Bella Vista sul Mare
Reserve with
Bella Vista sul Mare is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 42 Restaurants in Ravello
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The secret of a successful centenary? Our obsessive attention to the kitchen and the constant search for new combinations. All while respecting the ancient tradition of our region and the Mediterranean. And maximum attention to the quality, authenticity and freshness of the main ingredients of our dishes. The Restaurant "Bella vista sul Mare" is located at the entrance of the Hotel Bonadies, with separate access. The menu a la carte dishes from the Amalfi Coast, prepared with care and respect for tradition by the Chef Raffaele Amato. The restaurant has a terrace overlooking the sea where you can have lunch and dinner. In addition we organize weekly theme nights on the panoramic terraces of the hotel, buffet, pizza and music.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We have been to this restaurant several times during our holiday in Ravello. The view from the terrace is lovely. It seems to be hanging in the air. Great food and top quality, waiters very friendly.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed at the hotel with this restaurant. We ate in a few restaurants during our stay in Ravello. Taking into account all courses and service this one pips it for me. Combine this with amazing views-a must during your stay.

1  Thank Else40
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I simply cannot say enough about the view from the large open windows and patio!
Looking out, I felt that i was seated on a cloud. The first bite of my prima piata, sent me furthur through the air. I absolustely adored the buffett they put out each morning! Fresh melon, the best coffee I have ever had in my life, fresh baked cakes, breads, lovely eggs and prosciutto and melon. I couldnt wait to see the fresh fuit selection each day. I have nothing that equates with the service here in America. The staff at The Hotel Bonadies could not have done more for us. They just wanted us to be very happy at each meal. I loved the fresh pasta's the great soups.
I would go back and stay for a month if I could! FANTASTICO!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

After long days of touring the spectacular Amalfi Coast and beyond, it was always a delight to return to this beautiful dining room. The view was absolutely mesmerizing, the service was always warm and attentive and was exactly what you would expect of a fine, family-owned establishment. The selection of dishes was wonderful and also satisfied the vegetarians among us. I loved the delicious pasta dishes and the full-bodied house wine. I have not been able to replicate those delicious pasta sauces in my own kitchen here at home, so that is an excellent excuse to return soon! The seafood dishes were just divine and were served in a way that made everyone feel like special guests in a luxurious Mediterranean villa. The prices seemed very moderate, especially when the overall quality of the food and the establishment were considered. I should also note that we often arrived in the dining room when it was quite late (especially after our adventure to Capri), but we were always graciously accommodated. I know that we will return here again and again.

1  Thank lidoANDwinkie
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stopped here for lunch as part of an organised trip. The restaurant looked nice with great views. My wife had some dietary restrictions which we checked with the head waiter were okay before booking the meal. I asked in English and then again in Italian (I speak Itaian). He assured me everything was ok and we had nothing to worry about. So we ordered the head waiter- recommended vegetarian food. We had to wait ages for the starter which was a small plate of salad. Or rather, salad with insects - it hadn't been washed properly. The staff shrugged their shoulders when we showed them. The main course contained stuff which my wife couldnt eat despite the assurances of the head waiter. In fact, it was only after she had eaten some she realised they'd hidden some stuff in it. It was soon followed by a bout of vomitting. The waiter blamed the chef and shrugged his shoulders again. No responsibility from anyone.

The attitude of the staff was so complacent, half-hearted, everything was too much trouble and one wonders what the rest of the hotel is like if our experience of a 1 hour lunch is anything to go by,

We wouldn't go near the place ever again.

I agree with some of the other reviews of Ravello. Beautiful scenery but the cafes and bars looked pretty grotty. Strikes me as a place that is so complacent because the tour companies ship so many people in but they need to take stock and realise what customer service is.

2  Thank Davide A