Hotel Margherita
Hotel Alfonso a Mare(Praiano)(Great Value!)
$134
  • Breakfast included
$296
$257
Official Site
$230
$217
Travelocity
Hotel Il Pino(Praiano)(Great Value!)
$156
$152
  • Restaurant
Hotel Locanda Costa Diva(Praiano)(Great Value!)
$141
$135
Orbitz.com
Hotel Pellegrino(Praiano)
1,606 results
All reviewsthe busamalfi coastrooftop restauranteggs to orderglass of proseccowonderful hotelsteep hillsea viewshuttle servicestar servicethree starlemon grovefree shuttlewelcome drinkamazing viewsthird floorlocal beach
FilterAll languages
995 - 1,000 of 1,606 reviews
Reviewed October 28, 2010

We loved staying here for three nights. From the moment we walked in, we felt welcome. We arrived mid afternoon and were immediately offered a refreshing drink. Our request for a late lunch was no problem, and soon we were enjoying a snack, while admiring the stunning view of the Amalfi Coast from the roof top terrace. Our room was tastefully decorated with a small balcony, and that same wonderful view! The roomy ensuite bathroom was well appointed. All sparkling clean. The owner, Suela, and her staff could not do enough for us – from driving us down town to working out timetables to visit local attractions.. i.e. we took the local orange bus (stop is right outside the hotel) to Positano, ferry to Amalfi, Hop-on Hop-off bus to Ravello, another bus back to Amalfi and bus home to Praiano. The whole day went without a hitch, thanks to Suela’s planning. After a busy day sightseeing we really enjoyed a swim in the lovely pool. Our car was parked in the private garage and made available whenever we wanted it. We dined in the hotel one night – excellent food, although the waiters are a little inexperienced. We thought the breakfast was OK, but could have been improved. Fresh fruit would have been nice rather than tinned, and the selection of cereal was fairly basic. Otherwise no complaints at all and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynne H
Reviewed October 28, 2010

The best memories about Italy I got thanks to this hotel. Great service, amazing food. Nature and weather - also great! I know weather is not done by hotel but they were so kind and nice all our vacation was like a dream. Don't hesitet and take this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2010

My husband and I stayed at The Hotel Margherita as the last leg of our 2 weeks in Italy to celebrate our 25th anniversary . I choose the hotel based on all the great reviews on trip advisor and it certainly was everything we thought it would be and more. The staff all went above and beyond to make sure every need was met. The hotel is in a perfect location to explore the coast. We found Amalfi and Positano, while picturesque , very busy and tourisity. It was a nice break to get back to Praiano , especially this hotel where we thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the rooftop deck enjoying the views ...and of course the wine! We ate 3 out of 5 dinners and 1 lunch at the hotel. The food was fresh, and delicious! When we did venture out for dinner it is just a short walk down the hill to many more lovely restaurants.
I would highly recommend this hotel and will look forward to returning to enjoy it again!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2010

After a busy week of sightseeing and culture, touring in Tuscany & Rome, we arrived at Praiano looking forward to a week of relaxation and we were not disappointed. Andrea and Suela and all of their staff do everything they can to make your stay a pleasure.

The rooms are comfortable well-equipped and the view from the hotel room balcony, looking out over the Amalfi coast and the Mediterranean, is stunning.

The hotel restaurant is very good and with dinner at 23€ for 3 courses, very reasonably priced. The bar is not expensive, either.

Ideally located in a quiet residential area above the town, midway between Positano and Amalfi, with a bus stop outside the door (the hotel sells the bus tickets and the bus ride is a bit of an adventure!), it makes a great base for exploring the local area or just lazing around. They even operate a free taxi service down to the town or to the beach - and more importantly, back up the hill to the hotel!

This is a small, charming hotel run by people who obviously want their guests to enjoy their stay. We would definitely recommend Hotel Margharita and intend to go back one day.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2010

First, I need to say that my husband is 72 and I am 62. We have been very fortunate in that we have traveled all over the world so our expectations are extremely high. For at least six years tripadvisor.com has been what I tell friends is my “travel bible” and I want to thank all those members who have written over the years and helped me choose where to stay. This is how I found this lovely, incredible hotel. I have hesitated to put in my review because words simply do not do this place justice – neither do the photos. We took my daughter for her 40th birthday and booked the hotel 10 months in advance. I watched the tripadvisor reviews constantly during that time and saw them get better and better. I only saw one negative review and this gentleman was way off base – even complained about the pool having a plastic liner. This was ridiculous – the pool was heavenly. The views were all far better than expected and the beauty of the hotel has not been captured in photos, particularly the lobby and restaurant where the breakfast is served. Also the photos can’t possibly capture the beautiful rooftop restaurant and view. We ate there two nights and should have eaten there even more. The food was incredible, particularly the pizza.

Suela and Andrea are the best hosts! Nothing was too much to ask. Since we booked so far in advance they had arranged for us to have the best 2 rooms and when we arrived we found that they had kept their promise. We had room #16 with a huge balcony and room #29 that also has a private patio/balcony with a new bathtub/jacuzzi in a separate room which is positively sinful. Once in the afternoon the three of us were craving ice cream and they opened the restaurant upstairs especially to serve us.

So far of all the reviews I have not heard much about the fact that the road is right below the balconies and this makes for quite a bit of convenience if you have a rental car. Also the SITA bus stops directly outside the front door of the hotel. I will post a photo, but keep in mind that the hotel is designed in such a fashion that you aren’t aware of the road at all while inside or on your balcony.

We got to know many of the other guests and they were all extremely pleased with the hotel and the service, some had even come from Australia.

I am still very surprised that Hotel Margherita is not #1 in Praiano on tripadvisor – it should be!

• Stayed: September 2010