All reviews street parking the breakfast area old town within walking distance shower spa desk bedroom
Selected filters
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in an old palace. The rooms are quite nicely decorated. Finding your room can be tricky, as there are many levels and stairways to traverse. The breakfast is very nice, but the air conditioning is ineffectual and the wifi irregular.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SimonaL1568, Resident Manager at De Stefano Palace Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Dear Guest,

Our customer's comments are very important, that will help us to continuously improve the level of service

Hoping to have you again as our guest, I give you my best regards

Reviewed September 10, 2018

The Destefano palace is not a luxury hotel. It is in an old villa and as such could not be changed. The rooms are small, the bathroom is tiny with a shower that is really tiny. Air conditioning is poor, we had to get a fan because the temperature of our bedroom never went below 80 degrees. Very little service. Our room was not even made up one day. On the plus side, the breakfast was good. We would not stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
SimonaL1568, Resident Manager at De Stefano Palace Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Dear CoachLo,

All your suggestions are more than appreciated: our customer's comments are very important, that will help us to continuously improve the level of service.

Hoping to have you again as our guest, I give you my best regards

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

I have some rather mixed feelings about this hotel. I would call it a boutique hotel but certainly not a luxury one for a number of reasons.

Firstly, honesty at this hotel is quite questionable. We booked our stay with access to the spa included. The day before our arrival we received an email saying that due to some recent issues with high chlorine levels, the spa is currently closed. During check in, the receptionist told us that the spa actually had to be closed on the day of our arrival, and on the other hand, from other reviews on other websites it is clear that the spa has been closed either for a number of months, or on several occasions in the past months. I find it very unfair that they try to attract bookings by offering free access to the spa (I understand it can normally be used at a cost), when clearly they have an issue. On a positive note, they did offer the possibility to make use of the spa in one of their partner hotels, however I did not find this very convenient.

Secondly, a 1.5m x 1.0m bathroom for the standard doubleroom is not quite luxurious. The shower itself is incredibly tiny and there is barely any space to move your arms while showering.

During our stay, I have asked for an iron. In the morning I was told that it was unavailable. In the evening I was told the same, but I insisted on having one delivered to the room. An iron was delivered after a few minutes, but an ironing board not. I was asked to use the available desk instead!

Having said that, the entrance and reception area are very nicely designed, and the decor in the rooms is also pleasant. Also, breakfast was good and the guy taking care of the breakfast area was very nice and helpful. I also appreciated the fact that on the day of departure, we had to leave earlier than the opening times for breakfast, and the receptionist still opened the area for us to have some food.

Dear Mr Bugvio,

thank you for taking your precious time to communicate your experience after your stay at Destefano Palace Hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience of the spa: we would like to specify that we do not attract our guest using lie. The respect for our Customers is an indisputable aspect of our work.

We take note of your opinion to improve the services offered.

Kind regards.

Reviewed July 22, 2018

Absolutely loved this hotel. The office staff member that greeted us could not have been more wonderful. The hotel was beautiful and I cannot wait to return. It was in a great location. I just wished that I could have stayed longer.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Simona L, Responsabile reception at De Stefano Palace Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Dear Guest CarolineD14,

I would like to thank you to have dedicated your time in reviewing our property and services after your stay.
We are proud in reading that your overall experience was to your full satisfaction, moreover I'm very happy especially because you have appreciated the friendliness and professionalism of our team, our real strength. Our customer's comments are a very important input, and this form in the percentage has something to better, helping us, continously to improve the level of services we always strive for.

Looking forward to welcoming you again at De Stefano Palace, I remain with.
Best regards.
Tiziana Gulino

Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

This is a property designed for Lilliputians where design triumphs over function. Tiny rooms with narrow closets and no drawers. Tiny bathrooms with minimal shelf space and phone booth shower stalls. MIA so-called central a/c. Tiny breakfast room. All nicely done in modern Italian style but lacking practicality. Nice staff though. But as a hotel certainly not deserving four stars, if such stars are meant to conform to the generally accepted standards of comfort.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Ivano T, Direttore at De Stefano Palace Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2018

Dear Kaibab1,
I'm very sorry to read your comment. I do not know what kind of hotel rooms you're used to, but our smallest room is more than 20 square meters in size. As for the bathrooms, actually some are small in size compared to the large size of the room as well as the showers.
The breakfast room is not huge but enough large to accommodate 40 people reminding you that our hotel has only 27 rooms in total.
I thank you for appreciating the Italian style of the hotel and the kindness of our staff.
All your suggestions to be able to deserve the 4 stars are more than appreciated and welcome and we hope to have you again as our Guest.
Anyhow, I thank you for your comment.
Best Regards