“Fantastic”
Review of Hotel Posta

Hotel Posta
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Reggio Emilia
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I just finished our first trip to Italy and the Hotel Posta was wonderful! We stayed in all the major cities during our 12 day trip and Reggio Emilia was exactly what I craved when booking our trip to Italy ... a great location with wonderful local people and hardly any tourists. Our room was very spacious and comfortable, and the breakfast was delicious. They obviously had the best parmasan cheese and prociutto we encountered in all of our travels! We took a tour of the parmasan cheese factory and it was wonderful. We also had a tour of a vinegar distillery which was nice. After that tour we were treated to a delicious dinner at the Farmhouse Cavazzone. The views from this farmhouse were spectacular. I highly recommend you book this hotel if you find yourself in this region of Italy!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank patti g
There are newer reviews for Hotel Posta

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We had booked a Junior Suite for 3 nights at Hotel Posta and were amazed at the size of the room on the 1st floor of the hotel....2 televisions...lovely large bed...big bathroom and a changing/storage room for clothes and luggage. This hotel is right in the heart of Reggio and its charming attractions. If you have luggage you will need a taxi from the station.
The staff were very helpful and we could not believe the outstanding selection of places to eat in the town, including the restaurant behind Max Mara in the main street.
Overall a most pleasant stay and great value for the money.

Room Tip: Shops close during the afternoon and there is very little open..even for lunch
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CraigW5456
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We've stayed twice at Hotel Posta. Our stay three years ago was a good experience and a good value. Our more recent stay was a little disappointing. Parking was always a problem with a very difficult and crowded parking area. Location is attractive in the older pedestrian area but can be quite difficult to navigate. On the most recent stay we ate out of town on a night with a local festival and it took us over an hour to navigate from the outside of this smaller town to the hotel location because of the crowds and rerouting of normally open streets. The desk staff consists of three principal individuals, only one of whom is very helpful. The other two are surly or indifferent. Breakfast is adequate. Furnishings are showing their age. The building is historic and quite attractive but an improvement in desk staff and furnishings would be necessary before we would consider another stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife and I drove from our 2 week trip in Chiavari to spend 2 days and a night in the Parma area. We ended up booking a room at the Hotel Posta in the middle of Reggio Emilia instead of staying in Parma because they advertised a complimentary tour of their balsamic vinegar plant in the hills above Reggio Emilia. The tour at a spot in the hills called Cavazzone was one of the high points of this trip to Italy. While this is a rating of the Hotel Posta, what I will REALLY rate is the complimentary balsamic vinegar tour and the dinner we decided to have at Cavazzone afterward. The tour guide gave his mini tour of the balsamic vinegar warehouse to us and three other couples. His English was excellent, and the tour was fascinating. The dinner outside afterward overlooked the valley below in the dusk and into the dark. The setting was superb. I would give it 5 circles!!! The total bill was 57 euro including coperto, antipasto, pork for my wife, suckling pig for myself (not the same as pork?) with veggies, potatoes, a bottle of water, a bottle of very good house wine, and, of course, a lemoncello for me. The antipasto was a pie type pastry crust filled with seasoned spinach--excellent. If I had it to do over again, I would get the pork instead of the suckling pig which was mostly hard skin and bone, but overall an experience I highly recommend.
The other highly recommended part of the Hotel Posta stay was a complimentary Parmegiano Reggiano cheese factory tour the next day just a 20 minute drive from the hotel. The English speaking tour guide gave us and another couple a personalized 2 hour tour. I learned more than I ever thought I could know about the cheese. After complimentary tasting, we left with a hunk of purchased cheese and have twice since purchased wedges of the aged 22 month cheese, once in Chiavari and once back here in California. It will continue to be on my list of things to buy and eat regularly, and not just as grated cheese. . .GREAT with a bottle of white wine!!! Overall, I highly recommend Hotel Posta as a better than OK place to stay and an excellent provider of extra services. Finally, they gave us excellent directions to get to the Ferrari museum in Mondello, a good hour away.

Room Tip: We had a room on the front side of the third floor, but my biggest tip is if you are English speakin...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chuck95236
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The hotel is in a great location, however the furnishings in the room desperately need updating. The building and location are great, but I could not recommend the hotel. We had a junior suite and because of the condition of the sofa and bed, the room did not appear to be clean. This also made us hesitant to sit on the sofa. I must also tell you, based on other reviews, my wife and I went to Cavazzone for the balsamic vinegar tour and dinner. The tour was interesting but the dinner was mediocre at best.

Jim & Donna

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jim W
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We elected to stay at the Hotel Posta again because we had such a good time in 2006. It was much the same, and wonderful with Umberto and Monica speaking perfect English, and helping with everything. Monica is easy to reach via email to make a reservation, and she responds promptly. They will get taxis for you, and help you with directions. Giuliano also helps with luggage and getting the code to use the Internet (first hour free, and you can buy an hour, or a day Internet access pass). The breakfast foods were similar to what we had had before, coffee, breads, meats and cheeses, and the hotel is still kept in great historic shape.

Room Tip: The beautiful elevator is small, and takes 2 people + a small luggage at the same time. Walk up the...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank anonymousLosAngeles
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I tried out most of the 4 star hotels in Reggio Nell Emilia. Posta for sure is the No 1. I stay for business more than 20 nights per year in the Posta. Nice Palazzo, terrific meeting room and nice breakfast in a beautiful breakfast room. Service is excellent, staff very helpful. One and only thing that is missing is free Internet.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business