“A special expirence in Ravello-do not miss!”

Hotel Parsifal Antico Convento del 1288
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Ravello
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

During our week in Italy we have been to many nice hotels, but this one has a real charm to it.
The location is wonderful- a few minutes walk from the town center. The view from the rooms and the main yard is breath taking.
The service we got from Antonio and Leonardo, the owners, was impeccable - attentive and always going the extra mile...
We spent two nights in two different rooms: the larger suite was practically for "honey mooners": big, comfortable, with a lot of charm and attention to tiny details. The smaller room in the main building was comfortable and cozy, but if a tiny shower is a deal breaker for you-order the larger room.
Thank you Antonio for the great stay!!! See you next time, hopefully the three of us ;-)

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Yaaralk
There are newer reviews for Hotel Parsifal Antico Convento del 1288

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have returned to this gem of a hotel, there is just no better place on the Amalfi coast than this hotel. The Mansi family runs it and they are by far the most gracious host I have encountered to date. The hotel is in Ravello, with a gorgeous view of the Mediterranean. It is well worth booking a room with a view. I can only rave about the food at this hotel. Luciano is a fabulous chef, his squid ink spaghetti (hand done in the hotel), with mixed seafood is to die for. He was gracious enough to give me a tour of the kitchen. It is spotless, you can eat off the floor. My personal favorite is pasta vongole, paste with clams, cherry tomatoes and basil. Yummm! Luciano also does delicious local fish. Grilled, sprinkled with salt and a drizzle of local olive oil. I was happy to spend my days on the terrace, overlooking the ocean, and either eating or thinking of my next meal. That is what Italy is all about!

Room Tip: Pick on of the rooms that look out over the ocean
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank annriarossouw
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I work for a TV production company in London, and we were filming in Ravello in November 2012. The Hotel Parsifal had been recommended to us by a colleague of mine, and I have to say it was a fantastic decision to stay there!
There were 22 of us in the party, so we booked out the entire hotel. From the moment we arrived, Antonio and his family made us all feel very welcome. Nothing was too much trouble for them. We had so much camera equipment with us, which wasn't a problem as we were able to store it in one of the guest rooms.
We also had our meals at the hotel, which were great. The kitchen was always flexible & able to cater to our needs.
Antonio even let us film in the hotel, which helped us enormously, especially as the setting is so beautiful.
I would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone - and I look forward to returning for pleasure, rather than with work!

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel have spectacular views of the Amalfi coast
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Charlie W
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Parsifal for just one night whilst touring the Amalfi coast. There was not a lot of choice of hotels open during the winter, but we are so pleased that this hotel was available. Upon arrival we entered the enchanting garden area which gives you an amazing birdseye view of the the Amalfi coastline. We were warmly welcomed and shown to our room which was situated just down some stairs from the reception. It was clean, comfortable and and opened out onto a large, covered, terraced balcony, which had comfortable chairs, a bench and a table, and offered stunning views. Had the weather been better (it was January) I would have happily spent all day sitting there. Ravello itself was pretty much closed, although it was nice to explore out of season. We ate at the hotel and the service was excellent, we were also given complimentary glasses of Champagne as it was my birthday (noted from my passport details - thank you). It was a cold evening and a portable heater was kindly provided next to our table. The breakfast provided was more than sufficient to set us up for the day. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend for location, views and service.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Siand33
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Had a fab time. Arrived as strangers left as friends. Our first time in Italy and can't wait to go back. Will stay at Hotel Parsifal again without question. If you need a taxi ask the hotel to book you John Carlos. He was attentive caring and a careful driver. Not overly expensive either.

Room Tip: 22 or 29 are lovely. Overlook the sea
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Annette H
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have traveled around Italy numerous times and have always enjoyed my trips. Yet it was during my stay in Ravello this summer that I fell in love with Italy, and Ravello would not be the same without Hotel Parsifal.

I arrived at Hotel Parsifal on a hot August afternoon, very tired from a long flight. However, the moment I stepped into the hotel court yard, I was delighted by the pretty sight of a well-kept garden and was overjoyed by the enchanting and beautiful views of the Amalfi coast line and the mountains. It seemed as though I could not tell where the sea ends and the sky begins....

Some of Parsifal rooms may be a bit dated, but they are clean, comfortable, and inviting & pleasant, having their own historical charms (the building was originally built as a monastery, dating back to the 13th century, and if one is more of an historically oriented person, one might even enjoy the benefit of feeling connected with history!) I actually slept more soundly in Parsifal than in any other hotels. Plus, Parsifal's deluxe rooms are gracefully decorated, displaying simple elegance and warmth.

Not only did I find pristine & comfortable rooms and the most remarkable view at Hotel Parsifal, but also found great service and warm hospitality under the most professional yet personable hotel staff -- what my parents (who were traveling with me at the time) just needed. When my parents had to extend their stay in Ravello at the last minute, despite the fact that it was the busiest season for Parsifal which was already fully booked for most of the month, Antonio (the hotel owner) went out of his way to spare my parents from the hassle of having to change their hotel and to ensure that they can stay at Parsifal with maximum comfort.... My parents' experience of Ravello would not have been the same without the warm and thoughtful hospitality of Parsifal.

I recently went back to Parsifal for a few days of rest, and was amazed at how it felt like coming home... Parsifal is truly a home away from home, and we will always cherish the thoughtfulness and kindness of Antonio and his family.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Karissong
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Parsifal in mid November and had a fabulous time. Having been to Ravello twice before, I am say without a doubt that Hotel Parsifal is the best place to stay. Antonio and his family went out of their way to help us and make things special. Views are just as good as the expensive hotels just down the road. I highly recommend staying there!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 843sunny843
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ravello
Ravello Art Hotel Marmorata, BW Premier Collection
Hotel Rufolo
#13 of 21 in Ravello
Hotel Palumbo Palazzo Confalone
NH Collection Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi

Been to Hotel Parsifal Antico Convento del 1288? Share your experiences!