Datini Hotel
$84
$75
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Arrived for a conference and found the hotel well out of town. The reception was very good and we were made to feel welcome.

The restaurant is not open on weekends and when it is open the food is a choice of 2 pastas and 2 mains. Give this a miss. Breakfast was stale pastries, cheese, cakes, fruit and cereal and very average at best.

It is a 50 minute walk to the centre of town or up to €15 each way, so that adds to the cost of staying here. If you had a car it would suit better.

The rooms are dated and hard to cool, although not overly noisy. Bed hard and not comfortable, in fact the rooms just need an overhaul.

Overall I would not recommend this hotel due to it location and cost.

Room Tip: High facing away from main road to have a quiet night.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Filippo T, Direttore vendite at Datini Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Mr. McKie,

first of all I would like to thank you for your review.

Then I need to advise you that on our website is well described where our Hotel is, 3 km far from city center.

Our Restaurant, as you've been advised about, is normally closed on weekends, but we anyway provided you typical fresh tuscan food.

As we offer everyday in our well reviewed breakfast buffet.

Please note that you reserved a standard room, but you could with a little supplement reserve our freshly renewed superior double rooms.

I hope that you will give us the chance to welcome you again in the future, maybe in a superior room.

Best Regards

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful, rooms are good but in need of an update (which staff says is coming in 2013), breakfast was good, location was perfect if you have a car and are exploring
area west and north of Florence.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JoeCool18
datini, Direttore vendite at Datini Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Sir,

it was a real pleasure to welcome you at Datini.

Hope we can see you again soon in Prato, so you could try our new "Atmosfera" rooms

Reviewed April 12, 2012

stayed for 1 nite and share the bed with my 14 months, the bed is amazingly huge, the room is spacious, clean and modern. People are friendly and welcoming.
it is far from the the town centre but with car its not a problem.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank IO_OI
datini, Direttore vendite at Datini Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your review.
I hope to welcome you again at Datini in Prato.

Best regards

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Service good, decor rather worn in rooms, and if your room is in front of hotel, you'll hear road noise all night. Rooms too warm and staff could not regulate, so had to leave window open a crack to move air... More road noise and cigarette smoke rising from below...

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I have been staying here for four nights.
The rooms are big and clean.
The staff is friendly and helpful.
I booked a double room but eventually I needed it as a double room used as a single room (and the fare is lower) and they did not charged me according to my booking but according to the use I had of the room.
It is very close to the highway and 5 minute ride from the Prato city center.
The breakfast is very good (quantity and quality).
The only two problems: the rooms have thin walls (so you hear very well the other guests and they might wake you up in the morning) and the hotel surroundings are quite ugly. Furthermore you definitely need a car to get to the hotel. Getting there by public transport could be difficult.
The staff can speak fluently Japanese.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank LukeGenoa_Italy
datini, Direttore vendite at Datini Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2011

Dear Sir,

first of all I would like to thank you for your review. It's very important for us to know our clients' opinions.
I would like to let you also know that behind our Hotel there's a bus stop that easily connects Prato Central Station with Firenze Central Station (Santa Maria Novella).
Furthermore our rooms are totally sound proofed and we never had a complaint for this before.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again at Datini Hotel, and thank you again very much.