“Dutch bike group”

Ranked #28 of 288 Hotels in Riccione
Heerhugowaard, The Netherlands
“Dutch bike group”
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Big compliments for the service!

With 25 bikers from Holland, we had a tarrific stay in Hotel Milano: perfect guides who showed us the most nice routes and places in the area, good food at breakfast, powerlunch and diner ( more than enough kilocalories!), quiet rooms, swimmingpool, and near by the citycentre and the beach. So a perfect place to stay for bikers.

• Stayed May 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Mannheim
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I've just returned from my bike holiday, which I enjoyed in Hotel Milano Helvetia in Riccione. As I am a runner and not a cyclist, I wasn't sure what to expect.
But there was no reason to worry about at all, because everything was brilliant organized: Starting from the preparation of the bicycle, helping organizing missing bike equipment as well as serving the delicious cycling buffet.
So at the end I had nothing else to do than just climbing and visiting wonderful scenic places like San Marino, Urbino, Montescudo or Villa Grande. Every single bike-tour with Emiliano, Guide & Hotel Manager, was brilliant (even the ones with more than 10% increase :-). I will definitely recommend other cyclist to stay!
The staff was all the time friendly, helpful and entertaining. Breakfast, cycling buffet and dinner was always lovely (don’t miss the “Risotto al Limone”, if you are there! :-).
It’s an excellent hotel and place for combination of cycling and relaxation, especially with the nice hotel pool as well as the beach, which is close to the hotel.
Last but not least my thanks goes to Emiliano, who supported my slightly crazy idea doing the Pantanissima! (PS: I will do it again! :-))

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Bergen
Reviewed June 25, 2009

Eleven Norwegian joyful ladies had the pleasure to stay for one week in the beginning of June. American Phil and a couple of Italian pro cyclists guided us nicely on our fabulous trips around in beautiful landscape of the region. Urbino and San Marino made special impressions. Every day we started with a great breakfast and came back to the hotel for Power Lunch. Then, after having spent some time swimming and sunbathing on the beach or by the swimming pool, enjoyed the Turkish bath, shopped, or done some jogging along the beaches, we could enjoy dining until late in the evening. Emiliano’s mother is a small lady making great Italian food! We had to make effort not to gain weight in spite of all the cycling. Before bedtime Phil showed us photos taken on the trip of the day. He is not only a fitted cyclist; he is also an artistic photographer. We loved his shows in the evenings.
Unfortunately I had an accident and happened to break my clavicle. The ambulance was sudden on the site, and my friends and I were all impressed by the Italian health care. Emiliano made me feel safe by assisting as a chauffeur and interpreter when needed. He really put his heart to the service. The rest of the hotel staff also made me feel like a member of the family. I will never forget their carefulness. In spite of my accident, my whole group will remember this bike vacation with joy, and we would all very much like to come back and stay at Hotel Milano & Helvetia, Riccione!

• Stayed June 2009