See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 2, 2017

We have been going to this hotel once our children were small. Now, our children have grown up and go there already by themselves. The hotel stuff has become like our family in Riccione.

The main reason why we travel there so often is the excellent food plus the great location next to the seaside.

During lunches and dinners one can all the time find something he likes. We would like to especially thank the Cheff Renato who was so kind that he even shared some of his recipes with us.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2016 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a total of six nights for the purpose of a restful break in room 602. I am able to summarise the hotel, standards and what's on offer very quickly. All of the staff encountered are more than friendly, professional and accommodating. The location of this property is excellent and is probably the most central hotel to the main shopping street nearest to the beach which is around 50 meters away.

The hotel is clean, tidy and has many useful facilities, especially for children including a play room and kitchen for the parents use. The swimming pool and its design and location is excellent.

On a less positive front, the hotel like many hotels in Italy, is dated. It is so dated that it is a little disappointing on arrival, especially after paying €130 per night. I would imagine the price is what it is, due to its location in town, but you just can't get away from the dated feel and this is a shame. Some of the reviews go back many many years and speak of exactly the same negative and positive remarks as they do now. This suggests to me that they really need to spend some money on refurbishing the rooms and lounge area as well as upgrading the gym on the seventh floor which is not really a gym but more of a home set up. I would imagine that this hotel, due to its location, is busy most of the time, so really after all these years something should've been done about the refurbishment of rooms. Some people won't mind this but in relation to the price and the four-star rating I would disagree. This hotel is a good three star hotel and if the price was more accommodating to reflect the dated feel, I would probably return due to the cleanliness (apart from jacuzzi nozzles), friendliness and professionalism of the staff.

For approximately €30 more you can spend a night in a four star deluxe with spa on the seafront itself just a few minutes away from the Concord. Sooner or later they will have to change or they will be left behind. The owner really needs to spend some money on this potential success.

Tips: if you get a room with the Jacuzzi, check the inside of the nozzles closely as they can be very dirty.

The rooms do have new smart TV's which was a plus point and as such you can watch Netflix if you have an account set up. This is good because they advertised cable TV, which they don't have working or is not suitable for non Italian guests, somewhat misleading. Remember to sign out of your Netflix account (we didn't).

Thank you to the Concord's staff and especially the night manager who was very very pleasant, courteous and polite.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I enjoyed staying at this hotel. It's very good! The location was very convenient. The food was good, although the variety was greater at other hotels in Italy.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank M O
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We spent 4 days in June with our 2 year old baby, my mother and my brother. The Hotel has a wonderful location and is very family and kid friendly. The food was very good, with many choices of fish and meat each meal and the buffet style made it very easy with our baby daughter. All personnel was very friendly, both at reception and restaurant and we had a very clean and pretty spacious room. We definitely enjoyed our stay.

Date of stay: June 2012
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2008

Hotel Concord has an excellent location. It is in the very centre of Riccione and is walking distance to the shops, restaurants, railway station (more on that to come), post office, banks, beach and bus station.
We arrived about 9pm and had hoped for a transfer to the hotel from the train station but alas had to get a taxi. Arrivivng on a Sunday, having luggage added about 10Euro to the fare before setting off. The total cost being about 15Euro. I later realised the hotel was approx 200m from the station and was easy walking distance.
The room, well it was a little dated. I booked the executive room which was a good size and very clean. It had air conditioning and a balcony. There was also a fridge and television. The advertisement for sattelite television is a little misleading. Some of the channels were poor quality and did not include Sky - no English channels.
Although in the centre of a very busy part of town, the room was well soundproofed to noise from outside. The walls inside however were not so great. Memories of occupants next door rising at 3am and showering etc and every movement and conversation heard as if in same room.
We went bed and breakfast. The breakfast was basic continental, fruit, cereal, breads. Wouldn't have fancied half /full board.
The pool is located at the side of the building on a raised platform on the street. It is well secluded but is also shaded by the trees. (Which I personally quite liked to get out of the sun at times). However the sun loungers at the pool are wooden with no matress and were SO sore on your butt!!! There were 3 loungers around the other side of the building in a sun trap which were more comfortable.
Bike hire. Well, the first 2 of the 3 available bikes were "out" so we arranged to have them the next day. They, like the hotel, were dated. My partner's bike was far too small for him and he suffered to say the least. There were newer bikes in the store but they had not been assembled and were not available. The maintenance man was unable to adjust the seat of the bikes we had!. The bike situation was disappointing as cycling is the way to go in Riccione.
The cleanliness of the room cannot be faulted. The cleaner was lovely and very consciencous! Although the bathroom continually gave off a bad odour which no matter how many windows were open would not go.
In summary, the hotel was "okay". I wouldnt go to this one again. There are many hotels in the area and I wouldnt class Concord as 4 Star. A lot of the 3 star hotels in the area looked more "modern" so I think the star guide is misleading.
It was Moto GP week when we were there (the reason for our visit) and I have tips for going to the race for anyone that wishes advice on the track/transport or Riccione in general.

Date of stay: September 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)