“Cycling holiday ”

Hotel Milano Helvetia
Ranked #45 of 291 Hotels in Riccione
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I didn't have great expectations for the Hotel - on Google Earth it looked dull from the outside and being 3 star i really had some doubts that my mate had booked a wrong un' - How wrong could I have been - the Hotel was extremely friendly, very clean and were in the process of providing each room with new flat screen TV's - the food was plentiful and the choice excellent. On full board we never had the same menu, the deserts were top class too! I hired an almost new carbon road bike directly from the hotel and luckily me and my mates had the first class guide Steve for the week to get us to all the top spots in the area - after a hard days graft in the saddle we were greeted with a late lunch at the hotel and then were able to doze away the rest of the afternoon around the hotel pool. The only slight downside for me personally was a bit of traffic noise outside during the night but I am a light sleeper so I wasn't surprised I had some difficulty sleeping. For excellent value and a friendly relaxed stay I would recommend this hotel

Stayed: June 2014
hmilano, Direttore at Hotel Milano Helvetia, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Thank's for your review. I'm really happy you enjoyed your holiday.
Google made some photos in winter and it's completly different in the summer.

I really appreciate your review. Our new bikes are amazing, high level bikes.

For you next cycling holiday i suggest to ask an internal room, over the pool.....for sure you'll sleep well.

Emiliano & Steve

Reviewed June 13, 2014

I read previous reviews so I knew the hotel was good, but even I was taken aback at how fantastic everything was, our weeks cycling was superb. Our guide Steve was an absolute pleasure to have take us around he knew all the great view spots and cycle routes even if it did involve a little climbing first, but it was all worthwhile. Lunch was specially laid on in the bar area for us when we got back which was great. I must also add that the food was also first class well done Mama Lea. All the staff were pleasant and charming, special mention also to Marco our waiter. Rooms were cleaned every day and a nice touch also that you could get your cycling clothes washed. The area for cycling was breath taking at times, and anyone thinking about a cycle holiday to this hotel, just go for it you will not be disappointed, thanks again for a great week.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
hmilano, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Milano Helvetia, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Ciao Mick!! Thanks for your kind review, it was our honour to have you and your friends stay with us and we are very happy you had such a nice week riding with our guide Steve...and eating Lea's lovely home cooked food!!! Next time you return we show you some more nice places you did not see this time!! Have a great summer riding in England and hope to enjoy your company again soon!! Best wishes from sunny Riccione, Emiliano, Steve and all the team!

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Dear MH Team,
Thank you very much for all efforts you put into making others' holidays a life time experience. The food is great, team is always there to help, guides are great and helpful, region is beautiful, sea is just a step away. Whatever idea of holidays one has in his mind, everything is available. Enjoy. Do not hesitate.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Ciao Ekaterina

Grazie mille for you review. You are our first cyclist to arrive from Russia but hopefully not the last! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to greet you again one day soon! Best regards from all at the hotel!!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

We stay here for a week of cycling. Outstanding service from all staff members. Felt extremely comfortable and my lack of the Italian language was Not a problem. The meals were incredible and it was a wonderful experience for us.
Would love to go back.

• Stayed: May 2014

Hello Kevin, we appreciate your kind words and are extremely pleased you had such a great time with us and your friends from USA!!! If you want, come again and next time bring your Italian phrase book, we will be happy to teach you some Italian to add to your experience!!! ;o) We enjoyed riding with you and your partner and it was our pleasure to have such nice people visit us...we hope to meet you again in the future!! Best regards from Emilaino, Steve and all the hotel staff!!

Reviewed May 22, 2014

I have just returned from a 10 day cycling trip and stay at the Hotel Milano Helvetia in Riccione Italy. I didn't know what to expect as this was my first trip to Italy, was I surprised! I have never experienced such a thoughtful and sincere customer service culture as I did in this hotel.
Our cycling guide Stephen, was tireless in his efforts to provide a good cycling experience for all ability levels. I felt as though I had my own personal Concierge. On my third day cycling I had a slight mishap on the road, rendering my bike inoperable, Stephen quickly called for a car to pick me up and brought the bike in for repair and had it ready to ride the next day. As Stephen often says "no stress" "no drama"
The hotel is conveniently located, clean and well managed. The hotel manager Emy, was always available. My cycling package included all meals, served buffet style, the food was well prepared with many fresh items and lots of variety and healthy choices.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone interested in a quality cycling vacation with "no stress and no drama" also a great value!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Hello Bill! Many sincere thanks for you review, it was our pleasure to have you stay with us. We always say this but it is the truth.....cyclists are amongst our favourite guests as we get to do what we love with them...ride our bikes!!! It is important for us that everyone not only has a great holiday but a safe one too...bikes can be fixed more easily than people so as Steve says, no stress, no worries and see you again next year we hope!! Best wishes from all at the hotel.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

This is an excellent base for cyclists to explore the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy. It's centrally located in the pleasant town of Riccione, although at the expense of being sometimes noisy at night. The rooms are basic rather than luxurious, but clean and well maintained. The food was plentiful and exceptional - no need to eat anywhere else. The staff are polite, efficient and enthusiastic; cycling kit is washed daily, free of charge. The guides are helpful and know the roads, arranging rides to cater for different levels of ability and a variety of picturesque destinations. The bike room is secure and includes all the tools and supplies you're likely to need. Emy and his staff also throw in extra touches like a surprise roadside barbecue and a trip to the Giro during the week I was there, as well as transportation to and from the Nove Colli as part of the package.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side (overlooking pool and courtyard - away from the road) are likely to be quiet...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for you review and nice words. All of us here at the hotel try hard to ensure ALL our guests enjoy their holiday so reviews like this make it worthwhile for us all. We are very happy you enjoyed your time with us as a single traveller but we know you made lots of friends whilst here so you are never alone at Milano Helvetia!! We hope to ride with you again soon.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in order to challenge ourselves in an Italian setting and to participate in the Nove Colli. We stayed for nine days and rode for eight. Each day we had excellent guides who were able to give us as much or as little challenge as we desired. In addition, they arranged a day trip to watch a stage of the Giro and also coordinated registration and transportation to and from the Nove Colli. All were accomplished with the organization and precision one would expect from a top hotel catering to cyclists. The hotel was in very good condition and our package included breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food was good. The staff and guides were professional and very friendly. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms on the street side can be noisy due to traffic. If you are noise sensitive (I am not) ask...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank W4411WZdavidl

Ciao David! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and services and most of all thanks for you kind words! It is our pleasure to host you and your friends and show you the beautiful places in our area. The week of Nove Colli is our busiest of the bike season but also enjoyable for the staff as it has such a great atmosphere. Steve said his rides at the start of the week with you Bill, and John were amongst his best of the week as he gt to ride fast with you all!! We hope to see you all again one day soon, Emiliano, Steve and the Milano Helvetia Team