“Great Place to stay”
Review of B & B I Limoni

B & B I Limoni
Ranked #28 of 32 Ravello B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We loved staying here. It was difficult to find , but we stopped and asked locals who pointed us in direction of top of stairs. Despite the long stairs( 272) by my count ! ,rooms were nice. Views plus the various church bells and atmosphere were fantastic. Luigi and Rosealba were gracious hosts.
Bottom line, I would go back in an instant.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stuweid

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed here with my wife for 4 nights on a holiday on the Amalfi coast. Our hosts could not have been more friendly or welcoming which helped to diffuse my temper after the decent of 255 uneven stone steps in the mid-day heat with a 20kg suitcase.The total decent from Ravello is actually 527 steps, but the first 272 are a breeze, relatively speaking! The views over the Gulf of Salerno towards Maiori and Minori are stunning and the grassy terrace is a splendid place to while away an afternoon.While I would heartily recommend this place to anyone, the access issue is not to be underestimated.Avoid suitcases and opt for rucksacks if possible.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank baileywick35
Reviewed June 26, 2012

...don't be fooled, access to I limoni is not for the fainthearted: 250 uneven steps up (or preferably down) a precipitous Amalfitan hillside from whichever direction you approach. However you'll soon find that every step is worth it: amazing vistas down over Maiori, from a patio platform perched right in the middle of a huge lemon grove. In addition to the lofty picturesque experience for which Ravello is famed, we found the sense of tranquillity and privacy here surprising and invaluable, following the bustle of much of the rest of the riviera. Wonderful warmth from i padroni, helpful orientation and considerable patience for our odd late night and colazione laid for subsequent even later mornings. We plan to return: so don't tell everyone, and try not to arrive, like we did, in the middle of the night. Those steps need light first time around!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank C234456
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Went there with my girlfriend and we lost ourselves in this beautiful spot in the midth of a lemon garden with a 360 view on the tourquoise sea. Rooms are very neat, sweet and individually decorated; breakfast is served by a very warm and heartful italian couple which gave the very special family touch to our visit here. We'll definetely come back!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Onur1978
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I stayed at B & B I Limoni with my wife and two friends. We had an even better time than we were hoping for. The B & B was clean, comfortable, and recently updated. The owners and their family were extraordinarily nice and went out of their way to make sure we had a great stay. They even invited us to their private lunch and made sure we had more delicious food to eat than we could handle. Breakfasts were also yummy and plentiful. My only complaint the entire time was not having as much hot water in the shower as I am used to, but this possibly could have been due to my not knowing how to correctly operate Italian showers.

What people say about the stairs is correct - you better be ready to go up and down a lot of stairs. But that is not just for the B & B. It is true for most of Ravello and other towns around the area. But for those who, like me, don't mind walking stairs, you'll find it extremely charming.

We met other people staying at the B & B who now make regular trips in order to stay at this location. Ever since returning to the US I have been recommending this B & B to all of my friends who are considering travelling to the Amalfi Coast.

-Matt

Room Tip: We stayed in the newly created rooms at the bottom of the property and loved them.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Matt M
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Beautiful views and rooms. But difficult to find. We got lost (as others have done). Their website map shows them on the wrong road. When we finally found them we were told that their website is wrong, google maps is right (unhelpful for us - can't they update their website?). We only had hand luggage so didn't have to heft cases up and down the stairs.
In comparison with other, less fabulous locations, breakfast was surprisingly poor. It would have be nice to have fresher pastries, and plates, and for the owner to have checked whether we had coffee. I think the owner was distracted by other guests when we were there. So, overall, a beautiful place but we didn't feel looked after.
Don't dress up to go to Ravello because there are a lot of sweaty stairs! (we're fit but you still get hot).
Good location for a swim in Minori (45 mins down).

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank M1keyT
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We stayed in July 2010. We rented the suite for three nights. Everything eveyone else says is true. If Carlsberg made balconies, this is where it would be, probably.
And yes it is hard to find, our Tom Tom took us to the top of the steps, but it still took me another 20 minutes to convince my wife it would be down them, (There is a small ceramic tile indicator). It's true you need to be fit to get up and down to town every night, but we are in our mid 50's and it is well worth the effort. As a change there is a fantastic walk into Amalfi town you can do by going down from the B&B. Oh, and I think Rosalba is French.
All in all last year was brilliant, so good, we go back in the first week of September this year, for a full 7 nights.

Room Tip: Rent the suite.
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple