“Glad I did it, but better things to do on amalfi coast”

Ranked #2 of 6 Tours in Ravello
More attraction details
Owner description: While walking this scenic route between Ravello and Minori you can view, from vantage points atop cliffs, in gardens or roadways, sweeping vistas along the seacoast.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Glad I did it, but better things to do on amalfi coast”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and my sister and brother-in-law all did this trip down and up (we were staying in Ravello) in about 2 hours. It was long and sweaty, and I'm glad I can say I conquered it, but there were some scary barking dogs along the way and minori was nothing special. Spend your time at Villa Cimbrone, or do a village to village walk instead.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank CTFamilyFive

Benton, Arkansas
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great views - lots of steps.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I am 38 and not an exerciser, but not in terrible pathetic shape, either. The steps down to Amalfi from Ravello are deep. Something about the depth of those steps worked out muscles I don't use while sitting at my desk, apparently. I was fine during the walk and the next day. 2 days later, the horrific thigh muscle pain set in while we were in Paris -- felt like everywhere we went had a million steps. Ha! We laughed about it then and now. That being said, my husband is 56 and he was unscathed, but did gripe about the heat.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jenjohnson72019
Rome
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excuse me, sir. Where can I get a permit to build my dream house here?”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Dear People, wherever you may be, at some point in your lives go to Italy and head straight for the south, very near Naples and the delicately overpowering Amalfi coast. I had taken a plane to Naples, then a van to Castellamare di Stabia. From there we were taken all over the Amalfi coast. Ravello, was the most captivating place. Why? Have you ever been some place and felt like it was a utopia? That's why. I didn't see very much, but what I did see was all I needed: very high atop a mountain, I strolled through the lovely, flowered gardens and stopped at the edge to be overwhelmed by the piercing blue of the sea, which on the horizon, met with an equally piercing blue of the sky. There were villages below among the rocks and the lush vegetation. I left only because my life was elsewhere. Dear People, this is what I felt and what I still feel today. Should you go and have a very different experience, all I can say is that your utopia lies elsewhere.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Diana C
Cambridge, Massachusetts
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Many steps down”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This was a great walk through the olive groves down to Minori. not a lot of shade on a hot day but the views were fantastic. Half way down there was a small chapel with a lovely garden where you can sit in the shade and have a spot of lunch.
this was a walk that was mainly down steps so it was a little hard on the knees but well worth it!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Caroline4845
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic walk w beautiful views”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We did this walk 3 days ago, the weather was hot, and I would not recommend doing it in the heat of the day.
We walked from Minori up the steps to Ravello, had lunch at the top and people watched in the square, then walked down via a different track on the side, by Villa R.

The walk up is hard work, it's about 1000 stairs, lots of fountains to full your bottle, lovely houses, it was well sign posted and clean so I'm not sure what others are talking about saying it wasn't.
The views along the way are amazing.
We were sweaty and hot, but it's a great work out and is rewarding.

The walk down was probably one of my favourite things, it was a little track almost through farm land, we saw goats with bells on, heaps of geckos, a few locals, lemon trees, different views, and organic restaurant where they grow their own veggies and you see the garden.

Well worth the effort!!