“Wish we had more time!!!!!”

Belmond Hotel Caruso
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Ravello
Reviewed May 11, 2014

What a wonderful place the room was fantastic with very comfy bed and marshmallow pillows. The terrace had both loungers and two areas to sit either in the sun or sheltered if it rained. The views where breathtaking even during the evening at the lights from the town below gave a whole new aspect to the scene.
We had room 305 which was amazing we were welcomed with lemonade and also some Strawberrys to share in our room. The fridge was well stocked with alcoholic beverages and sweet treats.
The staff are very attentive being on hand when needed. Outstanding food and Choices throughout our stay. The only complaint would be that we had to come home!!!

Room Tip: Room 35 has beautiful views both day and night. very luxurious too.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Sirs,

on behalf of the entire staff I would like to thank you for taking your time to write on TripAdvisor and for your beautiful words.

I really hope to welcome you at the Belmond Hotel Caruso as soon as possible to enjoy more time here with us.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Stayed for five days in May. We can truly say this is one of the most beautiful hotels in Italy . As other reviews have stated the views are magnificent . What's more important about the Caruso is the staff. From you arrival to departure, nothing is to difficult, reservations, transportation, suggestion for day trips or any of your needs will be taken care of. On the night before our departure, we ate in the hotel restaurant and the food was fantastic. We came back to our room and found a note on our safe advising us our safe was left open and to call to reception for our new access code. NOTHING was missing . At how many hotels would that happen . If you stay on the Amalfi coast and you love great hotels stay at the Caruso .

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank redmanfloridapvb

Dear Sirs,

thank you very much for the time you took to write a comment on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy and honored for your flattering words and we hope to welcome you soon here at the Belmond Hotel Caruso for a new memorable experience.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

We booked our week at the Caruso to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday and having read the reviews we were expecting it to be perfect. It is a beautiful hotel in a superb location and we had a super room with impressive views. The infinity pool and hotel grounds were stunning.

The restaurant had panoramic views and a very professional and personable Manager. We were very impressed with our meal on the first evening and thoroughly enjoyed the boat excursion the next day around the coast. We really did feel that we had made the right choice of hotel.

Unfortunately the cracks then began to appear. The second evening we went down for our evening meal and the menu was exactly the same, as it was every evening for the whole week that we were there. This certainly wasn't what we expected from this quality of hotel and it certainly did detract from the enjoyment. To be fair the Restaurant Manager Giovanni did suggest a main course not on the menu on the sixth night as he appreciated we had run out of options.

We had two lunches at the Poolside Restaurant which were poor - cold pasta & burnt pizza. On the second occasion, we did mention it and indeed had to leave the entire edge of both pizzas but nothing was made of it .

We did find some aspects of The Caruso a bit false & at times attempts by some staff to up-sell cocktails etc was bordering on embarrassing.

The hotel did give my wife a cake for her birthday which was very tasty but it was somewhat disappointing that she didn't get it until breakfast on the day after her birthday. (The waiter said he had tried to deliver to our room on the evening of her birthday but we had our do not disturb light on. However we had been in the restaurant as usual that evening).

I wouldn't say that we didn't enjoy our stay but it is expensive and we have stayed at several hotels in Switzerland which we would rate better at not much more than half of the Euro 1000 a day to stay at The Caruso. If you are getting a Taxi from Naples Airport (and don't feel the pressing need to be seen arriving in a limo) then we can recommend Salvatore & his white SEAT from Ravello Taxis who did an excellent job - including ferrying us around Pompeii & Herculaneum on the day of our return trip to the Airport - a good, professional, service & a really interesting guy.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank XS-Baggage

Dear Sirs,

thank you very much for taking your time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted that you have selected our hotel and on behalf of the entire Team at Belmond Hotel Caruso I wish to thank you for your recent visit.

I am sorry to read that you were not satisfied with our restaurant menu as we have 22 different courses ( 6 Hors d’Oeuvres, 4 Pasta and Soups, 3 Vegetarian courses, 5 Fish and 4 Meats courses and a Menu of The Day, and my staff is always more than happy to offer alternatives not on the menu. Also the swimming pool menu is very rich with a Salad Bar, Pizzas and 20 different courses and I apologize for the inconvenience of the burnt pizza that I am sure occurred only once during your stay.

We ​take our Guest comments very seriously and we always strive to improve and​ I really hope to welcome you again at the Belmond Hotel Caruso and make everything right.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I have to say this is one of the most amazing hotel experiences of all times. Not only is the hotel amazing with all it's stunning settings from the garden to the pool area - the best part of this hotel is without any doubt the staff working there. What an amazing heartfelt welcome we got, they all felt like great friends after just a few days there.
The Event Manager Tiziana was simply amazing and making sure that every need we had were meet - she want out of her way to make things happen that seamed impossible to start with. We were so pleasantly surprised.
Besides that the breakfast is amazing and the rooms are beautiful - all details are just right! The place is elegant but not stuffy - a perfect place for a wedding or company event!

Thank you so much for a wonderful stay, we will be back again soon!

From the Moda e Arte Workshop Team a big great thank you!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Madam,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to write such a wonderful review.

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay and appreciated our hotel.

As far as the staff is concerned, I can certainly assert that I work with a wonderful and passionate team and it’s great to learn from our valued guests that we are able to make them feel at home.

I look forward to welcoming you soon again at the Belmond Hotel Caruso.

