“Great Location, Great Room”

Residenza Storica Villa Avellino
“Great Location, Great Room”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The building of this hotel was originally constructed in 1489 and most recently has been renovated into this lovely, boutique hotel. The staff does not always speak good English but they can readily get hold of another employee who does. WIth that said, the employees here, especially a man named Agostino who speaks passable English will bend over backwards to ensure your stay is top-notch. The rates start at 89 euro and go up from there depending if you want TV, Wi-Fi or maid service every other day. I think the prices are very affordable with respect to the quality of stay. The rooms have a modern, cozy feel to them and are well apportioned. I especially enjoy the ability to plug my iPad into the wall jack and have music pumped through the room via the internal speaker system. The stovetop is especially modern and a joy to cook on. The refrigerator is large enough to hold supplies for an extended stay. There is also a convection oven/microwave that is quite efficient and sheik. There is also a dishwasher but the hotel does not supply soap, nor is the guest provided with dish soap to clean dishes by hand. There is laundry service on site with modern washers and dryers. The cost for a wash is 4 euro and to dry it is 3 euro per load.

I especially enjoy the view from my front door where I have a rooftop patio with a nice view of the city of Pozzuoli. The location of the hotel is also very accommodating with easy walking access to all sorts of shopping and dining. There is parking on site as well that is walled off and accessed through a gate so security is not an issue.

Other wonderful amenities include the three skylights in the room. You have the ability to close the shutters via remote or leave them open and let the sunlight fill every corner of the comfortable space. I especially enjoy having the light wake me in the morning as the sunrise slowly leaks through the single skylight in the bedroom.

I couldn't ask for much more in a hotel, especially for an extended stay such as mine. The location is great, the staff is wonderful, the rooms are beautiful not to mention comfortable and the price is right.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bryce C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We just returned from Pozzuoli and I openly have to say that the holiday was one of the best I ever had and the best since I am together with Patrick, my husband. In the last five years we didn’t have much luck spending a good time on holidays but it improved with the last trip since we discovered air bnb.

About Villa Avellino:

As we love spending our free time after work in our apartment, it’s not easy to feel the same in other places. But Villa Avellino was exceeding our expectations!
Before we booked, I got in contact with the managers and they’ve told me that they can offer a similar apartment to the one pictured on another platform because that one was already booked. I was a bit sceptic but they promised that we will like it as well! Plus, they made us a rate discount.
As we arrived after a 20h bus trip from Vienna I instantly felt like home (or even better!). The apartment was a bit smaller but true, it is a beauty and Agostino since the start, extremely warm and friendly. I liked so much our apartment that there were times (while we were sightseeing in town) when I was craving to return to the Villa! A true oasis of peace, refreshment, cleaning and comfort...

The design is very smart: to make a better picture, the furniture comes from Poliform.
Every cm of the apartment is intelligently used, hi-tech equipped, the kitchen is very modern, the bathroom ideally sized, the bed very comfortable, the TV is connected to the satellite; there is wireless internet, air conditioning... I would need five pages to positively describe everything.
All is new, it smells wonderful and the cleaning woman does an amazing work so we tried to take care about everything surrounding us. It would be nice to keep it as it is for as long as possible. And happily, I’ve noticed that the Villa’s other guests are very quiet, clean and respect the work of the owners.

A little remark: as I am extremely noise sensitive, I fully appreciated the tranquillity surrounding the apartment. A true dream! But there were times in the early morning when we heard our neighbour showering and it woke us up. We were so happy with the Villa’s services that we didn’t dare to tell the managers about this inconvenience (and actually it is nobody’s fault). And we were happy that our neighbour lives alone instead of being a family with kids. I don’t know if it is related, but I mentioned it to the neighbour and in the last 2 days of our stay we didn’t hear the shower (so we could sleep interrupted).
Fabio, the manager was very helpful and responsive, we had two mini requests and he solved them very fast and professional!
You have the possibility to wash, iron or even get delicious coffee & drinks from a vending machine.

The location is very central, within minutes from the train station(s).

