We had a lovely 5 night stay at the Caruso.
- The staff. Especially Ela at the front desk! She was amazing and any hotel would be thrilled to have her. Always a smile on her face and always happy to help. Also, Guisy in the gift shop. So sweet. And Thomaso at the pool restaurant and bar.
- Beautiful properly. Stunning views!
- Gorgeous pool area. Even prettier than the photos!
- Wonderful breakfast included. The views from the outdoor breakfast area are breathtaking. Also lunch or dinner was included in our package although we didn't take advantage of that every day.
- The location is perfect. 5 minute walk to town via a lovely cobblestone street with gorgeous architecture.
- The food at the pool restaurant is great! I had a plate of sautéed fresh mussels and clams… probably the best food I had in our 10-day trip. Unfortunately, the pool restaurant food isn't included in the "complimentary lunch or dinner" package.
- Nice gym facility.
- We felt our room was a bit dated and dark. The rooms shown on the website are light-filled and furnished with lovely antiques... but our furniture was white wicker and seemed almost "second-hand" in style. However, the bathroom was very nice and had a huge walk-in shower.
- We were upgraded to a junior suite but if I had to do it over I would have asked to see another room. There was a large grassy terrace and an awning which made it darker inside. Plus, the view (which is the whole point here!) was far out beyond the window. We never used the terrace because if we wanted to be outside and enjoy the view we went to the gorgeous pool.
- We had dinner at the restaurant and were not impressed with the food that night.
- Be aware that the Bellinis offered at the pool restaurant are $26! Each!!
- I agree with a previous reviewer that the spa is not very inviting. I don't usually get spa treatments… but if I did this would have been a disappointment.
- We were told on the last day, while checking out, that we needed to pay cash for the concert tickets they got for us. Not that big of a deal, but we planned ahead to have only enough Euros to give tips and pay the car service so we had to scramble for more cash at the last minute. Would have been nice to know ahead of time.
All in all this is a lovely property and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. However, for the VERY high prices they charge, it was just less than perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Hotel Caruso is located in a former 11th century palace in charming Ravello, perched on a clifftop overlooking the spectacular Amalfi Coast. It boasts 50 splendidly restored rooms, of which 27 suites and 23 double rooms. Each room has its unique style and most boast a stunning sea view and private garden or terrace. Dining facilities include the Belvedere Restaurant with an elegant indoor dining room, an outdoor terrace adorned with ancient columns and an alfresco area close to the pool. It offers a superb selection of delicious Mediterranean food. The Pool Restaurant serves informal luncheons and drinks, as well as a salad buffet and original Neapolitan Pizza cooked in front of guests. Pizza-making lessons are also available. The Cocktail and Piano Bar is located on the first floor of the main building, decorated with original 18th century frescoes. Guests can swim in the incredible infinity swimming pool, seemingly suspended between sea and sky, join the Head Gardner for a special tour of the terraced gardens, relax with a signature treatment at the wellness centre or work out at the gym with a view of the coast. A complimentary shuttle service to Amalfi and Positano and a daily complimentary boat excursion along the coast during summer months are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Prestigia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Belmond Hotel Caruso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.