“beyond my expectations” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Ravello
Doha, Qatar
“beyond my expectations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2011

We were at the Hotel Caruso for work, and I was quite skeptical since 'the big names" in the genre always disappoint, but I must say that the hotel is really nice, although there are no furniture, pictures or objects of enormous value, which would make this hotel unique! .Most staff members are polite and friendly, though sometimes people working in the 5-star feel the stars ... The food was good with some innovative combinations.! The organization of the events we attend was perfect and the common areas very elegant with a touch of style and class. The infinity pool is simpy incredible! From my point of view one of the most beautiful in the world!

Room Tip: junior suite with seaview
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Lalla1969

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

My husband & I have just come back from Ravello where we spent 2 beautiful nights at Caruso.Even though it had just opened for the season, everything was in perfect running order. This is truly a beautiful hotel, both inside & out. Very chic & posh inside, with magnificent gardens outside. And an infinity pool that must be the most beautiful in the world!
We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a deluxe sea view room with a balcony-- a big room where even the deluxe bathroom had a window with a view!
We received a bottle of wine and a fruit plate at check in. Everyone greeted us & served us with a smile. A special mention to Yolanda at the pool who is a very friendly & super nice person.
On the last night of our trip we enjoyed a magical dinner on the candlelit terrace of the hotel & were offered a cake for our anniversary by Giovanni Frusciante, the restaurant manager.
Our thanks to everyone.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2011

We were married here in 2007. It is by far, the most beautiful hotel that I've visited, and I've stayed in many. Being married here was the best decision, on top of the world with nothing but beauty from every view. As expected, the staff went above and beyond what anyone could ask for and made it the most memorable experience of our lives. The ceremony, pool and food were perfect! Of course, the price, might make this a special occasion hotel but when you get there it is worth it!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank triptalk
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2010

It has been a few months since I have stayed in this hotel and I still bring it up on a weekly, if not daily, basis. I don't think that anything I write in my review will convey just how spectacular this hotel is. The service is SPOTLESS, the food is the best I had in Italy (and that is saying a lot), the staff is absolutely memorable, and the pool is warm, deep, and offers the best view in Amalfi! The fruit and vegetables served at the hotel are grown in the gardens- you can actually take a stroll through the gardens and taste the fruit! The food... oh the food. The cocktails, while $18 euros, come with so many snacks you can make a meal out of it. The rooms are so homey that I didn't feel like I was staying at a hotel - until, of course, I walked into the bathroom and saw a basket of incredible luxurious amenities. The lounge has a pianist every evening that plays beautiful music through the evening. I can go on and on....

I no longer trust travel magazines, or websites that do not rate this hotel as the top hotel in Italy. I cannot image it being better than this. After staying here you won't either.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank pink0925
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2010

Hotel Caruso...words cannot describe the beauty and elegance of this magnificant hotel. The views of the Almafie Coast...are next to none. Our rooms were elegantly furnished...beautiful decor...the baths, perhaps the finest we have had while travelling in Europe. We won't stay anywhere else...we rate this 5 Star +

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

The views from the Caruso are amazing - both of the sea and the mountains. The pool setting has to be among the top 3 in Europe and the hotel gardens surpass some of the very well known ones in Ravello. Rooms and housekeeping are to the highest standard. Pizza or pasta in the garden by the pool constitute as good a lunch as I have experienced and the all day bar menu is similarly impressive. The distinctive feature of the Caruso is the charm of many of its staff who go that extra mile to make you have the best experience.

Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Dorset, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

Hotel Caruso is a 12th century palazzo which has been transformed into an exquisite hotel under Orient Express ownership; sister hotel to the Cipriani in Venice.

The situation is outstanding, high up in Ravello, with magnificent views over the Amalfi Coast and yet in only a matter of twenty minutes or so, courtesy of the complimentary shuttle, you can be in Amalfi on the beach should you so wish.

The hotel is a delight, with beautiful public rooms, a wonderful terrace for meals overlooking the coast, not to mention that pool! You will be hard pressed to better it. We have swum in many fabulous pools, in the West Indies, Bermuda and Mauritius and please believe me when I say this pool is number one with its incredible views down the mountainside towards the sea. The whole pool area is so pretty and well served with excellent pool staff and a super poolside pizzeria with a woodburning pizza oven for excellent lunches. There are lots of areas to relax, either in the very pretty gardens or on the poolside terrace.

The spa is situated in the gardens and again I have to say that Veronica gave us the best massages we can remember.

Our room was perfect, with a fabulous marble bathroom with a large tub and separate large shower ( my pet hate is a 5 star hotel with an over bath shower ) and a large terrace with easy chairs and a dining table and chairs and lemon trees in large pots weighed down with the largest lemons, all perfectly ripe at this time of year.

The hotel's Caruso restaurant was, of course, expensive but with a good choice, but you are in Ravello within a few minutes easy walk of the town with all the trattorias you could wish for should you want a change from the hotel's restaurant.

We celebrated our wedding anniversary whilst we were at the hotel and returned from dinner to find the bed covered in rose petals and the bath also full of rose petals and floating candles and a vase of orchids by my side of the bed. Such thoughfulness and so much appreciated.

The hotel has a private launch to take you on complimentary trips along the Amalfi Coast to Positano . The shuttle will also take you to Positano in the morning and pick you up in the afternoon leaving you plenty of time to explore; likewise Amalfi.

When I started the research for this holiday I posted a 'somewhere special please' request on the Amalfi Coast website and some of the replies suggested that we may find nearly two weeks in Ravello to be a little too long. I have to say that we could have stayed twice as long. The town is a joy with the Villa Cimbrione gardens and Villa Rufolo gardens and the concerts right on your doorstep and if you can bear to tear yourself away from the pool there are many wonderful walks, indeed you can walk down to Minori if you have the stamina; or as I have mentioned, the hotel shuttle will whisk you down to the coast in no time. A favourite time of the day for us was early evening when the day trippers had left and the little children were playing in the piazza outside the church, with their mothers sitting on the steps chatting, a way of life that is long gone in the UK.

Without exception the Caruso staff were a credit to the hotel and we hope that we shall see them all again when we next return to this exceptional hotel.

Judith

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MontagueSomerset
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ravello
Palazzo Avino
Le Sirenuse Hotel
Le Sirenuse Hotel
#5 of 39 in Positano
Ravello Art Hotel Marmorata, BW PREMIER Collection

Been to Belmond Hotel Caruso? Share your experiences!