“Stunning View”

Ristorante La Dolce Vista
Reserve with
Ristorante La Dolce Vista is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 34 Restaurants in Praiano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At the same level of "Hotel Smeraldo"'s hall, the Dolce Vista restaurant offers a spectacular terrace for dining.Surrounded by a breathtaking view,you can enjoy delicious dishes from typical local cuisine, prepared by our excellent chef with real devotion.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stopped here for some wine and a small snack. The view was beautiful. Can't comment on a full meal here though.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Went with a group of 4 people and surprisingly we found the best of 4 others we ate at so we went back to make sure. Very relaxing and great food. We let the staff select the 2nd time we went back.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Tonight we had the pleasure of "family dining" at Ristorante Smeraldo. We were picked up at our villa and after a leisurely dinner we were taken back to the villa. We sat and enjoy a gorgeous view of the Amalfi coast while being served by members of the family owned restaurant and hotel. There's more!

The food was OUTSTANDING from the starters to the after dinner drinks including the home made ravioli and the egg plant parmigiana. Don't miss the location for breakfast or dinner. The family is wonderful and the food is fabulous at extremely reasonable prices for the area! A great find!!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We has a perfect meal at Smeraldo. The view of Positano from the restaurant terrace is breath taking, the service was attentive (the restaurant was not crowded the night we were there) and the seafood was some of the best we had during our two weeks in Italy.

I had the mixed grilled fish plater which included a piece of grilled orata. Before this meal, I had never heard of orata (a fish of the sea bream family found in the Mediterranean Sea). I eat a lot of fish and this was the best piece of fish I ever had. We ordered orata several times while in Amalfi; it was always good but never as good as Smeraldo. I highly recommend trying the grilled fish plater.

The spaghetti with clams, the fusilli with swordfish and eggplant, and the linguine scampi were all outstanding. The gnocchi was just okay (too salty).

The lemon cake for desert is a must try. I would do almost anything for a piece right now!

We called the restaurant in advance and they sent a complimentary car to pick us up and drop us back at our villa in Praiano.

Dinner for 5 people (with wine) was around 150 Euro which I thought was very reasonable for such a good meal.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Honestly, I don't get the rave reviews of this restaurant, especially of the food and service. First, I find Positano itself disappointing - an overpriced and totally overrated tourist trap that doesn't have even half the charm of towns in various Greek islands such as Symi town on the island Symi, Hania (spelled Kania sometimes) on Crete, Fiscardo on Kefalonia and many others. But I digress. If you like Positano, the terrace of this restaurant has a nice view of it. The food is average - it's not bad, but this is our third trip in Italy and we've spent 2.5 weeks thus far, starting north in Lake Como, through Tuscany, then Rome and now Positano. If you think this was your best meal in Italy, then you've simply been hitting the tourist traps in Rome way too much, that's all. If you order pasta, it will be OK - it's hard to get pasta wrong in Italy. But the pasta here is like any average restaurant anywhere in Italy - it's fine, but absolutely nothing memorable. Service was worse. The wind blew the menu from the table, knocked over my wife's full glass of wine, and soaked the tablecloth. No offer to change it. We ordered white wine, which came chilled, but they won't bring you an ice bucket to keep it chilled unless you order a more expensive bottle. The husband seemed nice; the wife (I'm assuming the relationship here) tried to be courteous but far from warm and friendly.