Review Highlights
Like a day with friends at the most luxurious spa...

Amazing day. Top memory of a 2 week Italy trip. Views. Food. Family--for surely I am adopted into... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
same93
Grapevine, Texas
Unforgettable Experience on the Amalfi Coast

Our day at Mamma Agata's was by far one of our favorite's on our trip! Not only is the property... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Meghan S

Recommended experiences in and around Ravello
from $85.53
from $43.33
from $96.93
from $53.46
More Info
All reviews lemon cake cooking school her daughter the kitchen hidden treasure at home eggplant parmigiana highlight of our trip cooking tips italian cooking food and wine other guests amalfi coast red wine learned how amazing experience tomato sauce
Selected filters
Reviewed April 21, 2019

We visited Mamma Agata's beautiful home and cooking class as a family of 5. We had a wonderful holiday on the Amalfi coast, but we all agreed this special day was the highlight of our trip. It is a memory we will cherish forever, and I feel our girls will take with them lessons to last a lifetime. This made the class well worth the expense for us. Grazie Mille for a beautiful day!

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed February 10, 2019 via mobile

This was by far the best cooking class we have taken our entire lives. Truely highlights local flavors and the value of using in season ingredients.

We learned many tips that are secret but when the dishes are almost done they send everyone out of the kitchen so likely add a special additional secret.

The staff also has wonderful personality and are welcoming people.

Mamma Agata’s daughter is really the one teaching the classes.

You will be very full when you leave!

It can be hard to get in so book early. It is worth every penny.

On our class a couple was celebrating their wedding anniversary and we all shared their leftover cake too.

Pictured-
Lemon Chicken

Date of experience: July 2018
2  Thank LindsayE884
Reviewed February 5, 2019 via mobile

We were in Sorento with friends. They told us not to make plans for the next day. Into a van we went and they dropped us off at Mamma Agata's. A rather plain entrance, down some stairs, and then the view hits you. I immediately knew this was going to be special when Chiara greeted us. Her personality is infectious and so sincere. Long story short, you would be hard pressed to find a more personal way to experience true Italian food and how to prepare it, with lessons in culture, traditions and history thrown in. A lot of any culture and history can be traced through its cuisine, and this experience bundles it perfectly. If you are a foodie with interest in cultural experience during your travels, this is it. Cost be damned, go! And if you do, try to find out how she makes her pepper sauce and let me know. It is perfect, and she wouldn’t even tell me what kind of peppers she uses!

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank Caveman36
Reviewed January 23, 2019

To say that our experience at Mama Agata's was special would be a vast understatement. My husband and I almost didn't do this because of the price- what a joy we would have missed. I have been all over Italy several times and this, hands-down was my favorite memory EVER! Chiara is incredible and you will never want to leave. This was such a special, amazing experience! I cannot recommend it more!

Date of experience: May 2018
3  Thank Ashley I
Reviewed November 1, 2018

My husband and I attended Mamma Agata's all-day cooking class one of our days in Ravello. We were greeted with a giant hug, a breathtaking view from her outdoor terrace and a slice of lemon cake (my mouth is watering thinking about it now!) We spent the day learning how to cook various Italian dishes and sides, from salsa alla bolognese, pollo al limone, coccoli and more. My favorite was the parmigiana di melanzane (which I just made at home for the first time now back in the states, and it was a success!) Chiara and her family make you feel like you are at home, filling your day with lessons, stories, laughs and a tour through their gardens along the coast. We left with a very full stomach and full hearts. We love you!

Date of experience: July 2018