“Great food, exceptional service - you will go back there!”
Review of La Strada

La Strada
Ranked #5 of 34 Restaurants in Praiano
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We will welcome you on our terrace with a view suspended midway between the sky and the sea ... From here, you can relish the flavours of the cuisine and wines of the Amalfi Coast. We will amaze you with our service, our commitment and the authenticity of our food. July and August open for dinner only.
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Reastaurant La Strada in Praiano proved to be the best choice when you are looking for value for your money.
It has an inside area but weather allowing you definitily should settle for the top terrace which gives a beautiful panoramic view of the Amalfi coast towards Positano.
The welcome is warm and inviting and the level of service outstanding. Waiters (and waitress) seem to have a perfect antenna for the customers' expectations and live up to them - quick, friendly & knowledgeable.
The food served, either sea food, pasta, pizza or meats, is of high quality and well proportioned. The wine list offers ample choice and also here the waiters know their way around when a real good wine is being ordered (something you don't come accross very often!). Last but not least .... leave some room for dessert; it's home made and you will not be dissapointed!
Room for improvement? Hardly - maybe they should consider a broader selection of grappas (but I guess that's a personal preference)

There are newer reviews for La Strada

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We enjoyed the food but it was not special we did have a great service by young charming waiter who was just to happy to service us, to see view you must go up to the top level which is a balcony

Reviewed April 27, 2013

La Strada was recommended to us by our Hotel Il Pino, and it was so good we went back twice.. On the first night I order Chefs Special Ravioli which I must say was divine, my partner ordered seafood Risotto, which arrived with Mussels and as he doesnt not eat mussles they promptly without any fuss removed his plate and arrived 5 minutes later with another seafood risotto without the shellfish, he said it was to die for.. he has seafood for his mains and I choos a pizza which I believe is their speciality, and oh what a pizza it was .. Divine to say the least.. The following night I choose Beef/Rocket and Parmesan Cheese, the beef was cured and uncooked I didnt realise this and again they prompty took away my dish and came back with it cooked slighly , it was so tasty, something I will even cook myself at home, I went for fish on the second night seabass, which was special of the day it was so tastly, and Noel went for the Ravioli and a pizza.. Staff were just so friendly and with our language barriers they didnt mind our miss understanding on the menus.. I would recommend La Strada for anyone stopping along the Amalfi, we ate outdoors looking at the sunset and the lights of Positano..

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Had a party of 6 and everyone loved it. Had dinner at il pino the night before. La strata is definitely better. All 6 of us agreed. Service and food was great. Did not like the cover charge but everything made up for it and you can think of it as your tip 15%. Also seat up upstairs. View is nice too.

1  Thank Den C
Reviewed April 13, 2013

La Strada was recommended to us by the owner of the rental company we booked through. We went our first evening in Praiano and were able to grab a seat on the balcony overlooking the sea (definitely try to book this ahead if you want a "perfect" seat). Our meal was so phenomenal, we went 2 more times during our five day stay in Praiano. The food is incredible - dishes are prepared with home grown ingredients, local catch, and are elegant yet simple. The fried zucchini flowers were the best I ate in Italy. They are very typical of the region - extremely light batter, long delicate flowers with the stems attached, stuffed with goat cheese. Sitting on the balcony, you can watch as one of the chefs makes pizzas (dough and everything!) for the diners. There's a huge brick oven off of the patio. We even got to see him prep the dough for the following day. The wine list is fantastic, offering wines from the local region as well as other gems around Italy. Trust me, you don't have to order an expensive bottle to find a really decent wine. Try out some of the whites we don't get in the states and you'll be impressed! The waiters/waitresses were fantastic. We were able to understand most of the menu, but our waitress did not mind explaining or recommending items. Also, we asked them to allow us to take our time and they did! We spent two-three hours eating, watching the sun set, the stars come out, and having some of the best Italian food of my life. Seriously, I dream of those zucchini fritters. Finally, the limoncello. Now, typically, I'm not a fan of the stuff. But being determined to try everything regional, I had some for dessert. It was ah-may-zing! Made from La Strada's own lemon grove, it is perfect. Not too sweet. Slight tang of fresh lemon, ice cold. mmmmmm. I bought a bottle and brought it home. Definitely stop here and enjoy the food. It's a family run business (they remembered us after our first night) and you will experience the true Amalfi Coast!