“Food was good, but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Ristorante Canasta

Ristorante Canasta
Ranked #118 of 343 Restaurants in Riccione
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Food was good, but not great”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Sometimes the food was very good, sometimes it was just okay, so we didn't dine here too often. It isn't a bad restaurant, just not as good as the one next door (the Diana). It's worth a visit one night.

Visited July 2012

Los Angeles, California
“a fun place to eat along Viale Dante that offered gluten free pasta”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I went here because I heard they had gluten free and vegetarian options. It's located at the end of the boardwalk on Viale Dante, with a great view of all the Italian locals and tourists walking about, which is especially relaxing to enjoy at night. I ordered gluten free pasta with a salad each time I went, and they were delicious. Make sure you tell them that you want salad with corn and carrots, which are key words to make sure you don't get their other salad which is less fun to eat. Stay away from tables with smokers, but good luck with this in Italy. The restaurant seating is mostly open air, so try to pick a table near the boardwalk and enjoy. Ask for you bill as soon as you get your food or get your dessert, otherwise be prepared to wait 20 minutes for your bill to arrive. I loved this restaurant. Sports lovers will enjoy the TV monitors that broadcast soccer and other sports events for the restaurant guests to watch while having their meals.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Mermaid591
Prague, Czech Republic
“Tourist trap”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

It is hardly a surprise that a huge restaurant with such a prominent location and 24 hr food turns out to be a classic tourist trap. Canasta lives up to this expectation!

I was joking the previous day to a colleague that no restaurant in Italy could afford to serve bad table wine... Well I was wrong. The white was dreadful; 2 of us couldn't finish a half-litre carafe (unheard of!) and left a tinny taste in the mouth. The pasta dish was mediocre and my pizza arrived obviously burned. I looked up to the waiter after he hed flung it down on my table; but before I could get a word out he was away. As we had already waited 30 minutes just to get our order taken and our 3yr old was getting restless; I simply cut away the burned bits and ate the remaining half...

Needless to say, it was expensive, there was the 'cover charge' for no particular benefit; and this being Italy, 2 of the three adjacent tables were smoking. (although we did not ask for a non-smoking area)

Lots of good places to eat in Riccione; avoid this like the plague.

• Visited September 2011