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

This hotel commands the highest point in Ravello and the views are absolutely breathtaking. The grounds are expansive with gardens throughout...you won't want to leave the property. We upgraded to a suite, which was almost more of a small villa with a large patio. The staff was very, very helpful with our every request, particularly the wait staff and sommelier. It was too cool for us to use the pool, but it looked lovely. All of our dining experiences were fantastic. Be sure to take their complementary boat ride. Plan to linger and relax on the property!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dollyamas

Dear Madam,

I want to thank you for the time you took to write on TripAdvisor concerning your stay.

We are very happy and honored for your flattering words and we hope to welcome you soon here at the Belmond Hotel Caruso for a new memorable experience and to fully enjoy our infinity pool.

On behalf of the entire staff I would like to thank you again.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Overall one of the best hotels we have ever been (we have been travelling widely around the world staying at many 5 star L hotels such as Ritz Paris, Splendido in Portofino, Cap Juluca in Anguilla etc...), if not the best.

Building: like living in a XI century aristocratic palace on the top of a panoramic hill: on one side rock mountains changing colour with the lights of the day, on the other side the (unbelievably beautiful) coast. The hotel has huge gardens wonderfully maintained spreading on a number of terraces always with a sea view to die for.

Rooms: We have had a wonderful upgrade (even if was our first visit at the Caruso). Huge, wonderful sea view from any part of the room, beautiful terrace (probably on of the best view I have ever had). The luxury here lies in the fine details: fresh flowers, antique fornitures, Frette linen sheets, cleaning and setting of the room to almost royal standards, heated floor tiled with hand made italian ceramic, huge marble bathroom with tons of towels changed many times per dayand huge size amenities (Penhaligon's and Bulgari) , super stocked bar and wonderful video/audio devices.

Service: here we speak of royal standards comparable, according to my experience, only to those of the Ritz Paris and probably of Splendido in Portofino (though I would say Caruso is better). I mean you are pampered in any conceivable way, still idiscrete way. Like one night we hadn't had dinner at the restaurant and ordered room service (at 10.30 pm); they told us 20 min waiting time. After 19 minutes (I am not joking) they were ready in front of our room with the food, our table was prepared like in a five star restaurant with Christofle cutlery and elegant cloth. The food was superb: I mean (I am Italian) pasta was cooked perfectly and the tuna was delicious. You are pampered everywhere in the hotel and wherever you enter you find smiling faces welcoming you and offering their help. At the conierge they are always ready to help you in a super-professional, though warm, way assisting you with excursions (they are great in giving tips and suggestions), reservations etc...Again probably the best concierge service I have ever experienced. In addition the hotel offers a free excursion around the coast by Ercole boat.

Food: wonderful, Michelin rated quality at restaurants. Tables set up and service to the highest standards, again though with a typical mediterranean warm and friendly touch. Absolutely to try: Pool restaurant. I mean, the infinity pool is just amazing setlled among middle age ruins...having lunch there suspended between sea and sky is an experience. We had wonderful pizza and fish frying which were just delicious and beatifully presented and impeccably served. Again you had the feeling to be like in a private exclusive yacht club. Breakfast menu (which you can have elegantly served in your room or terrace) is just wonderful and you can choose a variety of freshly (really) prepared delicious plates presented
in an impeccable way.

Drinks: I mean if I had to choose this woull be my favourite thing about the hotel. The cocktail bar is elegant and with a sea view to die for with live music every evening. The barmen are the best (really) I have ever met, I mean they are just worth the visit at the hotel. The quality of the cocktails is DIVINE (comparable only to the Hemingway bar at Ritz Paris), but what really is unbelieavable is the way they are presented and served. The barmen are incredibly smart, nice, knowledgable and they always find the the best cocktail for you (after speaking with you for a couple of minutes)..please follow their suggestions! The cocktail list is just crazily rich and you have like two pages full of types of Vodka to choose for your cocktail.

I came back from Ravello two days ago and I am still planning my next visit to the Caruso. As I said this is a real (not like many american hotels I have been at!) five star luxury (six star they would say in the middle east) hotel with a personal though impeccable service: you have all the time the feeling of being in a private aristocratic residence, seuspended between sky and sea. This of course comes with a price; but I think that the price/quality ratio is good since the quality, for the reasons above, is exceptionally high. Something to try absolutely once in a lifetime (or more if you can afford it). Perfect for special events and to live unforgettable moments with your relevant one with always a perfect feeling of privacy (the hotel is so well structured that sometimes you wander where are other guest; keep in mind that the hotel is regularly visited by cinema stars like Brad and Angiolina and by multi billionaires like Abramovič)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Diego S

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to write a review on TripAdvisor.
Your incredible words are a strong incentive to continue offering the highest level of quality to our valued guests and your recognition makes us so proud to be ambassadors of the excellence of the Belmond Hotels around the world.

Thank you again and I hope to see you soon the Belmond Hotel Caruso.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We visited this property the first week of October and still wish we had stayed longer.Upon entering we were greeted with the scent of fresh star gazer lilies, which happen to be our favorite. The staff from doorman to manager to room attendants were beyond excellent and ready to please at a moments notice. Now to the restaurant.....The manager Giovanni Frusciante, what an absolute gem, nothing was out of reach for him. his whole day revolved around pleasing guests. We were able to get him to join us after dinner and he returned the favor by singing a few songs for the guests in the piano room.. Please see the hotel advertisements on the web and you can get a glimpse of his personality.. The food was excellent and the staff was unforgettable. highly recommend this hotel as one of the best in Italy. John and Martha Moore

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank seandsky
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ravello
Hotel Palumbo Palazzo Confalone
#7 of 38 in Positano
Il San Pietro di Positano
Il San Pietro di Positano
#1 of 38 in Positano

Been to Belmond Hotel Caruso? Share your experiences!