“Amazing holiday”
Review of Villa Verde

Villa Verde
Ranked #40 of 55 Positano B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We visited Positano this August and spent a wonderful few days in Villa Verde where we had a lovely room with beautiful views. The family were really warm and welcoming and made our stay feel like a home from home. Just a 10 minute stroll from the town centre, Villa Verde is perfectly located. The breakfast was fresh and served on a beautiful terrace with views of the town and the sea. The b&b istelf was very clean and nicely decorated and the service was of a very high standard - I highly recommend a stay here, it really is a gem!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Hannah L

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have just returned from a weekend in beautiful Positano staying in family run Villa Verde. This beautiful little hotel situated on the hillside was the perfect place to stay. Eating a lovely fresh breakfast each morning looking out over the sea is an experience i will never forget. The family are kind and very accommodating and the room clean and comfortable. I would highly recommend staying in this hotel if you are lucky enough to visit Positano.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank helsbels97
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We were there in july, we are from montreal. We had amazing service from the wife and husband who own the bed and breakfast. The rooms are very clean, the view is spectacular. I have nothing bad to say about this BNB. The price was also very affordable and the location is amazing, you are 5 minute walk to the ocean. I would definitly go back and recommend it to all family and friends thank you again.

From the Montrealers, Vanessa, Julia and Abe

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank vanessa d
Reviewed January 22, 2012

You have to wonder about some of these reviewers. You should stay at home if you are upset about room service coming to make your bed at 11 am. Same as a view of the ocean the view from the patio is a million dollar view and all views ocean or otherwise are spectacular. You certainly are not looking at a lane way with rubbish in it. The service is fantastic and remember it is a B&B not a 5 star hotel. Join the family and watch the soccer. Oh yes the rooms are basements it is on the lower side of the road. The Villa Verde is built down the hill. You can't build up this way everyone gets a view. Enjoy the experience or tear up your passport and stay home. One of the most memorable stays I have had in this fantastic world of ours. So to the knockers get a life because you are never going to be happy

I loved it, it may be older (Italy is) but it is honest and happy.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank Tezza1958
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Great staff - very helpful and friendly - gave us excellent referrals to local restaurants that were very enjoyable. Positano is noisy in general (buses constantly honking) but the windows in our room were incredible - really blocked the noise. The room was large and we had a nice balcony with a view of the valley with morning sun, but cool in the evening. Breakfast typical European fare with nice cappucino's. We had a great experience and enjoyed our stay!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JnuAKTraveler
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This may be a nice place to stay..but beware of pricing issues if you use a source other than their own website. We searched for availability on bbplanet..and they returned an offer with pricing. I then phoned them to see if they had 2 more days available. The man became irrate! Saying there is no way we gave you that price..you must have the wrong month! I was looking right at their email reply..with correct month and dates! I ended up hanging up because he was sooooo unfriendlly. Buyer beware...you have no recorse if you pre-book a stay on those websites, even with email in hand! I live in Positano part of the year and can tell you that this part of Italy does not have customer service, at all really, or at least, not at all like you are used to in the states...makes you appreciate our level of customer service.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank moonwater6
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I stayed in July alone and having never been there, not only was the place clean, immaculately clean in fact, in a great location with an incredible view, but the owners went out of their way to make me feel welcome, at home and comfortable. Villa Verde was a great place to stay at with a value close to none! It had an excellent view of Positano and was conveniently located near the top, close to the bus so one did not have to carry their luggage up and down, which I saw many others do who (did not look fun!). I would recommend this place and would feel welcome to have any questions directed to me. I was in Positano for the first time and came from Canada, and i would do the trip again and stay here again for certain! Thank you Villa Verde, you made my stay so beautiful, picturesque, and memorable!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo