Some B&Bs have large rooms, wonderful views, great breakfasts and friendly hosts. But Casa Cuccaro has this and more!
My wife and I enjoyed five nights at Casa Cuccaro with Geraldina and Giuseppe in early September and felt that we were being cared for not just as guests but as friends. If Geraldina doesn't think that you should drive with the locals she'll let you know and if Pepe doesn't like your football team he'll say so! That said when we were leaving very early to drive to Rome to catch a flight Geraldina was up early fixing a meal (because that airline food is never any good). And Giuseppe doesn't mind sharing a beer with you.
As noted on some Reviews, Nocelle is remote! Not only is it five kilometres up a narrow winding road (great to drive) but it has no ATM, only two restaurants, the Wi-Fi is not always awake and the only way around the village is on foot (cars must park in the car park or on the edge of the access road). But this makes the place unique - by definition you become a villager! Locals say hello (in Italian), the restaurant staff know you and the bus driver waves.
Positano is nice - but it's full of tourists, and at sea level. Nocelle is friendly and probably enjoys (by virtue of its height) the best views of any place that we've ever stayed at (and we travel a bit). If you don't have a car the bus service is cheap and very reliable and there is generally room for a few bags.
There is a down side - the shower recess is small and Peppe supports Juventus!
So in short Nocelle is a great place to chill out with friends. And Geraldina and Peppe are warm and welcoming friends!
Thanks for a wonderful holiday guys!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Cuccaro was an ancient agricultural building set in one of the most dramatic sites of all Positano, the tiny village of Nocelle. From here you can vertically dominate Positano and its entire coast with endless emotions. Peppe and his family welcome you with a genuine and authentic hospitality. Simple and tastefully decorated. Rooms are furnished with simplicity and good taste and they are very comfortable. All have a private terrace with chairs and table overlooking the sea, for one's own privacy. Thanks to its position Casa Cuccaro is sun-kissed for most of the day during the summer and benefits warm rays during the wintertime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Studio Scivoletto S.r.l. so you can book your Casa Cuccaro B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Cuccaro Bed And Breakfast
- Casa Cuccaro Hotel Positano