“Wonderful hotel stay!”

Belmond Hotel Caruso
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Ravello
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The rooms are fabulous, most with incredible views. For breakfast there is a great buffet but you can order off the menu as well. Housekeeping is perfect and discreet (pet peeve of mine). The concierges were extremely helpful. We had some issues with reservations-- we were supposed to get to Capri after our stay in Ravello, but the seas were so rough ferries were cancelled. They were so helpful getting the issues worked out! The hotel offers a boat ride along the coast that goes as far as Positano. Don't miss it! Nothing like seeing that coast from the water (or from the infinity pool)....

Room Tip: Views are wonderful from most rooms but if you are a light sleeper avoid a room with windows facing...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank julesBocaRaton_Fl
There are newer reviews for Belmond Hotel Caruso

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Although myself and my husband didn't stay here as we stayed in Villa Fraulo we had breakfast in The Caruso. It was fab. The service was excellent (although the manager seemed to be a bit grumpy!), the views were amazing and the breakast was yummm, well worth the price. I had a walk around during breakfast and I would stay here in a heart beat, that pool... wow. This is on my list of places to return to.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beirt_Opinions
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We arrived at Hotel Caruso on 5/30. Thru my travel agent I upgraded to a large suite at additional expense. The large suite does not have the views of less expense ones-205 is outstanding- plus my desk area and sitting area have had ants for the last 3 days. While I discussed with the management as well as my travel agent, they could not fix the problem despite putting ugly ant traps out in the room. While they offered to move us we declined because we were out touring all day, each day and neither my wife nor I wanted to take the time to repack ourselves and we are uncomfortable for hotel employees to move us unless we repacked ourselves(we are in Europe for a month so we have plenty of luggage being Americans:)).
Second issue, do not eat dinner in the main dining room. Expensive, poor service, mediocre food, sommelier who was not helpful. A major disappointment at high prices. Since it was raining we could not eat on the balcony and sitting in the back of the restaurant- there are 6 of us- with no view and mediocre food made for a very disappointing evening. The next day it was raining so we went to Positano and had lunch at Le Sirenuse- great food- fresh and wonderfully prepared, great service, and a beautiful view.
Breakfast is wonderful, great buffet and nice service. The lounge is nice- but why have dining tables in a lounge/ bar area vs. low seats like most lounges? The piano music, while too loud, is nice. Service in lounge was god but no Vin Santo in Italy???
Last time we were here we stayed in Palasso Sassoon, now called Palasso Avimo. I would recommend checking it out prior to booking Caruso.
Finally, although the GM knows we are disappointed by the ants and the experience at the restaurant, he has not taken the time to search us out to discuss in 3 days. Not great service or it shows a lack of caring from the top person.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank Edward D
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Though we had the opportunity to talk whilst you were still at Hotel Caruso, I want to thank you very much for taking the time to review the first two days of your 5-day stay with us.

You were travelling with two couples and had such a "tight" daily programme arranged that - you are right - I was barely able to meet with you. On the second evening of your stay with us, for example, I was at the Front Desk waiting for you to come back from your daily excursion to thoroughly discuss the issues you were experiencing but you were not able to stop since you were running late for dinner.

We finally met and spoke and I have to thank you very much for your feedback no doubt a way for us to try to always improve the standard of service we aim to deliver at Hotel Caruso.

I was happy to hear on your departure day that you liked the destination and enjoyed your time with us as well.

I look forward to welcoming you again.

Kindest regards

Reviewed May 30, 2013

stayed 3-6 2013 may just top notch from start to finish very friendly felt very welcome not too stuffy like some upmarket hotels all the staff remembered our names from the start which i think shows some skill the property is just stunning from the pool to the incredable gardens the food i thought is also faultless other than that the menu does not change, it is all done to a very high standard my advise would be to go bed and breakfast as there are some nice bars and resturants in revello within walking distance if you fancy something more basic and not so pricey? it all comes down to how deep your pockets are i think for me it was a special treat for a wedding anervirsary as one other reviewer put it it is eyewateringly expensinve but worth every penny, if you can afford it and not sure i would say go for it it truly is as good as it looks

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cliff b
Reviewed May 28, 2013

A short 45 minutes from the Naples airport, this property sports one of the most famous infinity pools in the world and a beautiful Wellness Centre. The rooms all have a view of the sea (only 45 rooms) and most have decks & terraces. My hideaway was the lone suite at the very top of the hotel. I walked out on my terrace on moonlit nights and gazed up & down the full Amalfi Bay.

The breakfast served each morning is the most extensive fresh buffet of cheeses under a glass case, sliced meats, fresh fruits and about 15 types of fresh bread, I've ever seen. If that were not enough, you can order a full breakfast and all the Café Lattes you can drink, the best coffee I ever tasted.

The service was impeccable, the staff all knew my name. The rooms were attended with perfection, although I never saw maids anywhere. The pool attendants kept our water bottles full and moved my chaise several times. The pool buffet was to die for with fresh tomato dishes, a pizza oven, fish dishes and full lunch service.

Its a short walk over cobble stone streets to Plaza del Duomo square, where café shops and quaint restaurants take up most of the square, where you can sit back and let the Mediterranean magic wash over you.

Hotel Caruso will arrange a complimentary boat excursion along the coast where you can even dive into the blue waters and dine aboard the vessel. This was a highlight of my trip. The boat staff was friendly and accommodating.

I long to return to this elegant castle of unrivalled beauty.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Romantic_Traveller11
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at the Caruso during our honeymoon to Italy last September and it was out of this world in every sense. The staff and service is flawless, the views from practically every spot in the hotel to the Mediterranean or to the mountains are unreal, and the incredibly fresh food at the breakfast buffet and for lunch by poolside are both to die for. By far, the BEST part of our honeymoon. A real dream come true.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LMBonati
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The location was stellar(5) the Views are exqusite. The staff beyond helpful the breakfast was fresh fruit at peak of ripeness and plentiful. Full breakfast prepared for you and great cappaccinos. The room was fantastic. No complaints, except I made a call from the room and it cost $180.00. They did not back off on the charges. There should be a warning. I will hopefully return.

• Stayed: May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ravello
Palazzo Avino
Ravello Art Hotel Marmorata, BW Premier Collection
Le Sirenuse Hotel
Le Sirenuse Hotel
#7 of 38 in Positano

Been to Belmond Hotel Caruso? Share your experiences!