All reviews sister hotel amalfi coast wagner tours leave the car porter service beautiful hotel junior suite your luggage swimming pool is stunning views our night stay our honeymoon the main square breakfast room the hotel offers vincenzo garden
Selected filters
Reviewed October 10, 2016 via mobile

We ended our honeymoon with two nights here. Loved our stay, loved their restaurant - loved the top notch service all around! The room was standard and offered lots of space and balcony with a view

Would very much recommend this hotel

Date of stay: October 2016
1  Thank Paradise799532
Reviewed October 5, 2016

There were 6 of us in the class. We learned about making cheese from the special cheese maker who was so happy with what he did and so proud. He and Vincenzo made us feel so welcome!! We got to pick our fresh ingredients from their garden which had an abundance of food for our class. Vincenzo took lots of pictures for us while he instructed us as to what we needed to do. We split into groups and he gave us all assignments. The best part was that it was hands on! That is exactly what we wanted and Vincenzo made sure we learned and had fun. After all of our hard work, we got to sit down at a beautifully set table, drink local wine and enjoy our meal. Vincenzo spoke to us like we were family and I would go back to this class and do it again!! Thank you so much!!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Deecav21
Reviewed October 4, 2016 via mobile

I am getting married at the sister venue of this hotel Villa Eva next year, therefore hopped on LateRooms.com and booked 3 nights at this property with my fiance.
We stayed on a half board basis, and each evening were treated to a superb 4 course meal, with different options each night and a mix of seafood, pasta and meat dishes.
We also had our menu tasting for our wedding to decide the menu next year, I never had so much great food in one sitting, personal favourites were the calamari and the chicken escalope, though buffalo mozarella was also awesome. My only complaint was I felt the drinks prices were excessive (€5.50 for bottled water, €7 for a small bottle of beer).
The breakfast at the hotel also offered a huge range of choice, after an 8.5 mile run beforehand it was even better. The room had a decent view of the sea, and the terrace was nice to sit out on at night with the WiFi working perfectly. We also benefitted from the free parking and swimming pool at the sister hotel Giordano nearby.
The bed was comfy though the rooms a little small, but overall a great experience.
I look forward to my family & friends enjoying it next summer.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Danny_Irish
Reviewed September 29, 2016 via mobile

Booked very last minute after talking husband in to it. We got lucky and had a private lesson, I understand you can "pay more" and get one too. Vincenzo was the chef who we thoroughly adored. We cooked 3 courses and were able to pick what we wanted to cook. Also picked our own fresh vegetables to use out of the garden. Learned to filet a fish. Cooked with fresh herb combination I'd never experienced before such as mint and lemon zest. If you like to cook, this is a terrific choice. I thought it was great that they canned fresh fruits etc to use when "not in season". They had and entire pantry!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2016

From Minori to Ravello and on my own (ladies,it was very safe) ,I walked the 1500+ pathsstepsteps(9km?!?) up to the breathtakingly beautiful village of Ravello.
My first time up and then down again, totally challenged and exhausted me...
But my gosh, it was so worth .The magnificent views overwhelms the senses.
On my second trip up,I was a little more prepared (a little less sweaty!)
and decided to treat myself to a nice sit-down lunch.
I came upon the Villa Maria Hotel/Restaurant.The menu was posted at the entrance and it looked appetizing : I especially wanted to have a salad as well ,as I did find that salads in Italy were not like those in Canada (full
of leafy greens and vegetable)
Well, they seated me on the terrace where I had a breathtaking view of the mountains and valleys...My gosh,I felt like I was in a little part of heaven!
At the lovely table setting,I had a glass of the house White wine; yum it was very good.
My food arrived; salad,grilled sandwich and French fries...The grilled veggies sandwich was delicious, the salad was an Italian one... okay....But,it was the French fries that amazed me! They were so yummy!!!! light and oh so tasty.It was a real treat for me, as the purpose of my trip was to trek and get in shape!...Get the French fries, ,it is worth the calories!
I had a lovely meal,with a oh so lovely view...I highly recommend you enjoy some of your time here.....PS:. I made another trip to Ravello and had lunch a second time at the Villa Maria and it was just as good and just as 'heavenly'!
Guys,if you want to impress your girlfriend and / or wives and be a little romantic.... this place is idealfor Amore!

Trip type: Traveled solo