Hotel Del Golfo
$296
$276
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $365/night.

$138
Hotel Brigantino(Procchio)(Great Value!)
Hotel Delfino(Procchio)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Edera(Procchio)
No availability for your dates from these sites
All reviewshalf boardbeautiful islandsea viewthree nightsmeal plandinnerbeachelbasunbeds
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel was recommended by family members having been there several times. Easy to access from Portoferraio, we stayed there for more than a week. Private beach, nice private pool, private roofed parking, tennis courts, diving center close by, nice rooms (at least the ones we had in the vilas in front of the beach and the pool), all the comfort you could hope for from this kind of hotel, but well you know why know you pay such a price. Nice breakfast buffet, friendly staff (speaking Italian always help, but they have quite a good knowledge of English).
A few very minor points though :
- my wife got served a glass of red wine from a bottle which had been opened for far too long (not really the kind of thing you would expect in a 4 star hotel).
- we had to ask several time for replishement of bath gel and shampoo
- while we have no comment on the cleanliness itself, the dayly cleaning of the room seemed to obey a rather strange logic (never seemed to happen when we were mostly out of the room in the morning but at noon between 12.30 and 13.30).
The hotel is rather always full so make sure you reserve at least 6-7 months in advance.

Room Tip: rooms in the villas are fine and have decent room (usually with their own terasse for the ones looking at the sea), maybe not the ones on the ground floor of the villa left to the swimming pool (when facing the see). Rooms on the back of the villas facing the sea are actually to the South, so they might be a little hot in the summer unless you have some blinds to protect you (the air conditionning system in the rooms is however quite efficient). I'm not sure I would recommend rooms overlooking the sea in the main building as the hotel organise some (good quality) music events on the main terrasse sometimes till 10.30 PM.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank chrissassen
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We were two females (friends) and one 11-year-old child (mine). We stayed in room #121, which is on the second level and has a large, pretty balcony overlooking the beach.

My friend had lived in Italy and knew of Elba, so when our accomodations in Lucca didn't work out, we went to plan B and decided to come to a cooler spot (it had been hot,hot,hot in Venice, Rome and our one day in Lucca).

We choose this hotel after consulting a Lucca travel agent. We booked a basic room on the seaside. When we arrived (by taxi), we asked to see the room first. It was in an annex area on the bottom level. It faced the sea, but had no view of it due to it being too low on the ground. The room itself looked nice enough though.

We asked about other rooms, and ended up with 121, which I believe is a suite. We paid 225 Euros each for half-board (wonderful breakfasts and dinners!), so the stay ended up costing us about 700 euros per day (including taxes) , which seemed expensive, but in retrospect, seems okay because of the meals, the nice room with balcony and the nice beach and great pool.

The front desk staff were nice, more cool and professional than warm and fuzzy, but we felt welcome and respected. They went out of their way to help me package some books I had purchased in Rome and wanted to mail home. The local post office was out of all mailing boxes and I didn't want to haul these books on to our next destination (they were heavy), which was Florence. So, thanks to the kindness of the front desk staff, I was able to ship three packages at the local post office ( a five minute walk from the hotel).

Back to the room...It was large and had a sitting room with a pull out sofa. My friend (another adult female) slept here. The linens were very good ones and she claims sleeping here was very comfortable. My son and I slept on the big bed in the bedroom and we slept very, very well. The air-conditioning works well and is quiet. Nights were quiet with the balcony doors closed, but we could still hear the waves, nice! Actually, though, on our first night, I did hear a baby just screaming for several hours. The parents didn't seem to do much to calm this baby. I tried to ignore it and my son slept right through it, but I was glad it wasn't repeated the following three nights. Though the room is quiet to the outside noises, the walls are not so thick that you can't hear a baby cry (or coo, as I heard on other mornings :)

What I loved about the room was the beautiful, painted floor tiles. It made the rooms pretty and special. The other thing that stands out for me is the great balcony. We had room service coffee out there early in the morning, then we went to the breakfast room and had our usual.

The bathroom was large, perfectly clean and had everything one would need.

