Agriturismo Savernano
Fattoria degli Usignoli(San Donato Fronzano)(Great Value!)
$151
  • Pool
Podere Piana(Reggello)
Hotel Europa(Reggello)
TripAdvisor
All reviewseggsfood and winethe ownerpastafarm animalswhole familyolive grovestuscan hillshome cookedfigline valdarnoeach eveningbeautiful propertyour honeymoonevery directionout of this worldcome homestayed longer
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed at Agriturismo Savernano for 5 nights in September and can't wait to return some day!
If you want a truly, authentic Tuscan experience then you must stay here! David and his family make you feel at home the minute you arrive. The house has been completely restored. The guest rooms are large and beautifully decorated. And did I mention the view?? You won't believe what you're seeing, mountains and vineyards everywhere!
You can have your breakfast on the porch and soak up the scenery as you partake in a fantastic buffet . A large pool awaits you when you return from an exhausting day sightseeing. And last but not least, this is a farm so they do have farm animals! Exotic birds are housed in various cages, a donkey and horse graze on the hay, and sheep are found on the hillside. All in all this an experience we will never forget!

Room Tip: Every room in the house is wonderful!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mgrieves
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights in Sept 2012. We were traveling through Italy for almost a month, and this is the best place we stayed. The room was huge, the grounds are immaculate, and the service is above and beyond. David and his family run this amazing place. We met the whole family, who are friendly and always ready to help with whatever they can.

They offer a full breakfast everyday, and if you book that morning a supper at a minimal charge. We thought we would eat there one night, then try other places. Well David's wife is an amazing cook, and we ate there every night, except the Thursday, which is the only night they take off from serving others.

The views are spectacular, and every morning we would sit on the terrace, and plan our day. David was always around to give any suggestions and help plan. I cannot say enough about this place. I would recommend it to anyone. You must have a car to get there, or it would be more difficult, but we found the driving in Tuscany easy.

Florence is only 40 min away, and you can catch a train nearby, if you don't want to drive in the city. Which is what I would recommend. Driving in the cities is much more difficult. We drove to a few of the small towns around the countryside, and we did get lost. As I said to my husband, who was getting stressed about being lost in the country, the views are amazing, and what better place to get lost in. We loved every moment of our time in Tuscany, and this beautiful Agriturismo. The only suggestion I would give anyone, is to try and arrive in the daylight for the first visit. The road up to the place is steep, and very curvy, and would be better to do the first time in the daylight hours.

I have read a couple of reviews that talked about the drive to the hotel being very stressful. I am probably the worst backseat driver ever, and a very nervous passenger. If I can handle it, anyone can.

Room Tip: Our room was number 7, which is on the back of the hotel. It was quiet, and the views out the back door amazing.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cindy M
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed at Savernano for a week in September. My wife and I, and our 8 month daughter. It was our first trip with out little girl and we've previously travelled quite a lot and so were looking to combine the best of both worlds. Everything everyone says is true, the house, the location, the food and wine, and the owners are all really wonderful, but a few extra points for anyone wanting to travel with a young baby or child.

Things that worked well for us:
- We got a room in the main house and they provided an excellent cot in our room.
- It was quiet and cool in the evening (air con and we went in September) so our daughter slept well every night which was good as we were concerned the other guests would hear her (if your baby cries in the night, maybe not great)
- Our baby monitor worked from the room to the patio outside so we were able to put her to bed each night and then go down for dinner (home made food and chianti were excellent and great value) and chat to the other guests before going back to the room.
- We just had a shower in the room, but it was huge and I was able to bath our daughter in a small blow up paddling pool we brought.
- House/land/pool are great for kids
- You can't walk anywhere from the house really with a baby/child but on the 2 days we stayed around the house to relax, we went to Reggello for lunch which is a 5min drive and ate in Osteria Masaccio and then Pizzeria Stagnino, which were both great
- no baby high chair, we brought a seat harness which we used
- Italians embrace kids and we felt welcome wherever we went

Absolutely fantastic overall, can see us going back which is something we've never done before on holiday.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My friend, my family and I stayed 3 nights in mid-October, 12 in Agriturismo Savernano. We had a wonderful time there. We has room # 2,3 and 5 on the top floor. All are with beautiful views - overlooking the vineyard and the olive trees. David was very friendly and nice. The dinners were fastastic, prepared by his wife, Eva. The wine they produced was very very good and very cheap . The breakfast were good too - good coffee......We ate a lot ! I almost forgot to mention their small dog, like a toy. She is very cute. You can play with her all day long !

Room Tip: room # 5 with a beautiful view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GipsyHongKong
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Last week we were lucky to stay another week at Savernano ! For us the same, summer, spring time, autumn of winter....allways a wonderful time !!
You can easy visit Florence bij train...there you can visit a lot of museums, go shopping, go to market etc...allways a nice trip. Also Siena, San Gimignano, Volterra, Montalcino and a lot of small towns are very easy to go by car.
When you are looking for some rest you can stay at the swimming pool and enjoy the beautiful incredibly surroudings. There are towels for the swimming pool.
David and Eva are very nice people who are taking care of you. They are allways ready to help you with your excursions and show you the way.
In the kitchen Eva is the boss...if you want you can stay for diner 6 times week. She allways makes wonderful diner...
In 1 sentense...for us the best place to be !!! 11/10 !!
Thank you very mutch Eva and David to make our stay unforgetable every time again !!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple