“Excellent food and service”
Review of Da Vincenzo

Da Vincenzo
Ranked #7 of 89 Restaurants in Positano
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Our last night in Positano we dined at Da Vincenzo. It has a warm feel and one has the impression that some of its interior is quite ancient. Our waitress remembered us from a previous visit and was most helpful. The seafood was excellent, freshly caught the same morning. The pastas were superb. Our waitress indicated that Positano had been kissed by the gods and that due to its exceptional beauty, had escaped much of "la miseria" (economic maladies) that afflict much of Southern Italy. Good food is found all over Italy, but exceptional service is what makes Da Vincenzo memorable.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Da Vincensos was recommended to us by a few locals as the best place to eat in town. It is slightly up the hill from the center of town (a nice, but not daunting walk). It is a darling restaurant with a great patio overlooking the water and town center. The hospitality is splendid. I had a pasta special that ranked very high on my list of best food during my entire tour of Italy. It was off the menu, a tagliolini with lobster in a light olive oil, tomato sauce with basil and garlic. Simple and amazing. I asked for cheese when it arrived and prior to tasting it in which the server just looked at me and shook his head no. It was amazing and I appreciated it because it needed absolutely nothing. My husband ordered the same thing and loved it and our desserts were fantastic as well (cheesecake and chocolate mousse). I highly recommend you check out Da Vincensos when in Positano. Bon appetito.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Walking distance from our wonderful hotel (Punta Regina) and highly recommended, we ended up dining here 2 out of our 4 nights in Positano. Lovely, lovely meal. Go there.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had 10 days along Amalfi coast and if other reviewers thought this was the best in Positano it's all relative. It was one of the most average meals we had and one of the most expensive!
Eggplant parmigana tasted like it was made with canned tomatoes and buried in cheese.
ON plus side decor was great.

Around Positano would give higher rating to Bruno or La Tagliata or even the more touristy Le Tre Sorlle.

Frankly our impression was they are trading off their reputation. This was given the number one in our Lonely Planet and I could not disagree more with this rating.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I spent five days in positano . Ate at many restaurants this was by far the most authentic fresh Italian food . Service was great !!! Do t trade a big view for a quality dinner . Views are for a glass of wine . 10 days all together one of best places