“wonderful restaurant - from the food to the cat decor!”
Review of Quattro Gatti

Quattro Gatti
Ranked #27 of 367 Restaurants in Ragusa
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We only had one night in Ragusa to enjoy the Italian cuisine and we couldn't be happier that our B&B recommended Quattro Gatti for dinner. As cat lovers, we loved the restaurant before we even had to take a bite of our food! We went on a busy Saturday night and while we didn't have a reservation the owner was able to fit us in with only a 20 minute wait - while we were starving at the time we are now so happy that we waited it out and didn't settle for anything less! The restaurant is very charming - we were served delicious, AFFORDABLE Italian food (believe me my brother in law would not have it any other way). From the Donkey Pasta to the Gnocchi, we ate it all! While we were tourists on vacation we were pleasantly surprised to find ourselves surrounded by so many locals and served by the owners themselves! It was easy to see that it was not your normal "tourist trap". The owners even spent time to talk to us despite being so busy - from recommending dishes to explaining why a restaurant would have a cat theme (even right down to the cat put coat hooks on the wall!) It's a lovely restaurant and appropriate for anyone and everyone! We highly recommend it and hope to one day go back to see our very own cat (Macey!) up on the wall of fame :)

There are newer reviews for Quattro Gatti

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Lovely people, small restaurant with great atmosphere and good food. What more could we want? My only downside which is why I don't give 5 stars is that it was more salty than I like. Maybe that reflects my english palette versus Sicillian. Very popular. Superb Cannoli!!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

A nice restaurant, run in a very friendly way by the owners. And interesting food too - the donkey pasta was a first, and tasty. Food is very good but can be over-salted at times (and I like well-seasoned food). Despite this, we went twice during a 4-night stay, as the upsides are worth it. And don't miss their Cannoli! For me, the best cannoli I ate during our stay, and worth the visit for that alone.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We reserved a table here for Friday night and were glad we had otherwise we would not have got in. It is fairly hard to find, you basically go into Via Valverde then Via Valverde continues down a gap between 2 houses (20 and 27 I think), where the path splits into a left hand path and a right hand path, take the path on the left and at the bottom on the right is the restaurant. The female owner is lovely and speaks English. We chose the tasting menu which at 18 euros each for 4 courses and a carafe of wine is fantastic value. It's really nice too because after the first course which is an assortment of antipasti you get to choose all your other dishes off the main menu. I had an artichoke dish done in cheesy breadcrumbs, followed by pasta with capers, cheese and olives in a tomato sauce, my decriptions don't do the dishes justice I'm afraid, they were both delicious. My partner being the more adventurous type had a donkey chop, yes you did read that right. He said it was a cross between lamb and beef, with a slightly sweet flavour like lamb has, but meatier like beef and really tender. This restaurant is definitely worth the effort to find. In a town full of Mitchellin starred restaurants, this restaurant with it's more rustic style of cooking and big gutsy flavours is a welcome relief, plus I loved all the cute cat pictures adorning the walls.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This was a great meal served by really lovely people. The starters were huge and delicious as were the mains. The food is very clearly prepared by locals. The pasta was to die for and the antipasti were absolutely delicious. The mains were cooked to perfect and the contorni extremely delicious.

The owners were proud of their food and were clearly happy to be serving their very happy customers.

This is a restaurant which deserves a first - and subsequent - visit.