All reviews great location sea view amalfi coast great shower hard boiled eggs beach towels short walk to the beach the bus three star expensive room short stay breakfast room lovely hotel rooms are small yogurt mini bar the main road
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here for our only evening in Positano, and are very glad we did! We found this hotel to be perfectly situated near the top of the town, and an excellent jumping off point to meander down the hill to the beach. I spent a bit of time chatting with Giovanni and getting his advice for the best places to hang out as we moved further down the coast, and I'm so glad we did! Absolutely looking forward to coming back some day.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joesE559EX
hotelboug, General Manager at Hotel La Bougainville, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thanks so much for your kind review, and I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay on the coast. Arrivederci and until next time, Giovanni Fiorentino

Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

I came to positano in September on my leisure impromptu trip. Every hotels were fully booked and I manage to book myself in one of the best hotel in positano for only a night due to the unavailability and was lucky enough to book for 3 nights in Hotel Bougainville. Honestly, I did not expect much from it but I choose the hotel because it’s just a few mins walk from the previous hotel for my convenience. Everything was basic about the hotel.The rates absolutely cost effective.
For a solo female traveller, safety and convenience Is my upmost priority. Giovanni the house manager, were extremely helpful and will take care of all my possible needs to ensure I have a pleasant stay throughout. All in all, a wonderfull and enriching experience I had that will be forever in memories. Giovanni definitely delivered what he spoke. His skills as a concierge service is impeccable.
I will definitely be back again....

Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
2  Thank Nabihah A

Thank you, Nabihah, for your kind words. We value the comfort and safety of all our guests, and take special care with our solo travelers to ensure they feel welcome and at ease. We hope to be able to welcome you again soon to beautiful Positano, Giovanni Fiorentino

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

What a great hotel in the centre of Positano and the staff were superb.

The guy that owns the hotel (I think) was very help and made reservations and recommendations for us, whilst we were in Positano. His recommendations were spot on as well.

If we had any questions he was always available and help with additional questions with our onward journey. To point he handed out his own mobile number

I love the Blue and white theme running through the hotel and the rooms were great and perfect for what we wanted.

The hotel is in a great location only about 10 minutes from the sea front and the beach. From the hotel you can reach all of the restaurants in the town, as they within in Walking distance.

This was excellent value for money and a great place to explore Positano from

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
hotelboug, General Manager at Hotel La Bougainville, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Dear Russell,

Thank you for this excellent review and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Positano.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

Our stay at Bougainville was wonderful! The staff, and Giovanni were so hospitable. Offered great recommendations for restaurants. We didn’t have to do anything. Giovanni set up a reservation and transportation for us. We felt very welcome. Great location, right in the center of town, which was very convenient. We hope to be back soon!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to send us your lovely feedback. We work hard to make each guest feel welcome in Positano, and are always happy to hear when guests enjoy their stay!

Best,

Reviewed September 3, 2018

My husband and I recently went to Italy to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary. We had never been to Italy, much less journeyed to the Amalfi Coast. While we were in Italy, we spent time in Florence and Rome in addition to Positano and, because of the superior hospitality we experienced at Hotel La Bougainville, it was by far our favorite part of the trip. Upon arriving, the manager, Giovanni, met us downstairs and was instantly warm, welcoming, and helpful. He showed us around the hotel, showed us to our room, and took care of our bags. Then, anytime we asked for a recommendation for dinner, drinks, beaches, or tours, he was able to help by giving directions and/or making reservations. It's clear that many, many people in Positano know and respect Giovanni. We took him up on several restaurant recommendations and a beach club recommendation, and each experience was more lovely than the last. The hotel itself is charming and quaint, but the service here is what really made it something special. That, and the amazing view from the balcony of our room (photo attached). I cannot say enough about how wonderful our experience was. Hotel La Bougainville and Giovanni are true gems of Positano!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much, Katie, for your wonderful review! We were happy to have you here as our guests at La Bougainville and hope to be able to host you again in the future.

Best,