The breakfast was buffet style, with a really, really nice assortment of food. Lots of fresh fruit, breads, cheeses, meats- just everything. Coffee was good too and that's important to me!

Dinner was great every night. The waiters worked as a team and were very professional and helpful. I had a Cosmopolitan each night and even it was well-made, not always the case in Europe. We had the same table each night. I'm not sure if they saved it for us, or if we just happened to get it since we tended to eat at the same time? It was a good table with a good view of the outside and the sea. Food was always good and the service, great.

The hotel has chairs with umbrellas out on the beach and we used those. Beach towels are provided near the pool. The chairs/umbrellas/beach towels were all really good quality. We spent time relaxing and swimming. The sand here is good, but not powdery. It's comfortable for walking barefoot. The water is very clear and a pretty blue, though not Caribbean aqua! Most importantly, the beach and water seem very safe. Water was calm when we were here and I didn't worry about my kid in the water (well, not much :)

We used the pool every day too. It's large, not overcrowed, even in July, when we were there. Pool staff are nice. There's a pool bar, though we didn't use that. Water in the pool is salt-water. Very pretty pool and pool area.

There's an outside restaurant just off the beach and near the pool. We did go there for snacks or lunch. We were able to sign for everything and staff were very nice.

My son had a massage at the spa and I got my legs waxed. A very professional young woman did it. She didn't speak English well, but that wasn't a problem. We enjoyed the spa and the prices were low, considering other hotel spas (massage was 50 euros and it was 200 at our hotel in Cap d'Antibes). 30 euros for a leg wax, fyi.

We walked to town each day for something or other. My friend bought a bag, we all bought some espadrilles, we had gelato, I mailed my boxes of books, etc. I went to the local hair salon and it was great! It's all so close to the hotel. There are several places to eat there in town too, but since we had the meal plan, we didn't try them.

All in all, we really enjoyed Hotel del Golfo in Procchio. I'm not sure we'll return (I have Capri in mind for the next island place in Italy!), but if we do, we would stay here again, but only in the same or similar room.

Room Tip: Room 121 or similar. Sea view, big balcony, beautiful floor tiles.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank traveliseducational
Reviewed July 6, 2012

It's just 5 minutes drive from the local airport. We would definitely recommend to go for halfboard as the dinner there is a perfect culinar adventure. The beac is very good and the distance between the beds is quite enough.

The main disadvantage we could think of is the breakfast. The choice is somewhat pore, though it was served at the nice sea-overlooking terrace.

We were havin a baby with us, so had 60% of the guests.

Overall very good place. We will show up there once more no doubt.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed September 20, 2011

we booked this hotel as the relaxing part of our honeymoon. Unfortunately we could only get a "standard" room as the hotel was full, but from the website and price we were expecting a chic resort on the Island of Elba. when we got to the hotel we were told nothing about what was in the area, what the situation was with sunloungers. we walked to our room, which was in a block away from the far end of the hotel. the room itself was average - not quite the chic 4 star we were expecting. the room also backed onto the carpark and main room and was interconnecting but seperated from another room by a locked door. we could hear everything from toilets flushing to babies crying. After going to the beach in the morning and trying to understand why every sunlounger had reserved signs on- we were allocated 2 loungers 4th row, 5th from the right!!The restaurant on the beach is not even open in the evenin g. by the second night we had enough and went to the reception to explain why we were not happy and that we wanted to leave. they informed us half heartedly that we might be able to get a sea view room once the conference was over in a week! but a week at 180 euros a night bed and breakfast in a sub standard room overlooking a car park was not the honeymoon we expected. We half expected someone from the hotel to come and see us and see if there was anything they could do to make our stay better- but instead when we checked out the receptionist barely spoke to us and ignored my husband for 5 minutes whilst they chatted when he wanted to ask a question. We are not hard to please but were surprised by the lack of hospitality, quality and that the staff did not even care that we were not happy.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
13  Thank saskia h
Reviewed August 18, 2011

The hotel is in a quiet village on Elba. The hotel is perfect - right on a beautiful sandy beach. The food is excellent!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family