This was my first long holiday in a couple of years. We went as a group of 34 ranging from adults to kids to adolescents. Only my wife and myself were not accompanied. That notwithstanding the week in Kamarina was an excellent way to unwind and de-stress.
Over the week the younger set kept themselves well occupied with all kinds of activities so the adults had all the peace they would wish for.
The accommodation was basic but clean, ac functioned well and service was excellent. Mobile phone reception was problematic and wi-fi access limited to the area around the central plaza - The Agora. I guess being on holiday one does not need constant access.
Facilities in the resort are excellent although some need up grading. The food served - breakfast, lunch and dinner - was always of an excellent quality especially the food in the Vulcano' restaurant.
One serious complaint from all in our group was the wine offered. We simply cannot understand how in a Sicilian resort the wine offered during meals was very much sub-standard and this as opposed to the soft drinks (Coca Cola products free flowing) and Illy Coffee from the Agora Bar. Another minor minus was the spirits served and used in the AGora bar. These were obviously non-branded ( apart from the Martini) but surely the management can source quality non -branded spirits without pinching their bottom line.
All in all a great holiday well worth the expense.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the land of Etna, where steep alleyways and flower-filled squares look out over the Mediterranean! Kamarina is where you can appreciate Sicily from beneath the shade of its olive trees. You can inhale the scent of the bougainvilleas as you stroll the paved walkways of the Resort, or freshen up in Club Med's largest swimming pool. In this vast 96-hectare Resort, which offers the pleasures of roller blading, tennis or sailing, children and adults alike can discover a 100% family holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Kamarina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Kamarina Hotel Ragusa
- Kamarina Club Med
- Club Med Ragusa
- Ragusa Club Med
- Club Med Kamarina Ragusa, Sicily, Italy