“Honest to goodness proper Italian food”
Review of La Vecchia Cantina

La Vecchia Cantina
Ranked #24 of 42 Restaurants in Ravello
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Private parking,open all day long:from 12am to 23pm
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I like this place, I like it a lot. When I sit in one of the many humdrum pizzerias on Britain's streets I wish I was sitting in a place like this. Situated on the inland side of the town with views of the majestic valley and none of the sea they produce proper Italian pizzas as they're supposed to be made. That slightly biscuity smell with bubbles of burnt crust and then great combinations of toppings on top of tomato and mozzarella. They're served by men who look like they also have proper jobs but care about the food they're serving. The other Italian courses looked hearty and flavoursome. We ate there on our final night. We like the final meal of our holiday to be special.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Situated on a corner just outside the town-a friendly and welcoming place.Good rustic no nonsense menu at a reasonable price.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

First of all want to say that the staff is very very friendly! I have ordered pizza calzone napolitan, as far as i remember, that pizza was the nicest one that i have ever eaten in my entire life, although i have tried many kinds of pizza in Napoli. And it also was huge))) The atmosphere was friendly) So, i advice this place.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great view, service, food, and reasonably priced. Close to the square, and frequented by locals - always a good sign!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

The best pasta meal ever! While touring Positano, Amalfi, and Ravello, our tour guide took us to La Vecchia for lunch. We were warmly greated and offered a special: linguine with lobster. Wow! The best of two worlds. Absolutely delicious! My friend and I split the lobster and my husband had the turbo pizza which he claims was the best pizza in Italy. The lobster AND linguine were perfectly cooked and seasoned. With a lovely bottle of white wine: perfecto!