“Wonderful view”

Ranked #8 of 42 Restaurants in Ravello
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: On the wide terrace on warm summer evenings or in a glass-walled dining room, the Garden's restaurant offers the best of regional cuisine. The style is unmistakable classic Italian and the accents are naturally local - the fishermen's "catch of the day" and the equally fresh produce of the hillside farms, citrus orchards, and artisan "butchers, bakers and pasta-makers".
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The food was good but you paid for the view. I though there were just as good restaurants for a lot more reasonable. They started off with complimentary raw salmon, which was good. I got a mushroom and pasta made into a lasagna of some type which I was very happy with. My husband got pasta but he was not very happy and he never complains. We didn't get beyond that because the price was so high. The view was wonderful and on a nice night I think they open it up which would be very nice.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had dinner at Ristorante Garden before going to a concert at Villa Rufolo. We had a table next to the window with amazing views to the coastline and Minori. Great octopus salad and selection of fresh fish and pasta. Lovely tiramisu for dessert. We even got a discount as we were going to the concert afterwards.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I never expect too much from a restaurant in an hotel, but I was happy to be proven wrong. There are 2 restaurants at the Auberge garden. One a casual bar with light fare. The other serving more classic Italian dishes. There are a number of fish and pasta dishes as well as beef and vegetable selections. I ordered the seafood over handmade pasta. It was very tasty and had quite an assortment of shrimp,clams,musslels and calimari. The fish was tender and the pasta al denti. My friend ordered sea bass. It was flaky, lightly seasoned and accompanied by grilled eggplant and lettuce. We shared a plate of grilled veggies. The seaon and availability dictates what veggies wil be offered. We had green beans,filled eggplant,zuccini, and broccoli. They were cooked perfectly..not mushy or too undercooked. The oil was drizzled on them a a lemon wedge was on the plate. I saw food being served .to the bar (fried shrimp and pom frite). They looked perfectly cooked and tempting to me.
Yes, I woud order the same food again and would go back again. Service was good and not rushed even though were people waiting to be seated.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The view is pretty unbeatable it must be said!
The service was pretty sloppy, we waited a long time for a drink and they were not overly friendly or helpful.
The restaurant was almost empty and lacking any ambience. The bar upstairs has more of a buzz and nice for afternoon drinks.
The food was OK I had sea bass which i was a little disappointed with and my boyfriends main was a little underwhelming as well.
One thing I remember though is the balsamic vinegar here is really amazing though, we had to ask for it (and olive oil) to accompany the bread but it was the best we taste all week.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were here for lunch while day tripping Ravello. As other have said, the view is spectacular. The food however was just OK. Calamari was hard and rubbery, the asparagus, broccoli and peppers cooked to mush, and the lemon branzino puckered my mouth. The lamb, ravioli and house wine were very good. The service was OK, but they seemed rushed to have us leave as I received the bill without asking. This due to some large group arriving.