“Dishes, dishes, and more dishes!”

Ceramiche Cosmolena di Margherita di Palma
Ranked #1 of 14 Shopping in Ravello
More attraction details
Owner description: Ceramiche Cosmolena di Margherita Di Palma is an Art Gallery, museum moda and shopping
Reviewed July 18, 2013

What an amazing shop! The dishes are gorgeous and the Margherita and her sons couldn't have been nicer! I purchased a beautiful set of dishes and they arrived in less than 10 days. Sadly one small plate had been broken during transit, but they couldn't have been kinder and quicker on their response. Within 10 days I had a replacement plate and was serving an Italian feast to my friends. Can't wait to go back to Italy again and to visit the shop!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I can honestly say that I looked high and low throughout the Amalfi Coast for a set of dinner dishes before I found Ceramiche Cosmolena. I think I knew the minute I stepped foot into this beautiful shop that this is the place I would ultimately find my dishes and I was right. The owner, Margherita, is very enthusiastic about her products and as another reviewer pointed out, there are no marked prices on the any items. I think this not because she is sizing you up and trying to see how much you are willing to pay, but because she just knows the product prices in her head and it's easier and more personal for her to just quote them to you as you wander with her through the store. Nevertheless, my dishes arrived yesterday, unbroken, and even more beautiful than I remember with our family name written on the back! My only regret is that I didn't buy more items while I was there....ahhh well there is always ordering via the internet right?

1  Thank MaryBethMac
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I recently visited Ravello for the second time, and again went to Ceramiche Cosmolena to purchase china and other ceramics for my home. The experience was delightful. They have an extension collection of ceramics on site and the staff are extremely helpful in finding just the right pieces that you are looking for. They ship promptly to the US, although I did have some breakage on the first shipment. However, Ceramiche staff shipped replacement pieces to me promptly. I will definitely visit again in Ravello, but can also order more by email too. I love this place!!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed in Positano for a week. During that visit, my wife was on a mission to find the perfect set of ceramic dinnerware. After shopping in every ceramics shop in Positano and Amalfi we visite Ceramiche Cosmolena at Via della Marra 15/19 in Ravello. There we found the best selection and best prices. And, we found the perfect pattern we had been looking for.

The shop was easy to deal with. They said they would ship the dishes to us and the shipment would arrive in about 10 days. We bought the ceramics on June 26th and received the shipment on July 6th. The hardest part of the entire process was opening the two boxes and unwrapping the dishes. The way they were packed, the shipping company could have dropped them from an airplane flying over our house and none of the dishes would have broken!

Go to Ravello, the ride up the hill is something else and once you get there the views are breathtaking. And while your there, if your in the market for ceramics, visit Cosmolena.

1  Thank Carl W
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Bought some lovely ceramics here in 2011 but only bought 2 of everything. So we were recently in Sorrento and made a day trip out of going back and ordering another 2 of everything.We explained we were only half way through our holiday and they said they would not despatch until we got home. The items were dispatched on 9/7 and arrived safe and intact on 11/7, that's pretty good going. Whist I will agree that on first glance the prices of these items seems high, the quality is very good and they seem to be very robust.