“The Real Deal in Positano”
Review of Da Vincenzo

Da Vincenzo
Ranked #13 of 90 Restaurants in Positano
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2014

DaVincenzo's was, by far, our favorite restaurant in Positano. We have had three memorable dinners there during our stay. The restaurant is on the Main Street, Viale Pasitea, and if you reserve an outside table, your view is looking out across the Spiaggia Grande. It's an easy walk from up or down, it's about halfway in either direction.
The interior of the restaurant is carved into the stone at the back; the ceiling of the bar and the back dining room is actual stone where it's been built into the cliff. The kitchen is open to the restaurant, and the gleaming stainless and the fresh ingredients are a sight to see. This is a family business, and they work together perfectly. Mom, Dad, and son Vincenzo are all at the front of house to assure your experience. The rest of the staff is friendly, and everyone is fluent in Inglese but indulged my fledgling attempts at Italiano. We stayed upstairs at la Casa di Guilia, one of the apartments owned and rented by the family as a holiday flat, so we enjoyed watching the restaurant below from our balcony. Fresh produce was delivered each day and we would see them shelling peas, for instance, for the dinner service. Everything was clean and fresh, windows washed, fresh plants put out on the tables with the candles...and I haven't even gotten to the food and wine.
Napolitean style (local family recipes) are a delicious part of their menu. We had a beef and pasta dish that was incredible. We sampled lots of the seafood dishes; fresh grilled anchovies, grilled sea bream, mussels and clams, a pasta dish with anchovies and fennel seed that was delicious. We had a locally sourced white wine from the Amalfi Coast that was my favorite of the wines we drank on this trip. And the tiramisu was perfecto!! If you are looking for a really nice Italian experience with atmosphere and excellent cuisine, this is the place for you. We give daVincenzo's five stars!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,537)

Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Went here with friends and even those its small inside the ambance is good with the staff very attentive and there for your every needs food to die for a little on the expensive side but well worth a visit for a good dining experience let me know what you all think!

2  Thank parroting
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Went there on the advice of the concierge of our hotel in Positano.
The food was absolutely excellent as was the staff and location.
The atmosphere was great with a good mix of locals and tourists.
All I'm all faultless at a very competitive price.

2  Thank goldhench
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Me wife and I ate at Da Vincent and loved the entire experience. Food was excellent prices were reasonable for area. We had the squid which was amazing.

2  Thank peteradina
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I am the son of italian immigrants. Since I was a child I have eaten homemade traditional italian food. Based upon my upbringing I to have become an excellent cook in my own right. My wife and I enjoy great food but are usually disappointed when we eat out. Not the case with da Vincenzo's We went there on the recommendation of a local shop owner on May 1 2014 for dinner. Needless to say we were blown away. The food ,service ,ambience all first class. In fact we enjoyed it so much we ate dinner there every night Four straight days We had everything on the menu from zuppa di cozze to ahi tuna. Everything was cooked to perfection. I can't begin to tell you how good it was. My only regret was leaving today for capri hopefully I can find a restaurant there that approximates da Vincenzo !
Nigeloni. Syracuse ny