“A little slice of heaven”

La Maliosa d'Arienzo
Ranked #30 of 48 Positano B&B and Inns
“A little slice of heaven”
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

This would have to be on of the best B&B's I have ever stayed in. I have travelled to many beautiful parts of the world and this is SPECIAL. I am fortunate enough to speak Italian as I am an Australian with Italian parents, so, in many places I stay when I'm in Italy treat me with a little more respect but not here. Felix, the owner is extremely polite, happy, helpfull, can cook you dinner and always working hard to ensure that EVERYONE is being looked after. What a great spot it is as well. It's a 20 minute walk into Positano centre, it's views are spectacular, and 200 steps down to your own private beach where this is a lovely little restaurant/bar. The staff here are lovely and very friendly and the food is freshly picked or fished out of the sea the same day. What more can I say........ Top spot!!! Exquisite.

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Connie M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Now the first thing I will say is that it is a bit of a hike from town - it's roughly 2kms along the very winding road which also happens to the main road between towns, with no footpath (when a bus comes along squeeze in between any parked car you can) saying this though it is not a 'terrible' walk, depending on the time of day. The B&B itself is stunning! Great views and very relaxing. The rooms are basic and the bed was very hard (the toilet also ran all night), breakfast was okay, but the host was great! It's roughly 300 steps down to a lovely beach - but remember that's also 300 steps back up! Everything in Positano is a hike though so just embrace and enjoy this amazing spot.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank deannelee13
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 26, 2013

La Maliosa is like a little Oasis of relaxation. When you walk down the stairs into the wonderful garden you don't feel as if you are entering a B&B, it feels almost like coming home. I stayed in La Maliosa for two weeks, had a spacious room, good state, bathroom as well. All was very clean and there was airconditioning. There is Wi-Fi internet and enough parking spaces (behind gate, so protected). It is just outside Positano, 5 min drive by car, 15 min walk or 5 min drive by bus. Just 30 second walk from the B&B you have a busstop, just perfect. The owner of La Maliosa, his name is Felice, is a wonderful energetic person. Everything you will see in the B&B, from the garden, rooms, furniture etc, he did it all himself. If you are looking for an affordable, clean, well maintained B&B in Positano, with parking facilities, Wi-Fi option, I can definitely recommend this B&B.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SaraCosmopolitan
Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Recently stayed in positano at La Maliosa. It's a 10min walk to the main area of positano, it would be shorter if the roads weren't so bendy. There's a bus stop not even 50m away from hotel as well.
This place was clean and tidy, also nicely private in a sense. Felix the owner, (felice or felicio in Italian) is an absolute lad. There was an error with booking.com where it must of over booked 1 night, we stayed a total of 4 nights in pos. he offered to help us find somewhere else and did so, as it was peak time we appreciated this, the room we stayed in wasn't much, might of been a family room, but the people were very warm and lovely and offered us a better room as there were availability after that night. Felice also organised the cab to and from where we stayed for one night free of charge.

Long story short, felix is a real good guy, cooks for his guests on Sundays and has a decent spread for breakfast consisting of croissants, fruits, breads, Nutella, jam, juices, fresh coffee, boiled eggs,etc. I don't care for breakfast at a hotel when travelling as I prefer to go out and find something, but if you like that sort of thing it's all there.

I stayed in 2 types of rooms, both clean and tidy. There very comfy as well. Both also had nice views of the ocean. Your surroundings are like a big walk in garden, lots of flowered trees, fruit trees. It's actually pretty calming.

If walking back to hotel at night just be careful with traffic, as they have small roads and cars go flying past you sometimes. Buses there are easy and effectively do one big loop.

If I ever come back and couldn't stay I'd still drop in and say g'day to him. Very nice place, very nice people.

Room Tip: The rooms in the corridor, opposite where the bar is and breakfast is served are very good!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Daveyboy279
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I was interested to read some of the more negative reviews because my experience at La Maliosa was nothing but positive. I arrived late at night and the room was waiting for me, spotless and comfortable. The owner Felice Murano and his staff are courteous and helpful (despite my not speaking a word of Italian). As a solo traveller I felt very comfortable and safe. The rooms are simple and spacious and have the most amazing views from the semi-private terrace in front of each room. The breakfast offered was the best I've had in my month in Italy. An accomplished chef, Murano prepared several three-course evening meals for me during my six night stay. The gnocchi was the best I've had in my life! Very simple, unpretentious food, Italian-style: e.g. Don't expect meat and three veg on one plate. Three points for your consideration: you may need earplugs as the walls are thin, the safe in my room was not usable (though to be fair Murano has good security and the doors lock securely) and the bed covers are a bit dated. All in all a wonderful place to stay and a short 15 minute stroll to the centre of Positano.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Seaz123
Hamburg
Reviewed June 3, 2013

It has been a recommendation and we have been very happy with that B&B. Felice gave us a warm welcome and carried our suitcases to our room. The room was very nice, cosy and everything very clean every day. We have slept every night very good, the bed was big enough and cosy. The bathroom also was big enough and very clean. In the room is a little fridge with drinks + TV, but we refused to watch TV, we rather were sitting on our private terrace, enjoying the great seaview. Actually you have seaview out of bed! The breakfast was alright. Bread, Eggs, Joghurt, Muesli, Cornetti, Nutella, Fruits and Capuccino or whatever kind of coffee. And again with great seaview! We had dinner at the B&B twice and enjoyed it very much, the food was nice, also the wine and the limoncello! Felice, the Owner and Linda and the other girls are very friendly and charming. We have felt at home and enjoyed our 5 nights very much and will definitely come back!

Room Tip: It doesnt matter which room, as all rooms are in a row, all with the same private terrace and seavie...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TiniFHamburg
Cornwall, Ontario
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My sister and I stayed there at the end of May. The rooms are very clean. The B&B is in a great location. Yes, it is a 15 minute walk to town but you also aren't paying the expensive Positano rates either. We actually enjoyed the walk and took a cab once 'cause it was late at night. (15 euros). The breakfast was absolutely wonderful. There were fresh pastries, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, bread, all kinds of jams, cappuccino, coffee, tea. The view was also great. Each room has a fantastic view of the ocean.
The owner will cook a delicious dinner for you on request. It's rather quite good. Tip: if you are on a budget, maybe ask the price of dinner before eating.
All in all, we absolutely loved our stay and didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: All rooms have the same view. They are all the same. It's unfortunate that we had inconsiderate...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends