“Great location, friendly staff”

Hotel La Bougainville
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Positano
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We had a lovely time at Hotel La Bougainville. The location is perfect! Rooms are well equipped and clean, staff very friendly and helpful. Nice coffee at breakfast although I found the other breakfast options a little too focused on sweet rather than savory. We asked the hotel to book a transfer for us from Naples and whilst expensive, it was well worth it.

2  Thank lam_378

Reviewed November 10, 2013

The Hotel La Bougainville exceeded my expectations. Every positive review that was written was spot on. The proximity to shops, the walking path to the beach, and the numerous restaurants for dining was perfect. The staff was always pleasant to talk to, and offered a number of recommendations for our stay. The hotel itself is just LOVELY. The colors are brilliant, the rooms feel open and airy, the views are breathtaking, and the cleanliness was great. I have already recommended it to my friends since coming back, and I look forward to staying there again when I return for a longer trip.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tiffany G
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My 2 girlfriends and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at HLB!! The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. Recommended a great restaurant that locals like to eat at (name escapes me right now). One of my friends had twisted her knee in the beginning of our trip and the staff gave her an ice pack every night. It was ready and waiting for her upon our return to the room in the evening. We had a triple room - it was a bit tight but we managed. This for me was the only downside as it wasn't what the pictures looked like when we booked. However, we did have a lovely balcony overlooking the ocean and hillsides. Just lovely.
The breakfast was ok. But my experience with B&B's in Europe is definitely not the same as it is in the States. And I've learned to adapt and accept. =)
All in all, this is a great place to stay and I would stay here again if I came back to Positano!

Room Tip: Unless you're arriving by bus or private car, you will be arriving by ferry. PAY the 7-8 euros f...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JPizzle75
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We'd return in a second! Clean, nicely decorated and tucked upstairs behind a bank ATM. Our suitcases were quickly carried for us. I had left my little shoulder purse in the van when we were dropped off first and was upset about losing it. The owner quickly called the driver and the purse was delivered back to me. (Thanks Nick @ Rainbow Tours)
Hotel Bougainville is in a PERFECT location, and we had a superior room with the terrace, and yes, there is a sea view. We have some great photos!
There is no traffic/people at night on the very cute little cobblestone street so very quiet for a great sleep. Plenty of selections for breakfast and wonderful cappachino.
All the staff was very nice and helpful, even bringing my husband bowls of ice each day!
La Cambusa was recommended and it was great. Right on the beach. Three out of four of us had a seafood and they raved on and on:)
We were there 3 nights and it was not enough! We are in our 60's and have a lot on our bucket list, but so hope we can return. And we'd pick La Bougainville again!

Room Tip: Superior room with terrace and sea view!! Good people watching too, while sipping a glass of wine.
1  Thank SharonJames311
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Great location, as it is on the lowest point of the road, so the closest to the beach you can get by car. The staff was very nice, helpful and understanding. The rooms were clean, but one of them had a smell of humidity unfortunately. The weather was fantastic still in October, so we spent most of our time out of the hotel, which is great as the hotel doesn't have a restaurant and the rooms are rather small.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The hotel is not for "pampered" among us. If you want to enjoy from Positano - better to pay more and get more.
The Hotel location is a good and comfortable, close walking distance to the shopping area and the beach. Near bus station and car parking ( 20-30 euro per night )
The hotel is very clean and minimalist. The staff is friendly and helpful ( not always ).
We had a large and clean room ( superior ) with a very comfortable bed.

So ....
The price of a good place - is a noise of a road below in the terrace of a road, very disturbing at the resort and rest.
We had a room with a "sea view". Really, in the terrace we had amazing view to the mountains. But it's not a sea view . May be only a corner of "sea veiw" after "veiw" of roofs of neighbors.

Breakfast is very poor, even for people not spoiled food. Coffee, croissants (well), boiled eggs, two types of cereal, some dry cakes , yogurt, one type of cheese, some fruit juice .
On leaving we asked to make coffee at 7:00 AM, they told us to get in a half hour. Although we announced the night before an early departure. So we had coffee on the way at a petrol station.

The bathroom is large and clean, but very, very small shower. We had to take a shower with the shower door open we got a room with bidet blockage opened it the next day.
Soap, shampoo and other toiletries products not added at all !!! After I asked for shampoo and received one vial without apology, just bought everything out there.

The staff of reception is very friendly, but I would not trust their recommendations. Some were a mistake as a beach, cruise or restaurant.

It would be better to add another 50-100 Euro per night, and get a real good hotel.

1  Thank TalPasternak
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We booked this after our friends recommended the hotel for our Positano stay. We arrived a bit late, and the staff was accommodating, she even upgraded our room. We were so surprised at how wonderfully located the hotel was. It was important for us to be centrally located vs having a view, and it was worth it. We had a very short walk to the beach and many restaurants. The breakfast was great, and the specially made coffee was fantastic. We are so glad we added Positano to our 10 day Italian romantic getaway, it truly was magical.

Room Tip: I would recomend book a room with a courtyard, we spent many nights after dinner with wine on our pa...