Stayed for 6 nights & had a generally excellent experience. Good staff attention to every detail, but over the top front desk staff standing to attention every time you enter or ask a question of them. Rooms are spacious, pristine in the hotels favored color of whiter than white and well appointed. However they could provide music and movie selections, I'm sure the B & O equipment could be set up to handle it!!
The main restaurant on the 4 floor provides one with an experience you will not forget in a while. The view is breathtaking and the service is completely over the top. After asking for still water we were presented with the "Water selection menu" a four page collection of the finest waters from every conceivable corner of the world. On opening the first description is a water described as the purest water some 1500 years in the making, yours for a cool €190 a bottle!!! The rest of the fussed over meal left us laughing at the experience and made up our minds not to partake again.
Breakfast is good with a large selection of fresh fruit cereals cheeses meats breads etc. A full and comprehensive breakfast.
The interior decoration must have been chosen by the representative of Murano glass company, it's everywhere. Some of the most hideous pieces on mass you will find in one place, anywhere in the world all sitting on top of credenzas with legs adorned with women's footwear, fish, snakes etc. These pieces have to be seen to be believed.
However the place is well run the service great, the pool although small is well placed to take in the view from it. The hotel has a great private beach club, down 278 steps, but it has a fantastic vibe with good music playing, sometimes a bit too loud, good food and drink and a manager who welcomes you with open arms and makes one feel really at home in his piece of paradise by the beautiful blue Mediterranean.
Although a little bizarre the hotel still has my vote as a top spot to stay if you want to visit Positano and want to avoid the tourist mecca of the town Centre then Casa Angelina in Praiano is the place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barefoot Luxury on Italy's Amalfi Coast ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, HotelsClick, Agoda, Jetsetter, Priceline, Hotel.de, HRS and Reservation Counter so you can book your Casa Angelina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Angelina Hotel Praiano
- Casa Angelina Praiano, Italy - Amalfi Coast
- Hotel Casa Angelina