“Excellent Service”
Review of Hotel Pellegrino

Hotel Pellegrino
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Praiano
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed for 4 days at the end of May. My husband surprised me for my birthday. This was an excellent pensione, and we will be coming back. The service is beyond anything we have experienced even in luxury hotels. Asking if the bedding, room, mattress, everything is ok and willing to accomodate if it is not. Everything we found was perfect. We had a large room with a large balcony, perfect to sit out nights after exploring and smelling the flowers. Breakfast made to order if you like, but what they bring you is good! We found we couldn't eat it all! Taste the cakes Luigi will offer you! They are so good we ate 3 in a sitting and are not dessert people. Luigi gives great information about how to get around the coast. Can't say enough about the Pellegrino and we will be back soon!

Room Tip: Room 24. A bit old style, but a great balcony if you like to sit outside a bit of the evening.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa M

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I almost stayed in Positano instead of Praiano and I'm so glad I didn't. The Pelligrino Hotel offers so much more than the 5 star glitzy,expensive hotels. Let's start with the food. No breakfast buffet table with food sitting out for 3 hours. Instead, Luigi brings everything you could ever want to your table, freshly made for you, including an omelet. And during high season The Pelligrino offers a 5 course dinner (plus ala carte if you prefer) that rivals any fancy restaurant on the Amalfi Coast. The dining room has a spectacular view of the coast and the mountains.

My room included a large terrace that was covered in jasmine, bougainvillea, and huge yellow roses. The smell of the jasmine, the incredible view, and the immaculate room made up for the noise of the main coastal road just below the hotel. At first the noise bothered me, then I realized that the convenience of having the bus stop right outside the door, plus not having to climb stairs to reach the hotel far outweighed the noise factor.

High quality linens, great pillows, and good water pressure were added bonuses. I slept like a baby.

Many reviews have raved about Luigi's and his wife Sandra's hospitality. They both go out of their way to make their guests happy. I thought it was because I was special until I read the other reviews!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank nyellen2
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We've just spent 5 nights with Luigi and his family and can recommend the Pellegrino as a wonderful place to stay.
The rooms are large and comfortable and every day I was impressed when returning in the afternoon at just how well cleaned and tidied the room was. The evening meals were very good with a great choice and a tremendous selection of fresh fish. Likewise the breakfasts were much, much better than the standard fare and were big enough to set you up for the whole day.
The most endearing feature, however, is how kind, friendly, hospitable and obliging Luigi and his family were; nothing was too much trouble for them. They delivered us to restaurants at the other end of town when we ate out and collected us later in the evening, gave us all sorts of helpful advice and made us feel like visiting relatives, not paying guests.
And..to top it all, it was terrific value.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2013

From the first moment you are greeted and treated as a friend of the family rather than a guest at a hotel. Luigi and his family is there every moment to ensure that your stay is no less than perfect. Good and very clean rooms with a huge balcony and a view that will leave you short of breath. Breakfast is like a 4 course meal and everything is homemade. Loved every second of our stay and will for sure be coming back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013

After a long day (train from Milan to Naples, climbing Mount Vesuvius, Pompeii ruins, shopping in Sorrento) we reached this hotel (or should I say my friend's place?) and the way they welcomed my family of four (12 and 17) was incredible. Luigi, his wife and his daughter are just extremely nice people. There were just two more families that were staying the night we were there. Luigi invited us to have cake and drink after freshening up and the home baked lemon cake was wonderful. I am sure Praiano might not be as convenient as Sorrento for transportation but if you have the part of getting around figured out, you have to stay at this place with great views. We hiked the path of gods the next morning. Yes my 12 year old was able to climb up the steps to meet the path, I believe halfway between Bomerano and Nocelle. Thanks Luigi for everything.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

"I don't usually do this",.......but I feel duty bound to tell the world about this superb, exclusive, small hotel. All the good reviews are true. Family run for many years, this tradition in truly welcoming guests seems to have been distilled and concentrated in the guise of the host, owner and now friend, Luigi di rispoli, ably assisted by his good lady wife and his refreshingly well adjusted teenage children.

The jasmine and wisteria clad hotel blends unassumingly into the praiano hillside, but don't be fooled, the facilities are second to none. Shower speakers for your own music(in the room we were upgraded to) to mention but one example.

Luigi welcomed us with prosecco and cake, plied us with wine upon our return to the hotel at the end of each day, upgraded us from a great room to the best room he could give us on our second day, and carefully prepared an endless delicious breakfast each morning positioning us perfectly to watch praiano awaken in the hazy early morning sun below.

Luigi helped with our daily itineraries, allowing us to maximise our enjoyment of the wonderful Amalfi coast. His recommendations were faultless. The location off the hotel allows easy exploration of the village of Praiano, which is relatively untainted by the usual tourist trappings which slightly tarnish some of the neighbouring towns.

We looked forward to our return each evening to our comfortable hotel and room.

Many thanks Luigi and family, you made our stay on the Amalfi coast the trip of a lifetime.

Kind regards,

Dr J. B.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 662JeffB662
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We got here late in the evening with the family and were wormly welcomed. Service is above all in this very nice hotel with large clean rooms. Could not ssk for more. Owner even took us in his car to dinner and came to pick us up when we were done. Drinks were brought to the room. Looks like it is run with love.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Awitkon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Praiano
Hotel Margherita
#3 of 20 in Praiano
Albergo Punta Regina
Albergo Punta Regina
#2 of 38 in Positano

Been to Hotel Pellegrino? Share your experiences!