“As it was in the past.”

Hotel Posta
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Reggio Emilia
“As it was in the past.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Cosy in city center. Old fashioned renovated hotel where receptionist could just add a smile to this so nice location. Useful to park inside the hotel premises. Breakfast is cheap but so Italian in it's offer. Just walk outside to feel being part of a play in this decor like city.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Hebrew first
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Posta for 6 nights and very much enjoyed the experience. The breakfast was lovely and the room perfect. The staff was not rude or super friendly either. I did go into another hotel in the area my friends were staying in and it further confirmed that this hotel was the best choice for my stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank bbabnire
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Wow! On a recent trip to Italy, my husband and I stayed here. Although it was built in the middle ages, it looks like new inside and has an amazing breakfast spread. Our suite was clean & spacious; it included a beautiful modern bathroom with shower, plush towels, slippers, and other great "goodies." Our room had a king-size bed which was very comfortable. I think the room was quiet, but I always wear ear plugs when I sleep. Breakfast had everything I could imagine - pastries, Parma ham, other cold-cuts, cheeses, fresh fruit, yogurt, muesli, any kind of coffe you want, rolls, etc. Our room looked out over the main Piazza and the windows even opened. The concierges spoke fluent English and were very helpful. Also, the hotel owns its own on-site gated garage (about 10-15 US Dollars - very reasonable). The family that owns the hotel has a high-end restaurant and Balsamic vinegar "factory" a few miles away - you get a free tour of the factory if you eat in their restaurant (we did not have time to visit the restaurant or factory, unfortunately). We only stayed one night here, but next time we will spend at least two - there is a lot to see and do in Reggio Emilia. I think families like this hotel, too, but the family we saw was very quiet - the hotel seemed very quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room on the Piazza (I think ours was on the 3rd floor).
2 Thank Debia M
Udine, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Great big spacious rooms!! Great condition, nice bathroom, nice hotel staff. A bit difficult to access with the car, being in the centre of the city and with all the one-way streets. They offer, however private parking (12euro) inside the hotel. Well heated rooms! Great position, near main piazza, shopping area, restaurants, etc. Great value!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jessica P
Columbia, Sc
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Good - Free bikes to ride. Free breakfast. Great location. Monica at the front desk was the best.

Bad - Very small room. Very loud street sweeper comes at night. Breakfast only had plain croissants, cheese, cereal and fruit. No scrambled eggs. Internet was horrible to log onto and you only got one free hour. Yes, ONE FREE HOUR only.

Ugly - Victorio at the front desk was rude, inconsiderate and the hotel should be ashamed he works there. When I asked for help with the internet he responded "What, you did not read your instructions in your room?" When I asked to point to where the train station was located on a map he responded "What, you have been here for a day and do not know where the train station is?". When I asked for a bike to go to the train station, he said "What? You can't walk there!" and then he said I could not have a bike because "It would get stolen at the train station". When I first arrived to check in on a Sunday he said "You know you have to pay for Sat since you did not confirm in advance your change" [I actually did].

1 Thank WojowiththeMojo
europe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights for business; chose it based on reviews I had read and top quality expected. Definitely a beautiful, unique structure from outside (medieval building) and excellent central location -- that one cannot deny -- otherwise, I found it to be average and a bit lacking in personality or charm once inside. Room was decent size for one person, area to hang clothes, clean room but not the most comfortable or warm bed in the world, average bathroom but limited luke-warm water (never hot), relatively pleasant staff and service (although I would not give it a very high rating -- they were pleasant but not exactly warm or welcoming). Breakfast was ok in a nice, bright room... I was in 1st floor room that was very loud (over cafe ?) and street noise (although pedestrian) was quite loud at times -- quieted down by 11 pm... Great location near many nice shops, cafes (particularly one at corner just adjacent to the hotel , with nice staff and decent prices and offerings for a quick lunch)... the hotel is definitely the nicest choice I saw or heard of in the small city ; however, I believe the hotel is overpriced for the quality and feeling. I might stay there again if I have to return for business, but I would also look for other options to compare.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are probably quieter , away from street and cafe noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank europearoundtheworld
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I just finished our first trip to Italy and the Hotel Posta was wonderful! We stayed in all the major cities during our 12 day trip and Reggio Emilia was exactly what I craved when booking our trip to Italy ... a great location with wonderful local people and hardly any tourists. Our room was very spacious and comfortable, and the breakfast was delicious. They obviously had the best parmasan cheese and prociutto we encountered in all of our travels! We took a tour of the parmasan cheese factory and it was wonderful. We also had a tour of a vinegar distillery which was nice. After that tour we were treated to a delicious dinner at the Farmhouse Cavazzone. The views from this farmhouse were spectacular. I highly recommend you book this hotel if you find yourself in this region of Italy!

1 Thank patti g