“Terrible!!”

Ranked #55 of 94 Restaurants in Positano
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In the welcoming timeless setting of the Main Beach of Positano, according to its typical style that makes this town unique in the world, "La Pergola" Restaurant is very informal during the day while by night it offers you candlelit corners for romantic dinners. Kindly served by a helpful staff, you can order your preferred traditional Italian course at anytime from brunch to dinner. Continuous service is available from 12:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

I m Italian but I live outside the country, we just arrived in Positano and the first thing me and my girlfriend wanted was a delicious Pizza, but it was terrible, frozen and tasteless (15€) you probably pay just for the view, nothing else. I also ordered some french fries 7€ for 8 pieces, I counted them almost 1 € each french fries.
Never again!

Date of visit: June 2019
LaPergolaPositano, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Ristorante La Pergola, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2019

Caro Filippo,
I'm sorry I have to disagree with your review for a couple of motivation.
First of all our pizza is not frozen but freshly prepared and cooked in a wood fire oven, if you don't like our kind of pizza it doesn't mean that it is frozen.... or probably you did not like the price....
Second : we don't serve 8 French Fries for 7 euros, it is not true and you know it .... I'm sorry that people use Tripadvisor to destroy the reputation of good restaurants that work every day to give the best. I invite you to look at the pictures of other guests to see what i'm talking about.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,074)

Reviewed June 1, 2019

We stopped here for pizza on a whim. I clearly had not done any research before hand or we would have breezed by to the next spot. The food was decent and price not horrific for the location. the service was absolute awful. We were seated by the host and then sat for probably twenty minutes before being greeted by a server to the point where we almost walked away. There have to be better places so give this place a skip.

Date of visit: May 2019

I'm sorry Dear Guest that you had this bad impression.... we are usually very friendly with our guests and our waiters take care of our clients as they deserve.
Usually the host shows you the table and she also brings you the menu. After that we don't want to push our guests to order, eat and go away.... We let you relax while deciding what to order respecting your times. Meanwhile another waiter usually comes to ask if you want to drink something.... i don't think you had a different treatment. I'm sorry if it happened and I apologize inviting you to come and visit us again. Then if you were in hurry it would be sufficient lifting one hand ;-)

Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

We had the best pizza by far today in this beautiful restaurant in Positano! My partner ordered a Calzone and I the Buffala and they were excellent!
The waiter was very attentive and friendly!
We had a very good time!

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for spending such good positive words on our PIZZA !!! We are proud of our satisfied clients !
Waiters want to thank you as well !
Waiting for your next visit....

Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

Took a take away Veg pizza for 9.50€. Highly priced as expected as it is next to the beach. The pizza was decent and was a good one to gulp sitting on the beach.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for having choosed us! I just want to remind you and other Tripadvisor followers that we give you the opportunity of free sitting in our self service area close to the take away pizzeria to enjoy your warm food looking at the sea !
Waiting for you again ,

Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

While waiting for the boat to Amalfi, I had a cappuccino. It was the best I’ve ever had, so I had another! I’ve never done that before!

Good choice !!!
Thank you for visiting us ! We will wait for your next visit!