“Good experience, will go again”
Review of Il Ritrovo

Il Ritrovo
Ranked #4 of 87 Restaurants in Positano
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Partiamo dalla cucina perche crediamo che la qualita delle nostre pietanze sia il fondamentale elemento del nostro ristorante. Il nostro scopo diventa di farvele gustare a casa nostra nel ristorante conosciuto come IL RITROVO.
Haifa, Israel
“Good experience, will go again”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Trying not to repeat all of the others...
Overall good experience with good service and a large wine selection, we've enjoyed our dinner.
Food was good, but not something that I'll remember (unlike some other meals I've had in the area).

Worth the hassle of scheduling the pick-up and everything, just don't expect top-notch cuisine.
BTW prices were a bit more steep then the average.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Giligen

• Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“Good food. Very authentic.”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

It was my family with 2 of our college kids. The food was good and service was great! But if you are Asian American like us spoiled with good food and great service, my kids are to first to point out we were the last to be served. :( I hate when that its true. Please make sure when we are in tourist area, do not discriminate. It hurts! :(

Chicago, Illinois
“Overall great experience!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is one of these special places in Italy that you will never forget. One of the restaurant family members came to our hotel to pick us up in a van and brought us to their house/restaurant. The view is beyond anything you can ever imagine as it sits way up on the hill. Then, the other family members serve and cook you dinner. To be honest, I can't even remember what the quality of the dinner was because I was loving the environment and people so much I didn't even concentrate on my dinner, but I can assure you the food was and is spectacular. I would have remembered if it was anything but perfect. Great place and a must try.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank App19
Houston, Texas
“Fabulous food and experience!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place was way up in the hills. They will come and get you and take you back. It is a family business. One brother runs the front and one the back. The food was amazing and the presentation was fabulous. Great selection on wine. They treated us like kings and queens.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Gloria M
“A Lovely Experience”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We visited Il Ritrovo this past August during our stay in Positano. Il Ritrovo sent a car to pick us up at our hotel and the service was prompt both ways unlike a return trip the evening before from another Montepertuso dining experience. We were seated in an open air dining room that while rustic and charming. Depending on how you were seated, there were beautiful views of the sea. Otherwise, you were facing surrounding buildings. It was a very quiet evening and there were only two tables of people the entire evening! Normally, this would be a turn off but having had a delicious yet slightly frenetic experience the night before, we welcomed the peacefulness of Il Ritrovo. Service was lovely and welcoming.The food was nothing short of fantastic. We started with antipasto and had pastas, fish and meat and everything was wonderful. Wine was great too. At the end of our meal, the server gave us some packets of spices to bring home to cook with - a lovely touch (however when we unpacked them at home, we noticed one packet had a live bug in it which was a shame! I had looked forward to trying to recreate the wonderful tastes of Il Ritrovo at home.) This would not deter me from going back or recommending this lovely place to eat in the hills above Positano.

• Visited August 2012