“Fabulous day - not to be missed!”

Mamma Agata - Cooking Class
Ranked #1 of 4 Food & Drink in Ravello
Reviewed October 7, 2012

For a real treat spend an unforgettable day at Mamma Agata's cookery school. From the time of arrival to departure you will be treated to a very special day by people who are special in themselves. Not only can they cook they know how to make people welcome in their home. You will not be disappointed.

There are newer reviews for Mamma Agata - Cooking Class

Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife and I decided to spend time with Mamma Agata for the last day of our Italy vacation - and what a fantastic way to conclude our time in Amalfi.
Prior to the visit, we were a little concerned by the cost of the course, but it is worth every euro. Right from the wonderful, warm welcome from the irrepressible Chiara to the fun and friendly company of other course attendees, this is a unique day to remember. For those who don't cook, then don't be afraid, as the time spent in the kitchen is really a demonstration of how to create the most wonderful Italian food quickly, easily and with a lot of fun. Much time is spent smelling and tasting different foods and flavours, from the incredible Mamma Agata Lemon Cake (yes, it is as good as they say) to the various ingredients that go into this marvellous food. Having spent time learning the basics of how to choose ingredients and how to create various dishes, our group of 12 people then spent a leisurely lunch overlooking the amazing views of the Salerno bay eating the food that had been cooked throughout the day and drinking local wines and homemade limoncella - it really does not get better than this !
A big thank you to Chiara, who is definitely the "hostess with the mostest", making everyone feel at home and entertaining us with stories from the past, and of course Mamma Agata is unique in providing us with all sorts of advice and being the typical Italian Mamma. A big part of the day is also made memorable by cooking, eating, drinking and socialising with a wonderful group of fellow "students" who all enjoyed the day immensely.
This really is a unique experience, and we will be back !

2  Thank Iain_Barbara
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We were skeptical that an Italian cooking class might be too cheesy for our trip and didn't know if we wanted to devote an entire day to it. After reading the unending rave reviews of Mamma Agata's, however, we decided to give it a try. A week after returning home, we are STILL talking about the amazing food we ate and are trying to decide what dish we want to try to make on our own first! All of the reviews are spot-on, and I would strongly recommend this experience to anyone who loves fresh Italian food and is looking for something a little more unique to do in this region. The heart and soul of this experience were Chiara and her family, and of course the amazing Mamma Agata! We felt immediately welcomed into their home and had such a wonderful day enjoying the views, the garden, and the unbelievable food. This was the highlight of our week-long trip to the Amalfi coast, and the best food we ate while in Italy. This experience really lived up to the hype-- you won't be sorry for spending the day at Mamma Agata's!!!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

One of my friends recommended Mamma Agata's cooking class in Rovello, and I'm extremely happy we did this. I love to cook and eat delicious food, so I can easily say that this class was the highlight of my honeymoon on the Amalfi Coast.

Ciara and her family were more than welcoming...they were amazing. The food was five-star quality and the view was breathtaking. Plus we enjoyed the other couples and families who joined us that day.

I'll let my pictures do the talking: http://www.flickr.com/photos/markl3883/7866861538/in/set-72157631260394454/ (scroll right to view all photos)

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Words cannot describe what a wonderful experience we had. My wife and I along with our two daughters attended this class. Starting from the drive to Ravello from Amalfi, the views were spectacular. We were greeting by Ciara, Mama Agata's daughter. She made me feel that we had know each other for years. While waiting for the rest of the participants who were taking the class that day, we were given a piece of lemon cake that was fantastic on a terrace overlooking the Amalfi Coast.
The class started in a kitchen that was large enough for the 10 "students" along with Ciara and Mama Agata. Mama Agata's knowledge of the english language was not a problem as Ciara took the lead in explaining the various techniques we learned that day. Breaks were given during the day to sample food and to explore their gardens which included the largest lemons I have ever seen!
At the end of the class the dishes Mama Agata prepared was served to all of the "students" along with lemonchello that was home made by Ciara's husband. The experience you will have at Mama Agata's is more than just learning cooking techniques. As mentioned above, words cannot describe the wonderful day we had.