“Stunning and Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Ravello
Fort Worth, Texas
“Stunning and Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

We had just spent three nights in Positano at Le Sirenuse so we had high expectations coming in. It is a short 40-minute drive between the two cities, and I must say it was fabulous splitting our time between the two. It was a great way to experience the Amalfi Coast. Palazzo Sasso is stunning and perfect. It was the absolute best next stop on our European adventure. We arrived to check-in early, but they had our room available. From the moment we arrived, service was exceptional. The view from this hotel is breathtaking and the hotel grounds are bright and well manicured.

We spent our days in the spa, laying by the pool, and checking out Ravello. We also loved the hotel beach club, Sasso by the Sea. It was nice to take a dip in the Mediterranean when staying up in the mountains. We also enjoyed a bottle of champagne in the rooftop jacuzzi looking down at the Mediterranean.

We had a wonderful meal at the hotel restaurant, but preferred to go into town to the more casual restaurants. Breakfast was wonderful each morning!! The hotel recommended Cumpa Cosimo in town and it was the best meal we had in Italy. We even went back another night.

You must book this hotel and see Ravello. I only have positive things to say about the two. The hotel is one of a kind that aims to pamper you. It is very laid back and romantic.

1 Thank Cricket84

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

I thought this hotel is the door to heaven as when you enter it’s a little green door but once you in you enter in a different world and from the outside felt like your grandmother house in 1969 but I love it that is the whole idea the magic and charm.
Ravello and this hotel is beyond imagination I don’t know what else to say.
The hotel is one of the best in town, Italy and the world; all the staff is professional and classy.
They will ask your preference in regards the pillow and the type of sheets.

They provided me with a bottle of wine as thank you on arrival and on the day I left a bottle of limoncello as good bye and thank you – I have never seen such warmth and hospitality unlike the so called Leading Hotels Of the World which I have stayed in Rome – the definition of the leading hotel should be to this hotel.
The property is well situated 5 minute walk to villa Rufolo and the main square and 15 minutes walk to Villa Cimbrone.
The hotel restaurant Rossellini is something else the chef Pino Lavarra is an artist and food, wine and attentive to details and service is so good and they do take care of you so whatever you pay is worth it, when I was sitting alone on the table watching the beauty of the Mediterranean sea they brought me a book just in case they thought I’m bored! I have never seen such attention to customers.
The breakfast was amazing and every morning we were greeted and asked if there is any special request , I have stayed for 3 nights and they only asked me one time for my room number and never again unlike other hotels they keep asking you every time!
On the pool when I was there, I was greeted provided with towels and asked if I need to drink anything, when I was reading a book they guy jumped and offered me with a bookmark! Can you believe the attention to details and making sure all his clients on the pool are happy.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again again and again and just a little advise don’t waste your money on Hotel Caruso as its not worth it stay here for sure.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank rayoflightcanada
perth australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Don't hesitate to book this place. My family, Husband and two kids spent 3 nights here and this was not just a hotel but an amazing experience. This hotel was gorgeous! The staff were wonderful and the rooms, facilities and view was to die for. We were lucky to book a suite with connecting room for the kids and had the most amazing balcony overlooking the mountains and sea with day beds and outdoor dining for 6 (303 and 304 I think?). I cannot find the words to tell you how relaxing and beautiful this place was. We were spoilt and we will definitely be going back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank susanPerthAustralia
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I got married in Ravello last month and stayed here for 4 splendid days. The staff, the food, the hotel were all simply superb. When we first checked in they took my wedding dress to get pressed, they couldn't do any more to try and make our stay as wonderful as could be. The breakfast was simply delicious, the spicy sausages were my particular favourite! The room was fairly large and we had a jacuzzi bath in our room, which was simply heavenly especially with the givenchy products they give.I must say the staff were very friendly and helpful, they really are a credit to the Sasso. We had a complimentary bottle of Prosecco which was lovely, I had this on my wedding morning! If I had to complain about anything, a minor detail, I would say the free wi-fi is not the greatest, but it really wasn't that important to me, as I was very busy preparing for my wedding! My husband and I then went to the 2 michelin star restaurant, Rosselini's, wow is all I can say! We had the tasting menu which was a selection of different dishes which I would never have put all together, but simply worked! Of course to stay here is expensive, but if i had to do it all again, I would. It was worth every penny. If you saw the beauty of the room, the hot tubs on top of the hotel, the gardens and swimming pool, they all make up the most wonderful hotel I have ever stayed in.

• 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank spacey_uk
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

An amazing place that is a true testament of why the Almalfi Coast is good for the soul. It is magical in every way.

new york, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

we recently returned from our first visit to ravello and we stayed at this fantastic hotel. the facility, the amenities, the location, the views are all top notch -- and the service/staff is absolutely the best, no matter how far-fetched a request might be (like arranging for a courier to pick up the computer i had left in sicily). cannot wait to go back and will recommend to everyone....only quibble -- bathroom was a bit small, but quite beautiful!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank flx202
como
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

the location is perfect, with a breathtaking view of the gulf. first class services at first class prices. the breakfast is very rich and of high quality. rooms are clean and spacious. people are kind and ready to help you in any way. everything is very expensive (dinner at the restaurant rosselinis costs at least 80 euros per person), but you cannot say that it is a surprise.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TeoLory
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ravello
Belmond Hotel Caruso
Hotel Villa Cimbrone
Hotel Villa Cimbrone
#7 of 22 in Ravello
4.5 of 5 stars 259 reviews

Been to Palazzo Avino? Share your experiences!