Pozzuoli: it’s a charming town with friendly inhabitants. The food is amazingly good, there are small shops and supermarkets, the prices are lower than in Napoli and tourists feel welcomed. You can do sightseeing in the town or there are many ways to enjoy the places near Pozzuoli : travel to Procida, Ischia, Capri... go to the beach from Torregaveta (our fav was La Fenice, about 500m from the train station), visit Napoli, Pompei, Sorrento...
Be aware: Ischia is a very beautiful island but we felt it being a tourist trap. We paid 64€ for 2 entry tickets to Negombo Beach Resort and after we entered they told us that it’s fully booked (it was even stamped on our tickets!). We left after 2’ in tears to the nearby beach where it seemed to be half occupied. As we wanted to take a sit on a chaise long, an employee came and told us that everything is reserved and we should wait at the entrance. We finally got 2 places in the far back for 25€.

We will definitely go back to Pozzuoli and I pray that everything will be as good as this time! For sure, we will stay at Villa Avellino: a place restored with love, good taste & style with a big financial investment, respect & dedication to their guests!

Room Tip: Besides ours I saw 2 other apartments in the Villa and each looks individually charming. Ask though...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank patriciavincent
Naples, Campania, Italy
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Ciao! Wanted to take a moment and share with you my experience while living at Villa Avellino. From the time I checked in to present I have received superior service from staff. Accommodations are amazing! Rooms are beautifully designed to include the finest furniture and appliances. For instance, stove and microwave are state of the art, ipod or iphone can be used to plug into wall to listen to music, bed and couch are extremely comfortable and all the amenities are conveniently located throughout the apartment. Additionally, the views of Capri, Ischia and proceda are breathtaking! For those of you that like to exercise the location is conveniently located near waterfront which is one of my favorite places to go running. Plus it is near metro, supermarket, local restaurants and a fantastic lounge bar name Cannavacciuolo. Also highly recommended. Another great feature of Villa Avellino is the parking. It is closely located outside building and is very safe with plenty of space to park. In regards to security, it is top notch. The property is gated, doors are equipped with security features such as locks/deadbolts and front office is always available to answer your calls and questions. This place has it all! Come and enjoy the experience you will love it!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
USA
Reviewed July 17, 2012

To anybody familiar with the gambles involved in travelling and staying in hotels, renting apartments, and using extended stay hotels in Italy, I can assure you that the Villa Avellino is better than anything you have seen. The staff, headed by the ever fantastic Fabio, can fix your problems, make reservations, recommend travel options and just sit and chat if that's what you like. English is spoken, and the accomodations are some of the best - if not THE BEST - you will find anywhere! Located in downtown Pozzuoli. For someone using Villa Avellino for an extended stay, this is great. Each room has a full, furnished kitchen. The Villa Avellino is right downtown and within an easy walk to shops, cafes, bars, markets, and even the beach. Two train stations are within a five minute walk, and from the station, every tourist destination is at your fingertips. For a traveller only staying a day or two, be advised, the staff goes home in the evening. This place is fantastic. How fantastic? I liked it so much that now I live there permanently. It's great.
Mark, Pozzuoli

Room Tip: There's a lot of variety, but you can't go wrong
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We were looking for a place to live in Pozzuoli, Italy or in surrounding area while we were staying at Miramare Hote(can't wait to see it renewed too!)l in Pozzuoli when we talked to Mr Agostino La Rana (Engineer Agostino) who was a brain behind restauration of Villa Avellino. The building was still not ready for guests. We were stunned when we went to see what that Villa was about. So modern, convenient, clean, bright, with all what guests need, parking lot in garden, elevator in 3 story building,great insulation, 22nd century kitchen and bathrooms, you name it! But over all: the view of Capri, Nisida Islands and Messina, 5 minutes to different metro line stations, oranges, clementines, apples nd lemons ready to pick up from trees! O! Did I mention a landlord and staff? Great does not even touch the real deal of what you will get staying here!

Room Tip: Just call and explain what you need , when and for how long since rate could be different. We were t...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ElviraKim
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Very good location between the rail and metro station. Very nice and friendly service. Very modern and good designed apartments some with a stunning view on the sea. I can fully recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pozzuoli
Villa Luisa Hotel
#9 of 21 in Pozzuoli
Il Gabbiano Hotel
Il Gabbiano Hotel
#1 of 1 in Baiae

Been to Residenza Storica Villa Avellino? Share your experiences!