See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 18, 2018

Hotel right on the beach on great Calabrian coast. Nice clean rooms with beach view and balcony. Restaurant offer you good food and local vines. Hotel have also great garden and privat parking. Good for vacation

Room tip: with beach view and balcony
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Garden R, Responsabile reception at Hotel Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Iztok,
thank you very much for your wonderful review.
We are glad that you enjoyed your holiday in Praia a Mare and that you enjoyed the Garden Hotel and our beach.

Come back soon to visit us from Slovenia, so you can try the new dishes and other wine from the Garden Restaurant.

We hope to see you again.
A hug from
the staff
Garden Hotel
Praia a Mare
Calabria

Reviewed February 7, 2017

Loved the location, loved the room with a terrific view of the sea. We had a wonderful time and I would recommend this hotel. The staff leave a bit to be desired as they were not very friendly. We loved leaving the windows open and listening to the sea at night. The room had a wonderful balcony with two chairs and a table (there is a nice grocery store around the corner and we had some lovely antipasto and wine on the balcony).

Room tip: I'd recommend paying a bit more for a room with a view of the sea.
Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed May 15, 2016

We came to Praia a Mare to spend 3 days and decided to stay for a week...We came across the Hotel Garden and we're greeted warmly by the staff. Our room was ready early which we appreciated and everyone at the hotel went out of their way to accommodate us with directions, meals and conversation. The rooms, hotel and the private beach were very clean. A lovely view of the ocean directly across the street from the hotel was available to us from our balcony . ...would recommend and return again

Date of stay: May 2016
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Well located. Decent rooms which require some refurbishment. Familiar hotel. Cheap price. We paid 60 euro per night breakfast (poor) in August. Praia a Mare is not a very brilliant place but it is very near from beautiful Maratea. Good choice.

Date of stay: August 2013
1  Thank aitorOndarroa
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I had a great surprise when I found this hotel.
I was looking for a simple place to spend one night on my trip through the coast and the hotel was perfect.
The staff is very kind and warm, like when I asked about the check out time, the lady said to me not to worry, that I should have the breakfast and then take a bath on the beach. Very nice!
The room that I stayed has a nice view of the beach and the sound of the waves was amazing.
Everything was clean and organized.
The breakfast was very good too.

Date of stay: October 2012