All reviews minute walk comfort suite vintage fiat camper van on site parking amalfi coast honeymoon stay town square the staff were extremely helpful up hill the main square modern rooms hotel shuttle jacuzzi bath large balcony fantastic hotel pool area is
Selected filters
Reviewed July 17, 2016 via mobile

Lovely hotel with great views. Little difficult to find (look up for the sign!!)
We found the reception staff to be dismissive and unfriendly which is a shame as this is the only hotel where we found this.
Good location though, go up the many steps to the main square

Reviewed July 13, 2016

My wife and I stayed two nights in July 2016. I booked a private transfer with the hotel to pick us up from Naples Airport and they were there waiting when we landed. It was about an hour ride from the airport to the hotel. The driver was nice and spoke english so we were able to communicate fairly easily.
Check in was a breeze with the blonde lady (forgot her name) even though we got in a little before check in time. They gave us room 402. This room comes with a large balcony that is semi private as it extends into the public area as well as another room on the 4th floor. This hotel has a pool but we did not get to use it as we were only there two nights and wanted to explore Ravello. If we had stayed a third night we probablyl would have used the pool as we were able to cover almost everything there in the 2 nights. The hotel has an excellent view of the beaches of Minori and Maiori. The breakfast was as expected. Eggs, pastries, toast, coffee, juices. We overslept on checkout day and breakfast was already over, but the blonde lady at checkout was able to get us some coffee and pastries for the road.
As I mentioned, we overslept on our last day and forgot to pack my iWatch charger. These things are expensive to replace! Fabrizio (male front desk manager) to the rescue. He scootered to Positano, our next stop in the Amalfi Coast, on his day off just to drop off the iWatch wire! Bare in mind that Positano is about an hour away from Ravello on the twisty windy roads and on a moped. Now thats what I call service!
As for the location, it is about a 10 minute walk to the town square. Bring your walking shoes if you do not plan on renting a car or a moped. (And I would not recommend driving here as the roads are VERY narrow and they are very twisty up and down the mountain side).
Overall, this hotel was great, clean, spacious, good wifi, good location, great view, great staff. There is not much more you can ask for.

Room tip: 4th floor has a balcony with view of the beachside
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank derxmasta
Reviewed July 7, 2016 via mobile

We loved our three-day stay at Villa Piedimonte - the staff was very friendly and gave us a nice upgrade when we arrived, and a great-tasting glass of lemonade home made from their trees on the property. The rooms were very modern and on multiple levels so it felt very private. It was just a quick walk up to the square and it was very refreshing to come back to the pool every day!

Reviewed July 5, 2016 via mobile

Unfortunately, we only stayed here for a night. We had a room with a massive balcony - literally enough for probably 30 people standing around comfortably.

We spent the majority of our time at the pool. It was perfect - quiet and relaxing. It had a beautiful view from up on the pool overlooking the sea and small towns. I couldn't picture a better view. The drinks at the pool were incredibly reasonable - 15 euro for a decent bottle of white wine. Not bad for poolside.

The hotel was probably a 10 minute walk up a bunch of steps in to town. No problem for us, but if you have difficulty walking this could be an issue.

The breakfast buffet in the morning was adequate. Nothing to write home about, but it did the job. Rooms were clean and modern. Staff was helpful in arranging us a car to Salerno and making dinner reservations.

Overall, this place is worth it for the pool alone. Very reasonable prices if you plan to spend some time in Ravello, which is beautiful just sleepier and further than the typical coastal towns.

Date of stay: June 2016
Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

We stayed at Villa Piedimonte with another couple for a week in June 2016 to go to our friends' wedding in Ravello.

We paid extra to have one of the suites with sea views and whilst we thought the hotel was lovely, modern and clean, we did not think the room we had was worth the extra money and would not book it again. The view from the balcony was great but could only be seen from the lounge area and not from the actual bedroom (which only had one window which faced the opposite direction). In addition, the bathroom was large but had no walk-in shower, which meant we had to climb into what was quite a high bath tub every time we wanted a shower. I wouldn't expect this from a suite and indeed our friends who stayed in a standard room had both a walk in shower (with the changing lights!) and a separate bath tub, so we felt we had got the short straw with our bathroom despite having paid more for it. We were also surprised that there was no chest of drawers in the whole suite. There were two wardrobes which were great for clothes which needed hanging, but I would expect a 4* hotel to provide storage for folded items also - especially when there is plenty of room for a chest in the lounge area. Another thing which let the rooms down in our view was the lack of tea and coffee facilities - even the cheapest of hotels I've been to have provided a kettle and some tea bags so you can make yourself a cup of tea when you fancy.

What really spoiled the room for us though was the faulty safe, which broke a total of 5 times during our stay. The first time, it stopped recognising our code which meant we simply couldn't open it to get any of our belongings out. After a call to reception, a member of staff did come to fix it but we had to wait almost half an hour for him to do so as he was busy checking another guest out when we first called. This was really irritating as we were ready (minus the items needed from the safe) to go down to the pool and make the most of the sun, but instead had to sit and wait in the room until the man on reception turned up. He temporarily fixed the safe but we couldn't believe it when the same thing happened the next day, making us late for our friends' wedding. It proceeded to break a further three times during our stay, the last time being late on our final night when we were trying to pack for our early morning flight and just wanted to go to sleep. Again we had to wait for a member of staff to come and fix it and whilst he did so promptly, it again caused considerable inconvenience - both my boyfriend and I were ready for bed and the hotel does not provide any gowns so I had to get dressed all over again to let the man in. Given the number of times it happened and the frustration caused (which I had politely made clear to the staff), I was surprised that not even a couple of drinks had been knocked off the bill as a gesture of goodwill to recognise the inconvenience caused. When I brought this up at check out, the member of staff said he did not have authorisation to knock anything off the bill and when I asked him to raise it with the manager, the manager apparently decided not to recognise it either. This to me is poor customer service and it left a really bad feeling for what was otherwise a pleasant stay. Insult was added to injury when we were then later chased (on the morning we were rushing to leave for the airport!) and asked to go back down to reception to pay an extra EUR 108 because they had forgotten to add this on to the bill for the second airport transfer fee. After I made my dissatisfaction clear, the hotel did knock off a bottle of water and an ice cream off (too generous!) but it was by no means down to their goodwill or the fact they recognised the inconvenience that we had been caused - it was purely because I had made a fuss.

The above, together with the very limited breakfast (the only hot option is the buffet scrambled eggs which sit there all morning, and the fatty bacon), is why I am only rating the hotel 3 stars. This is a shame because overall it's a pleasant hotel with friendly staff, in a lovely setting, but having paid what we did for the suite, we did not feel like we had received good value for money (even after taking into account that Ravello is expensive generally). Other friends who stayed at a similar hotel down the road were able to order their eggs cooked however they liked and this is what I would expect from a 4* star hotel - not some grey lukewarm scrambled eggs which have been sitting on a hot plate all morning.

Date of stay: June 2016