All reviews murano glass water menu white decor canopy room our honeymoon free shuttle to positano modern hotel beach club almond milk romantic room amalfi coast rose petals complimentary champagne the main hotel san pietro hotel shuttle outdoor pool
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

No better place on earth than here! It is utter perfection! It is on the expensive side but the service you receive is second to none! There is nothing that they won’t do! From arriving and greeting you with umbrellas as it was raining to having a complete ice pack on hand at a moments notice as my husbands knee had swollen! Anything you need is there in minutes! Free shuttle to town us provided also. The view is breathtaking! Hotel is spotless clean, the maids are delightful and through! If I had to criticise, there are approx 300 steps to the beach which is extremely hard work but once there is amazing! Not suitable for people with mobility issues that is for sure.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Casa Angelina punches far above its weight-class. It is a hotel anyone staying in the region should consider, as long as you are fairly mobile and not bothered by modern design.

We found the hotel's design to be refreshing compared to other amalfi hotels: it's modern, brand new and just feels extremely clean. We liked that. But if you only like old traditional stuff, you won't.

The food is exceptional. The chef was incredibly accommodating of allergies. It was safest I've felt traveling internationally with a severe food allergy. Our favorite meal in amalfi was at this hotel. Candidly, we were a little surprised at how good it was since there are so many storied places to eat. But the food is that good.

We viewed the location--outside of positano--as a major plus, not a drawback. It's much quieter than staying in positano and more relaxing. And because of the location, you end up with better, sweeping views of the entire amalfi coast. Seriously, it's jaw-dropping. In our opinion, the view from Angelina was better than from San Pietro (which is also lovely). Getting to Positano was never an issue. It's easily accessible by water taxi (a 10-minute, beautiful ride).

Only two caveats (not criticisms) that travelers should be aware of. First, getting down to (and up from) the water taxi requires walking down a bunch of steps, as the elevator doesn't go all the way down to the beach area. We didn't care (and it was fine for my wife, who is six months pregnant) but it might be a issue for less mobile travelers. Second, the entry-level rooms are pretty small, so we stayed in a suite and were very happy. My sense is that most of the entry-level rooms in amalfi hotels are small and I don't think the rooms at Angelina are any smaller than others. So not a reason to stay elsewhere, but if you can it's worth upgrading to a suite with a big balcony. The view from our room is below. Enjoy!

1  Thank Msrudnick
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

Firstly let me start by saying that when you are paying €1k/night for a room at a 5* property you expect the experience to be seamless.

When you arrive at Casa Angelina, the property is stunning. It’s on the cliff side overlooking the Amalfi Coast. When you’re driving down the narrow zig zag road to get to the hotel, you’re not sure if you’re going down the right road and then the property suddenly appears in front of you at the bottom. The front entrance is a picture of zen and tranquility and feels like a special place.

The whole property is beautiful, it’s modern, minimalist with gorgeous murano glass art everywhere.

We had booked an eaudesea suite. What you don’t realize is that the suite is a considerable climb down from the main building (200 steps) and sits above the beach club. It’s not suitable for people who have difficulty with movement or those who don’t fancy a big stair climb every time they need to go to the main hotel.

The suite itself is gorgeous, it’s cut into a cliff and the natural rock is exposed, there is a large round tub in the room and a nice separate living area. There is also a butler to serve the room and kitchen/pantry by the suite that you can eat breakfast at or have drinks and snacks in.

What they don’t tell you is that the beach club has a ‘Watermelon Party’ every day from 4pm to 8pm. The music is absolutely thumping and vibrates loudly through the suite. This is not ideal if you have come away to get peace and quiet. When I asked to be moved rooms, the front desk were very difficult about it and offered to speak to the club to turn down the music, I kept insisting they were missing the point that I had come here to get away and relax and wanted no music at all. I finally had to get angry before they said they would look into what they could do.

The moved us into a room in the main hotel which they said was an upgrade and normally costs €250/night more. The room was tiny, it was less than half the size of the suite we were in previously and it was hard to believe this was an upgrade or worth €1250/night. This was nyc hotel room small. The room was all white, only contained a bed and a little disk in a nook in the wall. Nice but simple with a beautiful view.

The issue with this room is that the bathtub wouldn’t drain properly so the water gathered above your ankles even if you pulled the stopper out altogether. I asked them to fix it whilst we were at dinner but the next morning once again we had the same issue. When I called front desk, the woman argued with me that they had checked it, it was working fine and I simply did not know how to use the shower properly. I have taken enough showers in hotels around the world to know that when I take the stopper out of the bathtub and the water is not draining properly that it probably has some sort of clog.......nobody wants to shower with water above their ankles wading in your soap, dirt, shampoo,etc.

The food in the fine dining restaurant is excellent. The breakfast buffet in the morning is one of the best breakfast buffets I have encountered anywhere in the world. You can sit outside for breakfast and enjoy the spectacular view of the Amalfi Coast. Dinner is excellent but be prepared to accept that dinner will cost a small fortune. My one annoyance with dinner was you got the feeling that they were always trying to upsell you something whether it was on the wine you were choosing, the meal you wanted to have, champagne at the start, an extra glass of a special wine at the end, etc. It happened enough times that it wasn’t subtle.

The last thing I want to mention is the gym. It’s beautiful and it has everything you need but the indoor swimming pool is in it as well right next to all the equipment. The gym is not properly air conditioned so when you are running on the treadmill you are running in solid heat and humidity.

This a beautiful property to experience but each of the service issues added up prevent it from being a place I would want to go to over and over again.

Reviewed August 29, 2018

We have just spent 5 nights here and we stayed 2 years ago and everything is still very good and just how we remembered. We travel a lot to 5 star hotels but the breakfast at Casa Angelina is the best we ever had! Definitely try the pancakes at breakfast! Dinner is amazing and we spent 3 out of our 5 nights at the hotel restaurant, we tried La Sponda it was good and definitely an experience but the food is much better at Casa Angelina. The staff at the restaurant are super friendly but we did find most of the staff at the bar / pool not as engaged with the guests. We found it to be much more expensive this time 20 Euro for an aperol which is a lot especially when you can get a much better one steps from the hotel at Cafe Mirante for 9 euros and you must try this little bar one of our favourite bars in the world. We will definitely come back and hopefully by then they will have rolled out the Jo Malone toiletries to all room categories!

1  Thank fiona r
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

We love travelling and exploring new places. But there is one place we always return to - Casa Angelina. And again it exceeded our very high expectations. What can i say, the breathtaking views, the incredible breakfast, the lovely, efficient, gracious staff, the vibey beach, the rooms and the decor, the art, the fresh lemony smell. I love it all and
we will be back... again. Thank YOU