“One of the best Italian resturants we have ever been to.......”

Trattoria Da Cumpa' Cosimo
Ranked #23 of 42 Restaurants in Ravello
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We have been back to Ravello on 4 different occasions, and it's by far the best Italian resturant that my wife and I have ever been .... And we traveled all over Italy .... But we always go back to Cumpa' Cosimo !!!!
Every dish that comes to the table is better than the last ... We recommend this warm loving place to every one that travels to Ravello .

Larry Ameen
Santa Barbara, Calif.

2  Thank Larry A
Write a ReviewReviews (1,914)

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The most authentic restaurant anywhere. Small, very inviting - burning fireplace was very charming. It was as if your long lost Italian grandmother invited you over. She spoiled us with delicious soup, crusty bread and brought my daughter hand-cut "french fries" seasoned to perfection while she waited for her canneloni. The house white wine went perfectly with my linguine with mushrooms. There are not enough good adjectives to describe the personality, quality and value of this restaurant.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Wow what a find in cool February 2013 or any day of the year. Small, fine atmosphere ( Burning fireplace in February) personable attentive top quality family owned restaurant that would get Michellin stars from me. The home made pasta is unlike any you have ever had anywhere in Italy. The sauces are fresh homemade. Don't just eat Pasta!, for a special treat for you sausage loving travelers try their grilled homemade sausage covered with smoked water buffalo mozzarella cheese. What a treat that was. House wines are excellent, and all this is at reasonable prices. I wish I could return here with my wife on every special occasion. Tip: In February the Amalfi Coast has very few tourist with the same great views.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We escaped from rain in this Feb. (2013) - it was the first door we could open on a cold rainy day on which most the town was closes.
we have chosen to see Amalfi & Ravello in winter & did not open our guide pages we have (to keep them dry ...)
An elder lady welcomed us warmly, and we were the 3rd pair in the restaurant for lunch.
We took a table close to the fireplace, and it looked & smelled as a traditional place.
It was our 2nd. day in Italy and we got passion to taste all Italian kitchen specialty's a.s.a.p.....
my wife headed first to an Italian Bean Soup
and I asked for a starter to have 4 kinds of pasta - Spaghetti, Fettuccine, Penne, & Cannelloni
the lady looks deep in her 60's took us seriousness and went in to prepare all by herself with no other assistance
her brother was helping in drinks but she was head waiter and chef
pasta & soup (Zup'e) were perfect ! no preservation material – even tomato sauce was fresh made
then I took an T-bone steak for main course and my wife asked for a fresh fried sea fish with olive oil and garlic
the lady told us that this place was eat. By her Grandfather 85 years back and they own the butchery as well – so good supply for meat
in summer time this rest. Employ 13 local workers !! but winter time she runs all alone !
all was amazing fresh and lovely tasty food of all we had and we will keep the address for next visit of any of our family and friends
price was fair as well

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was by the far the best food of our trip. We ate there 3 of the 5 nights we were in Ravello. Momma Netta came out each night to great us and take our order. She even made food not on the menu.

Some of the food was too salty for a couple at the table, but I personally loved it. We will be going back and recommending this to anyone who will listen.

Hint: Ask for her recommendation. She will tell you exactly what is freshest. Absolutely amazing.