“Tranquil hotel”
Review of Casa Angelina

Casa Angelina
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Praiano
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Quiet location, amazing views over looking Amalfi Coast and Capri. Modern decor, everything including the welcome drink is white apart from the glass art dotted around the hotel. Food is first class if you are able to book a table. Pool could be slightly bigger. Perfect for romance.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nastykat

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Casa Angelina has a very contemporary style, which - at first, was not what we were looking for in Italy. However, the level of service and professionalism shown by each and every member of the staff made for a wonderful stay for my wife and I on our honeymoon. The entire facility is very clean. There are constantly people working to upkeep the hotel grounds. It seems everyone there knew our names and our itinerary for the day. The room was made every time we left. In all, it is a beautiful hotel with beautiful views from just about every window, deck or door.

Some of the prices for food and drinks seemed a bit excessive. There was a 15 Euro fee just to deliver room service. Those things aside, we left the hotel feeling as though we had been treated as royalty and were happy we chose to stay there!

3  Thank Jaceofbass
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed three nights and were thoroughly spoilt. Had to move from first room as a bit noisy for my super sensitive ears! But absolutely no problem. Staff courteous and friendly. Very relaxing with fabulous views. Food very good with lovely menus. Breakfasted late and long. Such a treat. Short walk to charming village with a few bars and restaurants worth checking out. All in all excellent. Have to look hard to find fault. Even had a guy going round with paint pot touching up any scuffs. It is that immaculate! We used the bus to hop between towns which was cheap.And used cabs which are expensive. Take extra cash for taxis.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Casa Angelina in May, 2013 for four nights. If you look at the pictures of the hotel on the hotel website you will be blown away by how gorgeous the hotel and the views from the hotel are. I can say without exaggeration that the pictures on the hotel’s website, despite how amazing they are, do not do the hotel or the views justice. They are even better in person!

The hotel is beyond beautiful – modern, spotless, in an incredible location with mind blowing views. You won’t be disappointed by the hotel - it’s a work of art – or the location in Praiano – the scenery is so beautiful it’s totally surreal.

The icing on the cake for us at Casa Angelina was the staff. Not only were they exceedingly professional, courteous, and attentive, as one would expect from a hotel of this caliber, they were also very warm, kind, and friendly. They made us feel so welcome and gave the hotel a real cozy feel.

I don’t eat gluten. I told the wait staff this when I ordered my first meal. From that point forward, I didn’t need to tell them again. They automatically gave me gluten free bread, adjusted all of my orders to be gluten-free, and even prepared my meals separately to avoid cross contamination. They were more than happy to accommodate me and were honestly surprised when I thanked them. They said, “of course, it’s our job.”

Which brings me to the food. OMG. The chef is a genius. My mouth still waters thinking about the incredible meals we had. Gluten free or not, the meals were perfection. The breakfast spread is unreal. The lunches were delicious and the dinners were moan worthy delicious. We ate in the restaurant and also ordered room service. For room service, they bring you a beautiful table. Sitting in your room to eat is not a downgrade from the restaurant. It’s wonderful.

There are no coffee makers in the rooms (except for the suites). I love my espresso first thing in the morning, so I sent my husband to the restaurant to bring me back one. He came back with a server from the restaurant who carried two beautiful espressos back to the room for my husband, on a silver tray with adorable cupcakes. They insisted on carrying the coffee for my husband. The staff really takes care of you at Casa Angelina in the most thoughtful ways.

I really can’t say enough good things about this hotel. If you are looking for a five star boutique hotel on the Amalfi Coast, you can’t go wrong with Casa Angelina. It exceeded our expectations. Praiano is a one of the smaller towns on the Amalfi Coast, but my favourite. It's so quaint and so quiet. We loved Praiano.

If you have a VISA Infinite Avion card, book this hotel through VISA Benefits. You’ll get the best rate guaranteed, a free room upgrade if available, breakfast daily (which at Casa Angelina is worth 25 Euro a day per person) and a $25 food and beverage voucher.

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed for three nights for my 50th birthday celebration with my partner. Very romantic with fabulous views. Little treats every night left by the bedside table. Offered delicious sorbet round pool in little cups. Little biscuit with hot drinks and tasty snacks with drinks in bar. Chocolates out all day at bar too! Good location for visits to Amalfi, Ravello and Positano. Very attentive staff. Received fab upgrade after complaining about noisy room. We even had a Nespresso coffee machine in our room! Hotel decor a little clinical; all white, everywhere. Delicious dinner in restaurant but not cheap. Pretentious water menu presented, that's a first for me! All in all a nice few decadent days.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank LittleRis
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Where the beautiful views of the Tyrrhenian sea are silhouetted perfectly through every door and window.The calming serene white interiors of Casa Angelina only enhance to views of the sea beyond. Imagine laying in a restful bath (,after a day spent either swimming in the beautiful azure waters or roaming thru the nearby picturesque towns), with only a view of the sea. We can honestly say this is a wonderful experience. The hotel service was beyond great. The staff was very attentive and friendly . We really enjoyed the roof top restaurant,( Un Piano Nel Cielo), and went every morning. With its great cappuccino and a very fresh classic italian breakfast, it was a great way to start the day. Lunch was spent lazily by the pool. Dinner was spent at Un Piano where we sat outside with a lovely soft breeze under the stars with Capri and Sorrento peninsula as a backdrop!! We had some sensational fresh local fish perfectly prepared as well as their fab lamb with the almond crust not to mention the desserts or the impressive wine list!! We can't wait to return!!

Room Tip: The waterfront junior suites were worth every penny!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tlsmitty
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I'll cut to the chase - this is a knock-out hotel. The property is elegant, spacious and comforting - designed and executed by people who know precisely what they're doing. It brings with it touches of great ocean liners. The location is away from the heavily beaten tourist path of the Amalfi.

The staff are magnificent - hospitable, generous and caring. It's a hotel that mixes sleek efficiency with genuine hospitality. Leaving was very difficult...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Duncan M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Praiano
Hotel Margherita
2 mi away
Le Sirenuse Hotel
Le Sirenuse Hotel
#8 of 38 in Positano

Been to Casa Angelina? Share your experiences!