Villa San Michele
$232
$1,942
$1,766
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewshalf boardpastathe busthe cliffthe owner's wifeamalfi coastevery eveningswimming platformour honeymoonhis wifebreakfast and dinneron the rockswarm hospitalityitalian familythis family run hoteldirect access to the seasmall hotel
Reviewed October 28, 2010

For visitors to the Amalfi Coast, the Villa San Michele is a must, superbly positioned just where the road to Ravello branches off the coast road and only 1 km from Amalfi itself. The situation is perfect, with the bedrooms enjoying a spectacular view across the Gulf of Salerno and round the coast to Maiore. Like many in the neighbourhood, the hotel is built down a steep hill, almost a cliff, in beautifully landscaped and colouful gardens. The service from Emiiano, Nicola and their family and colleagues is faultless and the food in the restaurant excellent - lots of lemon in the dishes, typical of the region!

1  Thank RooCotswolds
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I was there in April...So this is long over due!!I was just reading some of the latest reviews....It is all so true!!!Villa San Michele was so amazing!!I was there 2 weeks by myself.The love and kindness from Nicola,Leo,Rosa,and Emillano made me feel like I was never alone!!!They made me feel like family!!In the morning I would go up early for breakfast and be with the family.It was hard because Rosa did not speak that much English but I felt her love.I loved how at night Nicola would give the vocal menu!!And Leo I miss so much he took such good care of me!!I miss them singing in Italian while I journal and wait for my dinner.They sing while they work!!If you are a single women this is a great place to go.I could go on forever!!!But so much has been said........Viila San Michelle I love you and I will be back someday!!!Aloha to my Italian Family!!!I love you!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank lovetotravelKauai
Reviewed October 9, 2010

We saw the Amalfi coast during a land excursion on a previous Mediterranean cruise and we promised to come back to this area. We could have not chosen a better place to stay. The hotel grounds, accommodation, food and very friendly staff and owners were the best.

The place is located on a cliff overlooking the sea with gorgeous view of the surrounding mountains, water and beautiful sunrise. The path down to the rooms is adorned with beautiful and colorful flowers, lemons, pomegranate and herbs. It is lit at night and sweet aroma from flowering bushes makes it more magical. Our room has 3 balconies that were left open at all times to the ambient sound of the waves splashing against the rocks below. It was marvelous to listen to and as effective as any sleeping pill. Breakfasts can have more variety but we did not mind the hot croissants served every morning with good coffee. We love the surprised dinners where there is always a choice of first and second plates. During our stay, the owners and the staff almost became like family members, giving us recommendations of places not to be missed, arranging transportation for us and making sure that our needs were met. The only thing that we wish the rooms have would be an internet access without the need to come up to the main office to check on emails. Other than that, this is a perfect haven of beauty. We would highly recommend without any hesitation Villa San Michele to anyone considering a visit to Amalfi/Ravello area.

1  Thank Katerryna6
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Located on the side on the side of the famous rocky Amalfi Coast mountains, feet from the sea below, this hotel offers spectacular views combining the blue green waters of the sparkling gulf, the dark green of the surrounding mountains, and the azure of the sky above.
The garden area is well maintained with beautiful flowers and plants and small lemon and pomegranate trees throughout the different levels of the grounds.

The service is excellent with the staff ready and willing to look after your needs.

Overall a very enjoyable and unforgetable experience. My wife and I will definetely want to go back, and we will recommend it to our friends and family.

Reviewed September 30, 2010

We visited Villa San Michele for the second week of a two week break to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary. We had travelled from staying in Lake Maggiore and Venice. We received a lovely welcome from Nicola who made us feel relaxed straight away. The hotel was on a busy junction but because of the way it was built into the rock you couldn't hear any road noise or see the road once inside the hotel. Because of it's location it was very conveniently placed to catch a local bus to Amalfi, Ravello or Maiori where you could pick up other transport links including water buses to Capri and Positano.
We had booked room 122 on recommendation and were thrilled with the incredible view. The room decor was a little tired and dated but it was very clean and comfortable. The hotel had lovely gardens on different levels reaching down to the water's edge and there was a stunning view from the restaurant and a lovely sunbathing terrace. The hotel didn't have any facilities except for these but this didn't spoil our stay in any way.
The whole family who run the hotel made us feel part of the family and were friendly, kind and courteous. We stayed half board and never felt the need to eat anywhere else as the food was STUNNING...home cooked and the most delicious food we experienced in our whole trip!
We will return!