“So happy we went to this restaurant!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Da Vincenzo

Da Vincenzo
Ranked #8 of 84 Restaurants in Positano
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wantagh, New York
“So happy we went to this restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

My husband and I had originally had plans to go elsewhere for dinner but decided to go to da Vincenzo instead. We were beyond happy with our choice! When we arrived they were full up but made us our own little table in the corner which was nice and romantic. Then we ordered the mussels ( which I do not eat my husband loved them though. I did however dip my bread into the sauce that was left at the end of the meal and OMG it was amazing!!!! ). I ordered for my meal Lobster rigatoni which was one of the best meals I had during my two weeks in Italy. The sauce was incredible, the pasta was cooked perfectly and they give you a whole lobster for only 23 euro. I thought it was a great deal and was so happy with my choice. My husband had the gnocchi sorrentina which was also delicious. This is definitely a restaurant I would come back over and over again if given the chance to go back to Positano someday.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zug, Switzerland
“Maybe it was just a bad night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

Had to double check this was the correct restaurant after reading the reviews, this is definitely the place where we had pasta that was so undercooked it was inedible and the other meals were ver ordinary. Service was busy, friendly but slow, room was very noisy and hard to have dinner conversation. Lots of other restaurants in Positano.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bakersfield, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We felt like part of the family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

While spending one amazing week in Positano, we dined at Da Vincenzo 3 times. We just happened to literally stumble upon it after climbing up 100 steps from our villa! It was a Saturday night and very busy, but they quickly found us a table for 4. As my husband and I waited for our sons to join us, we were brought water, Prosecco, olives, bread, all without us asking by Pancella, the lovely matriarch of the restaurant. We apologized for our tardy sons, but were met with graciousness and no worries. When our sons finally arrived, our delicious experience began. The food was wonderful, the best we had in Positano, which is saying alot. We enjoyed stuffed peppers, grilled buffalo mozarella in lemon leaves, fresh seafood...anchovies, lobster, prawns, clams and mussels. Then therre was the pasta. Homemade silken gnocchi and ravioli. The best desert cannolli and lemon cake. The atmosphere is lovely and authentic. As much of Positano, it is carved out of the rock, with brick and stone and bells hanging from the ceiling, which the owner Giosue, will start ringing out of the blue, because he is happy! His father , Vincenzo, originally opened a small grocery store over 50 yrs ago, which became the restaurant. After our last dinner in Positano, Pancella asked us to sign their guest book and Giosue presented me a small commerative bell. I felt like I was saying goodbye to long lost relatives. Ciao Giosue, Pancella, Vincenzo and Feolenica, until we visit again!

• Visited June 2014
Northumberland
“One of the best ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant after reading trip advisor reviews. It has limited outdoor seating and mostly caters for indoor eating. It is a great place to eat. We really enjoys the ravioli and the fish was very well cooked. The service is friendly. Who knows we might get the opportunity to visit again in the future.

Austin, Texas
“Great meal...service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Its one of the better places in Positano. Its on the higher end of price, value, and taste...

Highly recommend for a night out at the mid-level. Make a reservation to sit outside...
Order the shells with braised beef...brachiole is solid too!@

• Visited July 2014