“Best hotel in Ravello”

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Ravello
New York, NY
“Best hotel in Ravello”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

My partner and I stayed here for three nights in September, 2011. The hotel was fantastic. I don't think you can find anything better. I had arranged to be met at the Naples airport. The driver was waiting with a sign and took us to his waiting Mercedes to drive us to the hotel. Upon arrival, the front desk manager welcomed us by our names and made us feel so comfortable and welcome. Our room was beautiful, comfortable and spacious. The Bulgari products were great, and they gave us an option to change to the different Bulgari scents they offered. They also left us a card asking us if we preferred cotton, linen or satin for our bedding each day. The service was wonderful. What made this so wonderful was their new villa, Sasso by the Sea. This was a short van ride down to their villa right on the water. I've attached a photo of a caprese salad and pizza they brought down to us for lunch one day (another day, we ate upstairs at their restaurant, and I had a fantastic fettucine with olive oil, garlic and red peppers).

Overall, the Palazzo Sasso was one of the best places I have ever stayed.

1 Thank ChuckNYCUWS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
milano
Reviewed September 22, 2011

STRUCTURE: beautiful facade of the building with an elegant and welcoming tones, beautiful views from some rooms (not all), small but well-kept garden, roof terrace forgotten. Very spectacular inner courtyard.
LOBBYING: pleasant welcoming entrance elegant, can be reached only on foot, the car can not get directly in front of the lobby.
ROOMS: simple, clean, beautiful marble floors, but too small, tiny bathrooms with no tub, good products of BULGARI bianco. Size of cruise-ship style rooms, no luxurious furnishings, insignificant, very hard mattresses, linen is not valuable, bedroom four star hotel no more. Two rooms booked and both totally overprice
RESTAURANT: well-furnished, well located, but no view from the dining room, although I was the internal customer of the hotel and my mother's birthday, no table was available for us, the restaurant was full all night by people outside who had reserved in advance, so we celebrated his birthday at the restaurant next to the Hotel Orient Express.
SWIMMING: small without any special features.
PERSONAL: friendly, elegant with nice uniforms, unprofessional, no note of welcome in the room, no birthday card for my mother even though the hotel had been warned of our arrival to celebrate an anniversary.
What I liked most: color of the building
What I like least: rooms, furniture, staff, garden, swimming pool, spa baths and all the services offered in general.
OVERALL: the windows and the garden is seen next to the Hotel Caruso Orient Express where we are customers for about 4 years (this time it was fully booked) and each time our eyes was always there. Absolutely not been to the Palazzo Sasso is better than usual price. Hotel fake.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank bestmilano
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We stayed at Palazzo Sasso for 4 days at the end of 2 week Italian vacation. The hotel is wonderful. The hotel has only about 40 rooms, but all the amenities of a larger resort. Because it is small, the service was not only wonderful but personal. The views were amazing, all you have read about and more. We spent an afternoon at the hotel's villa down on the Mediterrean, had a wonderful lunch and went for a lazy swim in the Med. There is also pool there as well as up at the hotel proper. We ate at both the casual and Michelin 2-starred restaurant. We loved the casual restaurant. We expected more sophisticated food at the fancy one - although the food tasted wonderful - we expected something more. Service was wonderful everywhere, front desk, restaurants, shuttle driver, maids, porters. A wonderful, wonderful hotel stay.

Room Tip: All rooms have a wonderful view. The first room we were shown was small. We asked and were transfe...
New York
Reviewed September 13, 2011

This hotel was UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! It is beautiful and clean; very well done. The service you receive here is one of the best I have ever come across. We had a basic mountainside room which was small but beautiful. On arrival we received a bottle of prosecco and upon leaving a beautiful bottle of lemoncello. The pool is probably the best thing about the hotel along with the breathtaking views. The service poolside was impeccable! They would not even let you lift a finger to pour a glass of water. They were amazing. I cannot say enough about the staff here and the hotel grounds itself. We did eat at their restaurant one night and it was good but VERY expensive.

Room Tip: Any room is nicely done but you may want to get one with a sea view
1 Thank luv2travel530
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed September 8, 2011

My husband and I had been very busy with work and I am also 4 mo pregnant. We decided to take a trip to Italy and after much research, chose to stay at Palazzo Sasso. I cannot tell you how happy we were with our choice! The hotel staff is extremely helpful and accommodating, and we found their offers of assistance so sincere and charming, to boot ("Signor/Signora, please..tell me everything!"). My husband and I also desperately needed this getaway because we had just been through one of the most stressful three months we could remember so we didn't want to experience any hassles or stress. I should also say that as a type A (+) personality, it is very difficult for me to unwind or otherwise relax. That said, and to my utter amazement, my stress melted away at Palazzo Sasso. Between the uber calming music piped throughout and playing at just the right volume, to the utter beauty of the property and views, to the wonderfully prepared and delicious food, to the spanking clean room...it was truly perfection. We spent an amazing full day at Sasso by the Sea and it was one of the best most thoroughly enjoyable days we have spent on vacation in a long time. Our stay was a short one, sadly, but the hotel really went out of its way even with the small things to ensure our stay was a memorable one (i.e., the hotel had a welcome bottle of Prosecco waiting for us, little gifts at turndown each night and a bottle of limoncello as a farewell gift).

In the interest of fairness and to provide a balanced review, here's what we thought could have been better: the bathrooms are pretty small (but unbelievably spotless!) and while not a big deal, the shower was what I would improve. It was an incredibly small space with an incredibly oversized rainfall/waterfall-type shower head...in other words, you can't adjust or escape the water once you're in the shower (so beware if the water is too hot or too cold...or if you don't want to wash your hair...it's impossible to escape the water!). It didn't bother my husband and it actually amused me. It was very reminiscent of that Seinfeld episode where Kramer purchased the circus-grade shower head and his hair was plastered to his head as a result...for all you Seinfeld fans out there. : )

In any case, above is really me splitting hairs. I was super impressed with this place and I can't recommend this hotel enough. We will definitely be returning!

2 Thank LuxuryTraveler_8
New York
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We went here for a wedding and loved this hotel. It is so private and calm the view is magical. The service is a 10 out of 10. Recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Ravello. (Air-conditioning worked great as well, very important in August in Italy!)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank holiday_vacation33
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed at a different hotel in Ravello but went to the Palazzo Sasso bar to have some cocktails after dinner. The views are lovely (but this is the case in nearly every spot in Ravello!) and the cocktails were nice but pricy (but we knew where we were going, so that was not a problem). When you go a bar where drinks cost 15 Euro each one expects service to be spectacular, unfortunately we found that the young Italian waiters spent nearly an hour chit-chatting and joking with the customers in the nearby tables (not surprisingly the customers in one of them were two beautiful ladies), making the atmosphere look like a friends' bar in Naples rather than a relaxing, intimate place. After paying for our drinks we asked to speak to the manager to let him/her know our views. We spoke to Stefano, who listened to us and said that speaking to clients (for an hour!) was just part of their service. Very disappointing.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Spanish_Traveller11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ravello
Belmond Hotel Caruso
Monastero Santa Rosa Hotel & Spa
Monastero Santa Rosa Hotel & Spa
#1 of 5 in Conca dei Marini
Hotel Palumbo Palazzo Confalone

Been to Palazzo Avino? Share your experiences!